Daz To Var 2

Other Daz To Var 2

Chokaphi

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Chokaphi submitted a new resource:

Daz To Var - Turn a Daz G2 file into a VAM ready VAR file.

This is a requested tool to Generate a VAR file from Daz Studio character Zip files.

• This tool will read the selected *.Zip or *.Duf
  • Find the relevant morphs, textures and thumbnails
  • Converts assets to VAM formats and exports a VAR file.
OPTIONAL Customization:
There are 3 files in the Assets folder
  • meta.json
  • Preset_Skin.vap
  • Save.json

The Save.json you can replace with your own save with your own pose and scene location. Just make sure to...

Read more about this resource...

so what Gens does it take ? G3 ? Also i try a g3 zip file and it says "critical failure string cannot be empty etc.

Last edited:
It will only work on Genesis 2 figures. There is currently no Genital texture import since VAM uses a female genital graft that almost never had textures made on Daz side.

Hi, no matter if I try with a complete Genesis2 *.zip or a G2F *.duf from within my DAZ library, I always get a crtitical failure about "cannot find path to Preset_Skin.vap"
Screenshot 2022-01-05 082305.png

Hi, no matter if I try with a complete Genesis2 *.zip or a G2F *.duf from within my DAZ library, I always get a crtitical failure about "cannot find path to Preset_Skin.vap"

Inside the download here, there is a Daz to VAR Converter.exe and a folder called Assets. The Assets folder must be in same directory as the Daz to VAR Converter.exe.
The asset folder contains the helper files, meta.json, Preset_Skin.vap and Save.json

superb.. got it working... but it bring across the default clothes and makeup skin.. can I just have it bring across the morph without default vam person clothes and market up

superb.. got it working... but it bring across the default clothes and makeup skin.. can I just have it bring across the morph without default vam person clothes and market up

The Save.json you can replace with your own save with your own pose, clothes and scene location. Just make sure to click set morphs to default otherwise any active morphs in the scene will be applied to the Imported character. This can lead to unintended results. Any already active morphs in the scene will stay and will be added to the character

The Save.json you can replace with your own save with your own pose, clothes and scene location. Just make sure to click set morphs to default otherwise any active morphs in the scene will be applied to the Imported character. This can lead to unintended results. Any already active morphs in the scene will stay and will be added to the character
so I just make a base json and rename it save.json and copy over the top of the one in there already?

-i've found a case in wich a package from Rendo is a RAR splitted into 2 different zips ( i just had to merge both ZIPs in a single zip and worked.🙂 )
-found another case on rendo wich everything is transfered but not the morph. Will send you details in dM.
Also you may want to add, in description, that users should check if some other characters morphs are required to load the imported one correctly,
since a lot of daz characters are designed to work using morphs from other characters as base model, as a sort of expansion.. Something i barely see here in VAM:cautious: mostly use to morph merge *cough *cough...

Last edited:
-i've found a case in wich a package from Rendo is a RAR splitted into 2 different zips ( i just had to merge both ZIPs in a single zip and worked.🙂 )
-found another case on rendo wich everything is transfered but not the morph. Will send you details in dM.
Also you may want to add, in description, that users should check if some other characters morphs are required to load the imported one correctly,
since a lot of daz characters are designed to work using morphs from other characters as base model, as a sort of expansion.. Something i barely see here in VAM:cautious: mostly use to morph merge *cough *cough...
I have this issue too. See only skin in var package, no morph inside.
Can you resolve this issue?

I have this issue too. See only skin in var package, no morph inside.
Can you resolve this issue?
Can you message me the figure name and where it is from? Alter3go has one that was originally poser based, and a lot of the files were poser formats which the utility can't read.

TODO:
Change meta description to merge with meta json not just overwrite description.
Add delay/toggle to Create VAR button so it can't be double clicked.

Chokaphi submitted a new resource:

Daz To Var - Turn a Daz G2 file into a VAM ready VAR file.

Read more about this resource...

Hi, each time that I use the daz to var I get this error related with the eyes

!> Error during texture load: Path Alter3go.Jasmin.1:/Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/Alter3go/Jasmin/V5BreeEyes12M.jpg is not valid

This can be solved in the importer or is something related with the daz project?

It is something I need to fix. BreeEyes are the default Daz eye texture, so it is referenced by default. So it Daz to Var will look for it inside the zip and not find it cause it is not included. I need to add a check to bypass eye texture import if it is not in zip.

So I've tried this one of two ways;

1. Using a manually created ZIP file for the assets
RESULT: A bunch of skin presets and absolutely nothing else. No mophs, no skin textures, not even a default scene based on the template provided.

2. Trying to use a Loose DUF file
RESULT: Absolutely nothing. Doesn't even appear to attempt to process the file.

do i download a genesis 2 character zip and drag it to the program?
Depends on who made the zip, G2 figures in Official Daz store and proper packaged zips should work.

So I've tried this one of two ways;

1. Using a manually created ZIP file for the assets
RESULT: A bunch of skin presets and absolutely nothing else. No mophs, no skin textures, not even a default scene based on the template provided.

2. Trying to use a Loose DUF file
RESULT: Absolutely nothing. Doesn't even appear to attempt to process the file.

For the loose DUF, in Daz studio go to SAVE AS > CHARACTER PRESET
Then load that duf file with Daz to Var. Assuming Daz Studio is installed correctly it should find all the refrenced textures and morphs and package a VAR file

The zip file support is for content packaged like daz store or renderocity would sell. It needs to have a Character Preset and all the proper folder structure/files that would be dropped into daz studio's content.

Version 1.1 opened with a GUI when run. Version 1.2 does nothing at all ?

Back
Top Bottom