Daz To Var 2

Other Daz To Var 2

First to clarify what this tool does not handle clothing, jewelry or anything like that. For those items you will need to search the hub for clothing/prop import tutorials.
This tool just automates the steps you would need to do to add a Characters morphs and skins into VAM instead of having to do it by hand.
It also only works with Genesis 2.

Need help. I converted Genesis 2 model (KESHI) and added the var package into addonpackages but VAM detects it as skin not model. am i missing something? please suggest how to to get the model into VAM with accessories? I purchased this model KESHI when i was playing with DAZ.
It has lot of accessories- earings, bracelets and there is a matt in daz 3d which gives different color and looks to jewellery and accessory, how to get all that into VAM? On DAZ this model looks fantastic.

Ok, I tried importing KESHI, and found a bug that is causing the figure shape to not be recognized as a Genesis 2 figure. I will try and get a fix out when I can.

In the meantime you can manually add the character to VAM by copying the *dsf morphs to your VAM Folder \Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female
and textures to \Custom\Atom\Person\Textures then recreate the character in VAM (apply morphs and textures).

For Draupadi it is Genesis 3 a different mesh from what VAM uses you would need to convert it to Genesis 2 yourself, Search the hub to see if there is a G3 to G2 tutorial. I know a G8 to G2 tutorial exists.

First to clarify what this tool does not handle clothing, jewelry or anything like that. For those items you will need to search the hub for clothing/prop import tutorials.
This tool just automates the steps you would need to do to add a Characters morphs and skins into VAM instead of having to do it by hand.
It also only works with Genesis 2.

Ok, I tried importing KESHI, and found a bug that is causing the figure shape to not be recognized as a Genesis 2 figure. I will try and get a fix out when I can.

In the meantime you can manually add the character to VAM by copying the *dsf morphs to your VAM Folder \Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\female
and textures to \Custom\Atom\Person\Textures then recreate the character in VAM (apply morphs and textures).

For Draupadi it is Genesis 3 a different mesh from what VAM uses you would need to convert it to Genesis 2 yourself, Search the hub to see if there is a G3 to G2 tutorial. I know a G8 to G2 tutorial exists.
OK Thanks. If i add the clothing , jewellery and remove the model and save it as duf file, can your tool convert it into .var files and make it visible into VAM? i Have copied .duf file of keshi into folder you mentioned but when i try to bring it into VAM, it gets me default model of VAM not keshi.

Can someone tell me where to get the character in VAM? I cannot see him anywhere

Hey guys, I tried to use the utility with the standard genesis 2 character for the test, but I got this error. Very strange, maybe someone has encountered?
Снимок экрана 2022-08-02 125323.png

The changes I made to the g2 filter probably broke Male's. The check is a bit flaky so I will rework that for the next release.
With 1.4 I'm still getting the "no genesis 2 files found" error on male figures. Any update coming?

With 1.4 I'm still getting the "no genesis 2 files found" error on male figures. Any update coming?

Yes, I have been working on rewriting the app from scratch over the past few months. It is much better at detecting the figure generation and does not have the issues with Male G2 that v1 has.

I still need to spend some more time making sure all the data converts correctly but hope to have a release in a few weeks.

Current UI [/QUOTE]

Bitdefender detects the download site as a dangerous site and detects viruses Why? I really need this.

Hi! Im still sort of new to Daz.. i have a whole bunch of girls i did n blender with the Make Human Lab that are all Dae files or GTLF.. how to get them into Daz? is there a get your blend girls into Daz cheat sheet anywhere too? this looks like Ill finally be able to get them all into VaM :)

Hi! Im still sort of new to Daz.. i have a whole bunch of girls i did n blender with the Make Human Lab that are all Dae files or GTLF.. how to get them into Daz? is there a get your blend girls into Daz cheat sheet anywhere too? this looks like Ill finally be able to get them all into VaM :)
Having never used Make Human, im gonna assume they use their own custom model. In that case you need to convert the models mesh to be in Genesis 2 format and you are gonna need to convert the Textures to match the new meshes UV.
There are tools that can help called Wrap3d(standalone program) and zwrap(Wrap3d for Zbrush) that can adjust one mesh to match another, search the hub for tutorials on how to use it.
Once the two meshes have the same shape you will be able to transfer the textures over.

It is not an easy process at first and will take time to learn, sorry my tool won't help with that process.

Please let me know if Daz to VAR 2 works well on your G2 males. I did not have many G2 to test with, (Michael, Gianni, Scott)

I'm new to Daz and when I load the G2 figure I have no characters and I can not see any dials to adjust the body parts. If I load a G3 character or higher I see lots of morph sliders.
I used another tutorial to load a G3 character and then use "fit to" on the G2 character and it takes the shape of the G3 character.
I can't delete the G3 character or it'll revert the G2 but I make it invisible and then select G2 and save as a character preset.
This doesn't work though. I get a red bar and it crashes.
Is there any way to do this?

I'm not sure why I can't morph G2 except that it's an old install of Dazstudio. Maybe I've deleted something.

On the new Beta 2, I get "Error Processing files: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source') trying to convert a G2 male model. It actually ran on that character once, but then it failed the second time. Female models work fine.

I'm new to Daz and when I load the G2 figure I have no characters and I can not see any dials to adjust the body parts. If I load a G3 character or higher I see lots of morph sliders.
I used another tutorial to load a G3 character and then use "fit to" on the G2 character and it takes the shape of the G3 character.
I can't delete the G3 character or it'll revert the G2 but I make it invisible and then select G2 and save as a character preset.
This doesn't work though. I get a red bar and it crashes.
Is there any way to do this?

I'm not sure why I can't morph G2 except that it's an old install of Dazstudio. Maybe I've deleted something.

Make sure you have the Free Genesis 2 Starter essentials installed. That provides the figures and base morphs.

On the new Beta 2, I get "Error Processing files: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source') trying to convert a G2 male model. It actually ran on that character once, but then it failed the second time. Female models work fine.

Can you give me the Duf file that causes the error? Or tell me what figure/morph combo?

I saved a character preset of the basic Daz Minotaur6 figure. I know it won't take the horns, but the base figure should work. I'll try a more human G2M figure.

The human G2M worked fine. It doesn't like the Minotaur6. It seems the .var file won't load properly, but the morphs are there. They were there from the previous attempt. I dialed in the morph and applied the skin textures manually. The character is ported. No idea what caused that error.

Testing the figure now, I can't get the error bit I did notice a morph bug I need to fix (same morph in multiple VAR,s can posibly be applied multiple times).
Did the skin textures actually work? It is using a custom UV that VAM does not have support for.

It is a interesting figure I did not know existed, the legs are grafts not actual morphs of the figure, Same as horns and tail.

Make sure you have the Free Genesis 2 Starter essentials installed. That provides the figures and base morphs.

Thanks. I'm downloading now.
I did have a couple morphs I tested and they showed up in VAM but the eyes were messed up.
They were elves or something and when I load them in VAM the eyeballs are back in the skull. Changing the eye depth doesn't fix them because the movement seems to be off center.

I was able to download it but now it gives me an error "could no convert string to date time offset. See file date. Pat asset_info modified line 12 position 30"

Ok, so we are having issues reading one of the JSON Files (the duf/dsf) files Daz uses. Can you open the *.duf file you are trying to convert and post the top bit.

for example

{
"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",
"asset_info" : {
"id" : "/Test%20Character%20Preset.duf",
"type" : "character",
"contributor" : {
"author" : "stratas",
"email" : "",
"website" : ""
},
"revision" : "1.0",
"modified" : "2022-01-03T23:00:23Z" <<<< THIS IS THE PART IT IS COMPLAINING OF NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND
},

that is a timestamp made by Daz, so it could be corrupt. What locale are you at, (language version of Windows you use)?
Does the error tell you the specific file that is causing the issue?

Ok, so we are having issues reading one of the JSON Files (the duf/dsf) files Daz uses. Can you open the *.duf file you are trying to convert and post the top bit.

for example

{
"file_version" : "0.6.0.0",
"asset_info" : {
"id" : "/Test%20Character%20Preset.duf",
"type" : "character",
"contributor" : {
"author" : "stratas",
"email" : "",
"website" : ""
},
"revision" : "1.0",
"modified" : "2022-01-03T23:00:23Z" <<<< THIS IS THE PART IT IS COMPLAINING OF NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND
},

that is a timestamp made by Daz, so it could be corrupt. What locale are you at, (language version of Windows you use)?
Does the error tell you the specific file that is causing the issue?
Mexico win 10 spanish.

Testing the figure now, I can't get the error bit I did notice a morph bug I need to fix (same morph in multiple VAR,s can posibly be applied multiple times).
Did the skin textures actually work? It is using a custom UV that VAM does not have support for.

It is a interesting figure I did not know existed, the legs are grafts not actual morphs of the figure, Same as horns and tail.
Yes, the tool does not transfer geografts. It would be heavenly if it did. I previously ported the Anemone character, but without the gills and fins. The Minotaur textures were ported to G2M.

Back
Top Bottom