Daz To Var 2

Other Daz To Var 2

Chokaphi updated Daz To Var with a new update entry:

Bug fix to prevent VAM unreadable zip files.

Fixes duplicate zip entries that cause VAM to stop loading any further VAR files.

• Fixed: Some G8 Material presets were being seen as G2. Leading to a bug if they shared the same name.
    • If the entries shared the same name, it would create two zip entries with the same path. This causes VAM Var reader to fail.
  • Added: A general duplicate check before any zip entry is created.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Im trying some G2 zip files from daz shop but every time in every zip file i have error "Error procesing files : image cannot be loaded. Available decoders....) , converting duf only works but without adding textures and morphs.

Im trying some G2 zip files from daz shop but every time in every zip file i have error "Error procesing files : image cannot be loaded. Available decoders....) , converting duf only works but without adding textures and morphs.

What format/extension are the images in? It should only need to convert the thumbnails from Daz's default *.png to the jpeg thumbnail Vam expects. Perhaps this file is using some other format.

What format/extension are the images in? It should only need to convert the thumbnails from Daz's default *.png to the jpeg thumbnail Vam expects. Perhaps this file is using some other format.
Thank you for reply , inside zip folder only .png files and textures in .jpg no other formats inside . If you want i can send you in private message these zips to check.

Thank you for reply , inside zip folder only .png files and textures in .jpg no other formats inside . If you want i can send you in private message these zips to check.
Please do, I will try to get time to look onto it this coming week.

Can you specify which DAZ product this is? Perhaps it's not something that can be read directly. I'm familiar with DAZ Studio. Perhaps I can interpret the product page for details. What usually works best for me is to load up the figure in DS, then save it as a character preset. The daz-to-var program works very well on those.

Can you specify which DAZ product this is? Perhaps it's not something that can be read directly. I'm familiar with DAZ Studio. Perhaps I can interpret the product page for details. What usually works best for me is to load up the figure in DS, then save it as a character preset. The daz-to-var program works very well on those.
Sure :

Sure :
These are all pretty straightforward packages. The Daz to Var program should work on these, if you point it to the actual character preset. Don't just run it on the raw zip file from Daz. Install it somewhere (hint: you need lots of space available for future use). Once installed, you should have a folder at "Content\People\Genesis 2 Female" with that character's name on it. Point the converter program to that duf file. I just did one from my collection of G2F characters, and it worked well. There's a known issue with the gens textures, because Vam doesn't use the same ones as Daz Studio. Either autogenerate one, or apply a skin preset that already exists in Vam.

Thanks for reply , i know converter works and generate var file directly from .duf file but i need edit these var and add textures and morphs manually , but this should also works from zip file but dont works. I have some daz3d releases who works directly from zip then its all generated corectly and have included skin textures and morphs inside .var file without manual adding its reason why i ask Chokaphi to check why in this zip folders generating var dont works and why have errors with processing graphics files. But thanks for your help and explanation.

Thanks for reply , i know converter works and generate var file directly from .duf file but i need edit these var and add textures and morphs manually , but this should also works from zip file but dont works. I have some daz3d releases who works directly from zip then its all generated corectly and have included skin textures and morphs inside .var file without manual adding its reason why i ask Chokaphi to check why in this zip folders generating var dont works and why have errors with processing graphics files. But thanks for your help and explanation.

I have had a chance to look over some of the files and I have found two problems with Daz to Var so far that is causing the problem.

Aphrodite has a !!Hint.duf file that is not a .duf file (text) but a renamed *.png file (image). We are trying to parse it as json text and failing.

The main problem I see so far is we are looking for thumbnails the way Daz Studio names them now, however these old files don't follow that pattern. So I will fix it to also check for this old name scheme as well. Currently Daz names thumbnails ex: myfilename.duf.png but the old files are just myfilename.png

Edit:
Also Maggie will not work as is because the creator did not include a Character preset, it is just a morph preset and material presets. You will need to make your own Character preset for that one.

From store page
Maggie For Genesis 2 Female: (.DUF and .PZ2)
  • Maggie Shape Apply
Unlike say
Natasha for Genesis 2 Female(s): (.DUF)
  • Natasha Character Preset

The character Preset is what tells Daz how the morphs and material are supposed to be used, without it I won't know "how" to build a look.

Last edited:
Chokaphi updated Daz To Var 2 with a new update entry:

Beta 3: Bug fixes

Fixed: Thumbnails with the older Daz naming scheme** should be detected when scanning older Genesis 2 content from zip files.
Fixed: Unreadable/corrupted *.duf files should no longer cause errors when processing .

**Daz currently uses:
  • filename.duf
  • filename.duf.png

**Older Daz uses:
  • filename.duf
  • filename.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

I got the following msg when attempting to utilize your tool. No var was created that I can find. Please help I am lost.

Attachments

• 2023-03-08_13h39_42.png
    2023-03-08_13h39_42.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

I got the following msg when attempting to utilize your tool. No var was created that I can find. Please help I am lost.

If you click on the green at the top is will show information and error messages for that file.

However I happen to also have that file in my archives, and it is full of problems that make it not usable with this tool.

It uses Victoria 4 textures which VAM does not support.
It is also put together very weirdly, it is like a hybrid of the Old Victoria 4 figure that is half assed converted to Genesis 2 figure. It has a 1.6 Million line long "morph.duf" file ffs. I'm not even sure where to go about fixing it.

If you want to try and salvage it, you would need to use Daz studio to convert the textures to Genesis 2 format.
Apply the converted textures to the figure and try saving a Genesis 2 character preset
Try importing that preset and hope.

Alternatively I have seen several Liara figures and textures released for Vam that you may want to look for instead.

If you click on the green at the top is will show information and error messages for that file.

However I happen to also have that file in my archives, and it is full of problems that make it not usable with this tool.

It uses Victoria 4 textures which VAM does not support.
It is also put together very weirdly, it is like a hybrid of the Old Victoria 4 figure that is half assed converted to Genesis 2 figure. It has a 1.6 Million line long "morph.duf" file ffs. I'm not even sure where to go about fixing it.

If you want to try and salvage it, you would need to use Daz studio to convert the textures to Genesis 2 format.
Apply the converted textures to the figure and try saving a Genesis 2 character preset
Try importing that preset and hope.

Alternatively I have seen several Liara figures and textures released for Vam that you may want to look for instead.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was just interested in using your tool and wanted to see how it worked. Yeah I have plenty of Liara models already just testing things out. Anyhow thanks again for clearing that all up.

Yes, the tool does not transfer geografts. It would be heavenly if it did. I previously ported the Anemone character, but without the gills and fins. The Minotaur textures were ported to G2M.
Did u found how to do for the Anemone ? been 5hours and still didn't found how to import it correctly

Did u found how to do for the Anemone ? been 5hours and still didn't found how to import it correctly
No. Geografts just don't work through this tool. I got the head and body shape, and the skin, which are based on G2, but the geografts won't work.

Chokaphi, do you plan to continue developing this beyond a beta?

Well most of my stuff stays in "Beta" cause I never think to rename/re-release just to mark it as release. I think this tool is complete, It does everything I was asked to make it do plus a few things I wanted. Other than fixing bugs that get reported I'm not sure what else to do to develop it more?

Is there something you have in mind?

The only thing I would like to improve on is moving the UI to Avalon or MAUI once they get .net to native compiling working. That would just remove the need for a 100+ MB exe file.

Hey, so I've been trying to get some Gen2 morphs to work, but with no luck.

First I tried to copy over the .dsf files to VAM, but the morphs just didn't do anything and now when I tried to make a character preset for them, the "Daz to Var Converter.exe" just straight up crashes when I try to click on the items in the list.

The morphs I am trying to get to work are:

Vascularity HD for Genesis 2

SY Dolly Joints G2

What could be the problem?

Last edited:
Hey, so I've been trying to get some Gen2 morphs to work, but with no luck.

First I tried to copy over the .dsf files to VAM, but the morphs just didn't do anything and now when I tried to make a character preset for them, the "Daz to Var Converter.exe" just straight up crashes when I try to click on the items in the list.

The morphs I am trying to get to work are:

Vascularity HD for Genesis 2

SY Dolly Joints G2

What could be the problem?

If VAM just ignores the dsf in its morph folder and doesn't compile it into a vmi/vmb, it is probably a type that VAM does not support.
If you have it in the VAM morph folder it should report rejecting it and why in VAM's log file in your %appdata% folder.

My tool should also mark the same morphs as unusable and skip packing them but looks like something about them is crashing it instead I will see if I can figure out why.

iirc: MCM/MCMuti morphs wont compile into vmi/vmb and I think HD morphs do nothing in VAM since it's skin smoothing system is different from Daz's. You could try and use Blender to bake the vascular into normal map textures,

For the Sy Dolly I have no clue the description is a bit vague, just depends on how that morph was built but again if VAM itself isn't taking it this tool won't make it work.

Hi! I’m having some issues with the script where it crashes when I try to click on failed imports to get the associated error messages. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

Back
Top Bottom