• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Vam to Blender to Vam

Guides Vam to Blender to Vam 1

Juno

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Juno submitted a new resource:

Vam to Blender to Vam - Guide to export your vam character models to Blender for sculpting then back to Vam as a morph

Hey All,

Here is a guide to allow you to export your Vam character model as an obj, import it into daz then import into blender where you can sculpt directly on your model to customise the look. Then export back out to daz where we make a morph of the changes to bring back to VAM.

Credits to MalMorality for his blender sculpting guide without which this guide would not exist. Much of the workflow is identical with a few tweaks to allow us to work with the Vam exported model rather than...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks a bunch, I am stoked you find it easy to follow. I really wanted it to be easy enough that someone that never used either daz or blender could give this a go.

Great guide! Helped me do some fine tuning on some of my characters morphs but I was wondering how the process is for the genital region since it doesnt seem to be the same. I only did some edits in the genital region in blender and put the completed morph in the right folder for vam but it doesnt work in-game so I just wanted to know what im missing.

Ah the dreaded genital morphs.... are a bit of mystery to me too sadly but il ask around as im sure someone must have some insight.

Thank you! I guess I could also ask anyone that has made a genital morph but now that I think about it im not sure if anyone did.

guide does not work for me. Trying with standart VAM model. For the test, I did not make any model changes in the blender and morph loader says Geometry did not match, failed to create morph. I followed the instructions exactly

Thanks for the update on this @Juno. I was able to get this to work successfully. I had two issues initially. One was a DAZ crash when saving for the first time, and that was fixed by reinstalling the PostGRE requirement. Next, was me not really knowing where my .duf was being stored. The path was long, but eventually I figured it out.

My question to you, Is there a way to make an entire body or WHOLE body morph? I edited the butt, face, boobs some, then when applying them to any model, I get a strange variation, essentially my tweaks in blender. If I add to the appearance from which I exported from VAM, of course I get what is expected. I could also use morph merger, but just curious if there is something I could do to know it out all in one? Thanks again.👏

Also one last note, you mentioned there was another workflow for more detailed sculpting in Blender. I'd love to know more about that.

I'm having issues with my morph that I'm wondering if there's something missing in the steps. I went step by step twice and every time I go into VAM and apply the morph to 100% it is very deformed. Am I only supposed to apply it by 10%?

My question to you, Is there a way to make an entire body or WHOLE body morph? I edited the butt, face, boobs some, then when applying them to any model, I get a strange variation, essentially my tweaks in blender. If I add to the appearance from which I exported from VAM, of course I get what is expected. I could also use morph merger, but just curious if there is something I could do to know it out all in one? Thanks again.👏

From what I've seen the end product morph uses whatever model you exported from vam as it's base and will only look normal of that specific 'look'.

What I want to try is basing morphs from the base female model with no morphs. I assume then morphs will be applied equally to all looks.

Thanks for the update on this @Juno. I was able to get this to work successfully. I had two issues initially. One was a DAZ crash when saving for the first time, and that was fixed by reinstalling the PostGRE requirement. Next, was me not really knowing where my .duf was being stored. The path was long, but eventually I figured it out.

Also one last note, you mentioned there was another workflow for more detailed sculpting in Blender. I'd love to know more about that.

Dang, sorry I havnt seen this sooner like months ago ffs....I believe that if you were to untick the selection only option when exporting from blender it should work but you may well need to apply that new morph to a default model exported from vam and loaded in daz.

I'm having issues with my morph that I'm wondering if there's something missing in the steps. I went step by step twice and every time I go into VAM and apply the morph to 100% it is very deformed. Am I only supposed to apply it by 10%?

The way I understand from a recent post by Meshed is that it is down to how vam translates the morphs to its modified daz model with grafts and the way the skinning system works means that morphs wont look exactly like they do in daz/blender. I often have to use far less than 100% to get close to what I wanted.

From what I've seen the end product morph uses whatever model you exported from vam as it's base and will only look normal of that specific 'look'.

What I want to try is basing morphs from the base female model with no morphs. I assume then morphs will be applied equally to all looks.

If you want to do it that way then I suggest you do it using the process documented by Malmorality which uses a figure exported from Daz as the base to sculpt on - https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-use-blender-to-sculpt.2302/ this guide is just a modification to that one to allow use of vam created models in place of the default figure.

I tried this guide to a T, and I get to the point where in DAZ I finally load the created Morph from Blender.

When I click Accept to load the Morph file in DAZ it says "Geometry does not match. Failed to create Morph."

Does this guide ONLY works when doing Sculpting specifically? Because I only made a quick test by Subdividing the model mesh and then Exporting it (nothing else). It suppose it counts as a "geometry change". But so would Sculpting, since we'd be changing vertices when doing that and therefor also doing geometry changes somehow.

Not sure why it's no working, but oh well, doesn't work for me.

I tried this guide to a T, and I get to the point where in DAZ I finally load the created Morph from Blender.

When I click Accept to load the Morph file in DAZ it says "Geometry does not match. Failed to create Morph."

Does this guide ONLY works when doing Sculpting specifically? Because I only made a quick test by Subdividing the model mesh and then Exporting it (nothing else). It suppose it counts as a "geometry change". But so would Sculpting, since we'd be changing vertices when doing that and therefor also doing geometry changes somehow.

Not sure why it's no working, but oh well, doesn't work for me.

Heya, the issue is that the geometry cannot be changed in any way when making changes in blender. Morphloader pro requires the obj being imported to match the model its being loaded onto exactly.

So you cant subdivide or use any sculpt tool in blender that changes the number of or the order of the verts on the model or it will fail to reimport to daz.

If your project requires thew subdivision//addition/subtraction of verts there is a way to do it via R3DS Wrap but its much much more advanced. I believe there is a guide on the hub for this that was added relatively recently.

Hope that helps clear up the issues

J

Heya, the issue is that the geometry cannot be changed in any way when making changes in blender. Morphloader pro requires the obj being imported to match the model its being loaded onto exactly.

So you cant subdivide or use any sculpt tool in blender that changes the number of or the order of the verts on the model or it will fail to reimport to daz.

If your project requires thew subdivision//addition/subtraction of verts there is a way to do it via R3DS Wrap but its much much more advanced. I believe there is a guide on the hub for this that was added relatively recently.

Hope that helps clear up the issues

J

Ah, thanks a lot for the info.

Yep that will actually help with my project (which does require Subdivision, but also some Sculpting too). I'll check around for the R3DS Wrap thing.

Thanks.

你好,我的朋友。我试图按照指南提供的说明进行操作,但不幸的是,它不起作用!你能告诉我我的错误是什么吗?谢谢!。下面是作的界面截图,帮我看看有没有问题。
01.png

Attachments

• 02.png
    02.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 03.png
    03.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.png
    04.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 05.png
    05.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 06.png
    06.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 07.png
    07.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 08.png
    08.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 09.png
    09.png
    553.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.png
    10.png
    559.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.png
    11.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.png
    12.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.png
    13.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 14.png
    14.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
When importing an exporting to blender use the wavefront (.obj)(legacy) option as im told theres issues with the non legacy option in latest blender.

If the mismatch still happens in daz then you have used a tool in blender that changed the models vert count/order.

Best to do a testrun first to make sure the model goes back to daz before spending time to sculpt

[引用=“朱诺,帖子:96310,成员:53”]
将导出导入搅拌机时,请使用波前(.obj)(旧版)选项,因为我告诉最新搅拌机中的非遗留选项存在问题。

如果在 daz 中仍然发生不匹配,那么您已经在 blender 中使用了更改模型顶点计数/顺序的工具。

最好先进行测试运行,以确保模型在花时间雕刻之前回到 daz。
[/引用]
谢谢你,我的朋友! 我会再试一次。

[引用=“朱诺,帖子:96310,成员:53”]
将导出导入搅拌机时,请使用波前(.obj)(旧版)选项,因为我告诉最新搅拌机中的非遗留选项存在问题。

如果在 daz 中仍然发生不匹配,那么您已经在 blender 中使用了更改模型顶点计数/顺序的工具。

最好先进行测试运行,以确保模型在花时间雕刻之前回到 daz。
[/引用]
谢谢你,我的朋友,问题已经消除了,这是我版本的Blender,应该简化到旧版本,整个过程非常顺利,教程很有效,非常感谢,希望继续写更多的指南,帮助我们新人更好地表达他们对角色的想法, 再次感谢!

This guide will work if I want to transfer a character from Honey Select 2? As I understand it, you can skip the first 10 points and immediately start working with .obj . Right?

That will not work just like that i'm sorry to say. When you bring a look into vam it goes in as a morph and a morph is just a set of instructions telling vam how to move the mesh of a very specific base model to look like the desired character. Therefore to bring anything into Vam that model must also be that very specific model. In this case it must match exactly with vert order preserved the base resolution genesis 2 model from Daz.

This is possible to do with some extra software called R3DS Wrap which allows you to shrink wrap one model with another. In your case you would wrap your HS2 model with the daz gen2 base and then send that to daz for rigging and saving as a morph.

Good news is there is a guide for doing this - https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/your-endallbeall-guide-to-wrapping.28886/ I have not tried this but everyone I know who has says it works great!

Hope that points you in the right direction!

J

Are there extra steps needed if making a penis morph? I assumed the only difference would be where to put the final files, but it seems this isn't the case. Because I've tried following this guide and everything seems to go fine, with the morph working as intended in DAZ, but just does nothing once ported into VAM.

Are there extra steps needed if making a penis morph? I assumed the only difference would be where to put the final files, but it seems this isn't the case. Because I've tried following this guide and everything seems to go fine, with the morph working as intended in DAZ, but just does nothing once ported into VAM.

Yeah so this method is the very quick and dirty way to sculpt and technically isn't using a Daz/VaM figure at all, we are just using an obj with the same topology as the daz model and making sure we don't change anything that would make it incompatible with VaM by the time we get the morphs back in. Honestly its a miracle this works at all and I really don't recommend anyone uses this for anything more then superficial changes as there's no way to rig the model correctly with larger changes and as you've discovered the genitals just plain don't work.

The genitals used by Daz and VaM are actually separate geografts and not actually part of the base Daz/VaM model at all which is why changes don't come back to VaM from Daz when using my method. Daz models are as anatomically lacking as a Ken doll so you need to use a 3rd party genital model to graft to the daz figure.

Meshed has licensed male and female genital geografts for VaM and you would need those exact gens installed in Daz to do any sculpting. These use separate genital morphs based on these models. The female model is 3dFleetwolfs New Gens for Victoria 6 version 1 (not ver 2) which looks like its actually no longer in the renderotica store at all so I've no idea of a legit source anymore. As for the male one I'm told its called Genesis 2 Male Anatomical Elements and is part of the Michael 6 pro bundle and seemingly not available elsewhere at all - https://www.daz3d.com/michael-6-pro-bundle

As for what to do once your setup in Daz its pretty simple -

Merge your model using one of the merge plugins to produce the genital morph you want to sculpt
Port this genital morph to daz using Chokaphis VaM to Daz software - https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/vam-to-daz-2.1080/
Open daz, load g2M, add the geograft and dial in the ported genital morph then export that to blender for sculpting

Hope that points you in the right direction!

Hi Juno, thanks for your guide. I tried following it but was met with a Geometry did not match error in Daz when using MorphLoader Pro.

To get the obvious out of the way, I didn't modify the mesh at all.

First problem is the import/export menus in Blender 4.2 have changed: There is no longer a Keep vert order or Poly Groups checkbox.

I tried various import and export options and all have failed.

My process went something like this:

1. VAM export obj.
2. DAZ import obj.
3. DAZ export obj.
4. Blender import obj.
5. Do absolutely nothing to the mesh.
6. Blender export obj.
7. Morph loader pro error: Geometry did not match

So, perhaps something has changed in Blender which no longer maintains vertex order? Or some import/export option I need to tick but is not renamed (but not obvious)?

Back
Top Bottom