Vam To Daz 2

Other Vam To Daz 2

Doesn't "solve" my issue, but does very clearly explain what went wrong. Thanks.

Honestly the best usage I can think of though is the fact VAM has 1000 lookalikes and daz has almost 0 because the daz store doesn't want to upset hollywood celebrities or whatever. (or at least this is the inspiration for why I looked up the existence of this plugin.)

If I just dial in the face and ignore both the body and genitals, I think the result of this plugin is fairly useful.

Thanks Chokaphi for this awesome tool. I want to ask, is it possible to convert a custom created morph created through VAM sliders through this? And is it possible to convert clothes/assets to general 3D files like OBJ?

Thanks Chokaphi for this awesome tool. I want to ask, is it possible to convert a custom created morph created through VAM sliders through this? And is it possible to convert clothes/assets to general 3D files like OBJ?

Yes you can use https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/morph-merge-and-split.15048/ inside VAM on the character to turn the current figure from sliders into a new single morph file. Then run that morph file through my tool.

I know someone made a VAM hair to blender converter, clothes are theoretically possible but would be a mess with licensing issues so I don't think anyone has made a public one.

What's wrong with this?

When I open daz report errors:
1222222222222.png

when I export as obj from daz or edit morphs imported from VAM always crashes:
132.png

These problems have never appeared before using your software.Ask for your help. Thank you very much~
Is it because I have not installed anything, or the software has written something to DAZ that causes the crash~

Last edited:
What's wrong with this?

When I open daz report errors:
View attachment 210203
when I export as obj from daz or edit morphs imported from VAM always crashes:
View attachment 210200
These problems have never appeared before using your software.Ask for your help. Thank you very much~
Is it because I have not installed anything, or the software has written something to DAZ that causes the crash~

The Missing file it is complaining about are the Female Genitals. I am guessing you converted some genital morphs but you do not have the actual 3feetwolf genital model the morphs change. You need the genitals https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/42366_New-Genitalia-For-Victoria-6 from somewhere. That is the genital geograft VAM uses.

The program only writes the converted *dsf (daz morph file) to DazStudio in the following folders depending on what you are converting. These files should never be capable of Causing Daz to crash but you can delete those folders to see if that helps the crashing.

/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia For Victoria 6/Genitalia-default/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Male Genitalia/Morphs/VAM2Daz/

If it does stop the crashing please let me know so I can see why.

The Missing file it is complaining about are the Female Genitals. I am guessing you converted some genital morphs but you do not have the actual 3feetwolf genital model the morphs change. You need the genitals https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/42366_New-Genitalia-For-Victoria-6 from somewhere. That is the genital geograft VAM uses.

The program only writes the converted *dsf (daz morph file) to DazStudio in the following folders depending on what you are converting. These files should never be capable of Causing Daz to crash but you can delete those folders to see if that helps the crashing.

/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/3feetwolf/New Genitalia For Victoria 6/Genitalia-default/Morphs/VAM2Daz/
/data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Male Genitalia/Morphs/VAM2Daz/

If it does stop the crashing please let me know so I can see why.
This should be the reason. In fact, I don't need the morph of gen morph,I just tried a few times. When starting daz, how can I make it avoid this missing alert.

This should be the reason. In fact, I don't need the morph of gen morph,I just tried a few times. When starting daz, how can I make it avoid this missing alert.

Delete the dsf files from /data/daz 3d/Genesis 2/Male Genitalia/Morphs/VAM2Daz/ANY DSF FILE HERE

Daz can be setup with multiple content paths so I can only tell you the relative path

My problem is that there is an apparent depression in the pelvis/genital region when I apply the converted body morph only... should I always apply the converted genitals morphs also?
Screenshot 2023-06-20 113531.png

My problem is that there is an apparent depression in the pelvis/genital region when I apply the converted body morph only... should I always apply the converted genitals morphs also?
View attachment 259318

That area is what is hidden in VAM by the genital graft but the hidden vertices still can be moved by morphs. When you export the morph you see what the actual body shape without the genital graft.

Using Daz Studio applying the genital graft that VAM uses ( New Gens for Victoria 6 ) with the exported genital morph applied might hide the issue since it will hide and replace that area of the mesh.

It might only be fixable in blender or some sculpting software thou.

The genital areas are always going to be problematic because you can not see the bad deformations morphs are applying inside VAM. It is only when the body morph is shown without the graft hiding things that you see the mesh issues.

Did you ever find the root cause of this? Some Rogue internal VAM morph? Or did it seem to just be a bug in the way VAM builds it's mesh? Just hate knowing others may have similar glitched morphs and if there is a way I can work around it.
yes,I fixed them by using R3DSwarp

Have you solved them? I have same promble,when applying the dsf morph to Genesis 2,everything seems good but when I turn the "resolution level" to "Base" in daz,the Daz 100% crash...

@Chokaphi I am getting an error when I try to run "VAM to DAK." Windows 11. Any iodeas? I was looking for the source on github, but only saw morph-merger.

I tried to create a global.json in the vam directory that points to the 6.0.101 sdk, but it didn't help. It's also failing for VAM to Daz 2 Beta 2.1 with the same error.

Thanks.

Code:
C:\VaM>"VAM to Daz 2.exe"
Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.model.Initialize()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.MainWindow..ctor()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.App.Main()

C:\VaM>dotnet --list-sdks
2.1.202 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
2.1.500 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
6.0.101 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

C:\VaM>dotnet --list-runtimes
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Last edited:
@Chokaphi I am getting an error when I try to run "VAM to DAK." Windows 11. Any iodeas? I was looking for the source on github, but only saw morph-merger.

I tried to create a global.json in the vam directory that points to the 6.0.101 sdk, but it didn't help. It's also failing for VAM to Daz 2 Beta 2.1 with the same error.

Thanks.

Code:
C:\VaM>"VAM to Daz 2.exe"
Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'source')
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.model.Initialize()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.MainWindow..ctor()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at VAM_to_Daz_2.App.Main()

C:\VaM>dotnet --list-sdks
2.1.202 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
2.1.500 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
6.0.101 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

C:\VaM>dotnet --list-runtimes
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 6.0.1 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Microsoft made some patches the .NET runtime while I was developing this so the minimum required runtime is 6.0.5 or later.

You have 6.0.1 installed but you need to have the one linked in the description (any version 6.0.5 or later of the Desktop Runtime). Here is the link for the latest v6.0.19

Edit: I updated the description to try and make the requirement clearer. Let me know of I need to improve the description.
Version 2 requires version 6.0.5 or newer of the .Net 6 Desktop runtime

Last edited:
Microsoft made some patches the .NET runtime while I was developing this so the minimum required runtime is 6.0.5 or later.

You have 6.0.1 installed but you need to have the one linked in the description (any version 6.0.5 or later of the Desktop Runtime). Here is the link for the latest v6.0.19

Edit: I updated the description to try and make the requirement clearer. Let me know of I need to improve the description.
Version 2 requires version 6.0.5 or newer of the .Net 6 Desktop runtime

Thanks for the response. I know I had newer versions earlier in the day, and I went backl and read through the threads and swear you had 6.0.1 listed. Oringinal version didn;t work, so I removed them. Will try again with 6.0.19.

Thanks for the response. I know I had newer versions earlier in the day, and I went backl and read through the threads and swear you had 6.0.1 listed. Oringinal version didn;t work, so I removed them. Will try again with 6.0.19.

It originally started with 6.0.1 so the threads may still mention it, sometime during the beta MS pushed a security patch for .NET via windows update that made later builds require 6.0.5.

I can not find the male genitalia morph inside daz. Vam2Daz converted the file and saved the .dsf in the "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male Genitalia\Morphs\Vam2Daz" folder, but it's not showing up in daz for some reason. I must have missed a step or something, even though this was my third attempt. I also may have deleted some necessary files while cleaning out my daz folders a few months back. I hope that's not the case though. 😔

I can not find the male genitalia morph inside daz. Vam2Daz converted the file and saved the .dsf in the "data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male Genitalia\Morphs\Vam2Daz" folder, but it's not showing up in daz for some reason. I must have missed a step or something, even though this was my third attempt. I also may have deleted some necessary files while cleaning out my daz folders a few months back. I hope that's not the case though. 😔

It is a mesh graft, so do you have the Genesis 2 Male Anatomical Elements installed which morph will work on? I know it comes with the Michel 6 Pro bundle and not the base Michael 6. Not sure if they bundle it in other ways/figures.

can't even drag and drop anything *.vmi or *.vmb into the tool, mouse cursor became a 🚫 icon when I try to drag files on the tool

Hey~ dude~

When I opened my converted female genitalia modifier .dsf file by vscode, I noticed this line of code:

"parent": "/data/3feetwolf/New%20Genitalia%20For%20Victoria%206/Genitalia-default/Genitalia-default_1452.dsf#Genitalia-default",

But the point is, in this directory: ..\data\3feetwolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 6\Genitalia-default\,

I don't have this file named Genitalia-default_1452.dsf at all.

This Genitalia-default_1452.dsf file should be a figure type .dsf file.

I also know where to probably download it, here is the link: https://www.renderotica.com/store/sku/68031_New-Gens-For-Victoria-6.

But this thing is going to cost me $12, so can you send us a copy of Genitalia-default_1452.dsf? Thank you~

Attention:

Copy Genitalia-default_1452.dsf to the ..\data\3feetwolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 6\Genitalia-default\ directory

and

put the modifier dsf file generated by this tool (vam to daz 2) into this directory:..\data\3feewolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 6\Genitalia-default\Morphs\Vam2Daz\,

so that we can see and use the female genitalia morph slider in daz studio.

Only then we can say we have converted our vam female genitalia morphs to daz version.

This doesn't "bring vam characters back to daz". Just morphs. The "character" is morphs, hair, textures. If I'm missing something obvious, let me know. But the title seems very misleading.

Hello, I activated a custom deformation in Daz and when I tried to export obj, Daz crashed with the following error:
QQ截图20231019192637.jpg

I spent some time trying to understand the cause of the error, and I found that the key to the error lies in the proportion of the characters, or rather the position of the genitals after the body is deformed. Should this be the error of New Genitalia For Victoria 6?

I'm pretty new to VaM. How would I even make a vmi or vmb file to be transferred to DAZ? Right now, all I have are var files.

Chokaphi updated Vam To Daz 2 with a new update entry:

Update to version 2.2.0

This is a bug fix for VAM morph files that contain more vertices than what the stock Daz model contains. This could lead to Daz morphs that would crash Daz studio. The application will now discard any vertex ID greater than the stock model.

Rebuilt the tool with AIO packaging, this means the tool builds in all the required .net 6 files it needs to run. This makes the exe file much larger but means you no longer have to install the correct version of .net 6

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom