Daz To Var 2

Other Daz To Var 2

Version 1.1 opened with a GUI when run. Version 1.2 does nothing at all ?
It is same UI and framework so not sure why you are not getting a window. Any errors or warnings? Virus scanner or unknown exe scanner blocking it from running?

It is same UI and framework so not sure why you are not getting a window. Any errors or warnings? Virus scanner or unknown exe scanner blocking it from running?
No errors, or warnings, nothing blocking it, just won't open.

So how much of a convert are we talking here? Skin, clothes, hair, accessories? or only some parts?
Also, you said its only for genesis 2? I found a model but it says for genesis 8. I guessing it will not work? or..? Sry never used daz before.

So how much of a convert are we talking here? Skin, clothes, hair, accessories? or only some parts?
Also, you said its only for genesis 2? I found a model but it says for genesis 8. I guessing it will not work? or..? Sry never used daz before.
Vam uses G2 so yeah this tool won't convert a daz g8 into g2, I have another tool to do that but it is not ready. What it is for is to skip over tedium if you want to add g2 figure as is into VAM. Here is what you would do manually that the tool automates.

1. Take the Daz figure you like and find out what textures it is using for torso, face, legs for the Base textures, specular textures and normal textures.
  2. Copy those textures from wherever they are in Daz to your VAM Custom/Atom/Person/Textures/MYDAZFEXTURES
  3. Find all of the morphs that Daz is using to make that figure and copy them all to the correct Custom/Atom/Person/*/morphs
  4. Open VAM load a character, go into Skin settings and set every texture to the ones you coppied to MYDAZFEXTURES
  5. Open morphs and dial all of the morphs to the correct amount the same as the Daz figure.
  6. Now save the figure as a VAM save and appearance preset.
and you Still need to go through more steps to make a VAR in VAM to package all of it up into one file.

TODO:
Fix remaining errors with compressed daz assets.
Fix MCM morph import

What does it mean when it saids
2d6e8e07a3.png

Chokaphi updated Daz To Var with a new update entry:

Beta 1.3 Release

Added more robust debug system. Will log errors to a Debug.log wherever the Daz To Var exe is located. This will hopefully help me track down issues on application not launching.

Fixed: Changed texture import to be case insensitive. This was causing textures to be missed because of case differences in the path.
Fixed: compressed daz files should be more reliable. Moved text file reading into its own class with compression/decompression handling.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vam uses G2 so yeah this tool won't convert a daz g8 into g2, I have another tool to do that but it is not ready. What it is for is to skip over tedium if you want to add g2 figure as is into VAM. Here is what you would do manually that the tool automates.
Thanks for your sharing.
I'm looking forward to when it can work with daz8. I'm new to var and don't know anything about daz, after reading your post I tried searching for daz 2 resources but most of the results showed daz 8.

I noticed you had said use ".NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.1" , which is what Ihad used. I saw that 6.0.3 was available so I installed that and voila - it works.

This works great.

But I'm getting a persistent return of tan lines over new character preset conversions in VAM although no tanlines in the Daz original. Is there something I need to do to clesr out any previous textures?

This works great.

But I'm getting a persistent return of tan lines over new character preset conversions in VAM although no tanlines in the Daz original. Is there something I need to do to clesr out any previous textures?
Actually it's old previously converted textures that seem to be persisting in the conversion. How to fix this?

Actually it's old previously converted textures that seem to be persisting in the conversion. How to fix this?

Did you replace or edit the save.json that is in Daz to Var asset folder? Any changes there will be applied to all exported figures.
Are you overwriting an existing var or making a new one?

Did you replace or edit the save.json that is in Daz to Var asset folder? Any changes there will be applied to all exported figures.
Are you overwriting an existing var or making a new one?
By overwriting I take it you mean I don't change the name - and new is new name?

What does it mean when it saids
2d6e8e07a3.png
Did the new Daz to VAR give you a better error message?

By overwriting I take it you mean I don't change the name - and new is new name?

I was just curious if you were seeing the tanlines on new VAR or one with same name that already was there. The tool will not add any textures that are not in the Daz *DUF or have been added by replacing the Save.json in Daz to Var /asset folder

Chokaphi updated Daz To Var with a new update entry:

Updated to Release 1.4

Fixed: Material Preset Duf's for non G2 figures will be properly ignored.
Fixed: Author and Character name input will remove invalid characters that could prevent the var from being seen by VAM
Added: When you select a Zip or Duf file it will auto fill the "Character Name" box.

I consider this utility feature complete so marking this as release version.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've used this successfully with 3 female models, but when I try 2 or 3 different male models, I get an error saying "no genesis 2 files found", even though the models are listed as gen2. I know practically nothing about Daz or these files, but I'm wondering if I need to do something to use this with a male model vs a female. Thanks for any help!

I've used this successfully with 3 female models, but when I try 2 or 3 different male models, I get an error saying "no genesis 2 files found", even though the models are listed as gen2. I know practically nothing about Daz or these files, but I'm wondering if I need to do something to use this with a male model vs a female. Thanks for any help!
The changes I made to the g2 filter probably broke Male's. The check is a bit flaky so I will rework that for the next release.

First of all, thank you so much, Chokaphi!

This is a great tool, a bit hit-and-miss (some zips only produce textures and skins), but otherwise super useful. Really looking forward to support for Male characters!

How would i go about fixing the "errors during texture load" where V5BreeHeadS.jpg, V5BreeTorsoS.jpg, V5BreeLimbsS.jpg and V5BreeEyes12M.jpg aren't found to be valid?

Need help and suggestion if i am doing anything wrong here. Not able to get this software work, even DAZ 3D Genesis 2 model is added as skin texture into VAM not as model or asset. I followed the process and made attempt to convert this model - KESHI from DAZ to VAM but it comes out as skin texture in VAM not as model with all jewellery /makeup props.
This is the look on DAZ 3D for model.

DAZ Genesis 2 model download link.

After that i made another attempt with Genesis 3 Model - draupadi but that also comes out as skin texture in VAM After following process.

model download.
mega.nz/file/9dhzVRaT#X5u1hBNpVNd-S27myhDK9EdjdHKbI5q9gdDBLzglEJ8

This genesis 3 model has lot of jewellery,makeup add ons which i wanted. files created successfuly but in VAM everything gets visible as skin textures , not as model/clothing/makeup which i could use.

Need help. I converted Genesis 2 model (KESHI) and added the var package into addonpackages but VAM detects it as skin not model. am i missing something? please suggest how to to get the model into VAM with accessories? I purchased this model KESHI when i was playing with DAZ.
It has lot of accessories- earings, bracelets and there is a matt in daz 3d which gives different color and looks to jewellery and accessory, how to get all that into VAM? On DAZ this model looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom