Vam To Daz 2

Other Vam To Daz 2

I spent some time trying to understand the cause of the error, and I found that the key to the error lies in the proportion of the characters, or rather the position of the genitals after the body is deformed. Should this be the error of New Genitalia For Victoria 6?

Try this new version, I was given a set of VAM morphs that for some reason had more vertices than what G2 has. Daz will apparently crash if the Daz morph file has more vertices than the G2 base figure when you try and change some settings. Perhaps your genital morphs suffered from the same error?

Great update Chokaphi :)
Only had the excess verts issue a couple of times and assumed it was a rare case - plus I manage to wrangle my way around the crashes to get an export out using .fbx

Have another question though...
I've been walking a non-native english speaker through setting up their vam model in substance painter using Vam2Daz as part of the process.

They are seeing the same as below when they try to drag and drop files. Don't suppose you have any ideas what causes it?
For reference they are using the latest update with the .net files built in.
1702245475246.png

Only had the excess verts issue a couple of times and assumed it was a rare case - plus I manage to wrangle my way around the crashes to get an export out using .fbx

I've been walking a non-native english speaker through setting up their vam model in substance painter using Vam2Daz as part of the process.

They are seeing the same as below when they try to drag and drop files. Don't suppose you have any ideas what causes it?
View attachment 313936

That's odd, I do not have any code that changes that icon, It could be part of WPF's(The UI lib used) built in drop code handler.

I mean the drop code is all consuming, just takes the array of dropped data sifts through to pull out the VMI/VMB extensions and verifies that the other file exists if only one part of the pair is dropped. It will take files/folder anything that can be drug and dropped in windows...

View attachment 313936

Ask then if they are trying to drop inside the squares? Outside of the UI squares (the parts that don't light up on mouseover) are not droppable.

Capture.JPG

Ask then if they are trying to drop inside the squares? Outside of the UI squares (the parts that don't light up on mouseover) are not droppable.

Thanks Chokaphi.
We found the issue. I missed this post earlier scanning through the discussions.
He was running in 'Admin'
Switched to non admin and it works.

1702285568790.png

Thanks for letting me know the cause, I wonder if I can add a check/alert telling them not to do that.

I mean I made the tool, compiled it and all I can say is however my first thought for that user...
...."WHY THE FUCK DID YOU RUN A RANDOM EXE FROM THE WEB AS ADMIN!!!!!!!!!"...

Try this new version, I was given a set of VAM morphs that for some reason had more vertices than what G2 has. Daz will apparently crash if the Daz morph file has more vertices than the G2 base figure when you try and change some settings. Perhaps your genital morphs suffered from the same error?
Thankfully, it did work

2024-01-08 12 50 42.png
"Found 0 Daz content paths
No Daz Content paths available. File will be saved in the application folder 'No Daz path found'"

What to do? Is it possible to somehow specify the paths manually?

Version: VAM to Daz 2.2.0

View attachment 321640
No Daz Content paths available. File will be saved in the application folder 'No Daz path found'"

You can specify the path in Daz studio. But judging by the screenshots, it looks like you don't have the bundle of Genesis 2 and New Genitalia For Victoria 6 installed in Daz studio

View attachment 321640

You can get the Genesis 2 Starter essentials for free at https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female

However, Daz has four possible installers for its content, the classic DRM free installs should be detected fine. The ones that are DRM can be problematic for the tool to detect.
The download options are DazCentral, Daz Connect, DIM, or Manual Install.

You will want to use the DIM or manual install (DRM free options) and I recommend using the DIM option since it automates installing.
DIM files are installed with the https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info tool, it will handle adding and removing the files and updating the metadata that Daz uses to find files using smart content.

I've gone through the process of fixing bones for vam female atoms:

1. Morph and merge tool to generate a single head+body morph .vmi/.vmb
2. Dropping the .vmi/.vmb morphs into VAM2DAZ tool
3. Editing bones in DAZ and exporting the .dsf
4. Dropping the .dsf into the VAM female morphs folder so that it generates the new .vmi/.vmb files

That all is fine, but my question is, shouldn't I be able to take the new .vmi/.vmb files and drop them into VAM2DAZ again to start the bone editing process again?
What I'm seeing is that when I bring it back to DAZ again, the bones are messed up. I would expect them to be exactly as they were when I exported them from DAZ.

I've gone through the process of fixing bones for vam female atoms:

1. Morph and merge tool to generate a single head+body morph .vmi/.vmb
2. Dropping the .vmi/.vmb morphs into VAM2DAZ tool
3. Editing bones in DAZ and exporting the .dsf
4. Dropping the .dsf into the VAM female morphs folder so that it generates the new .vmi/.vmb files

That all is fine, but my question is, shouldn't I be able to take the new .vmi/.vmb files and drop them into VAM2DAZ again to start the bone editing process again?
What I'm seeing is that when I bring it back to DAZ again, the bones are messed up. I would expect them to be exactly as they were when I exported them from DAZ.
I'm not 100 pct sure exactly what you are seeing by here is my best guess..

Daz has two points of reference for bones, the root(start position where rotation occurs) and the end point. The end point is used to make the bones look pretty in Daz UI, no other software cares.
It does not affect articulation of the model in Daz, VAM, Unity Blender etc.. its just for visual display in Daz. It can be corrected by: Bone display inside of Daz studio may look off, this is visual issue, not a problem with the actual bone rigging. This can be corrected by using the Adjust rig to shape option in Daz with ONLY the adjust end Points checked.

The reason the end point is not created by my tool is VAM only records the root position during the conversion from Daz to the vmi file so there is no data on the "fake" end point stored. I had thoughts on faking the data by best estimate, but Daz already has the built in ability to do it accuratly.

Does this answer the question?

I've been using vam to daz forever, and for some reason I'm getting this error with the newest version, and when trying to export the morph out of daz at base resolution it crashes

"Processing Eve3 - Body
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/VAM/Eve3 - Body.dsf This file has more verticies 33351 than the the base mesh should have.
The verticies beyond 21556 will be ignored"

Back
Top Bottom