• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Your EndAllBeAll guide to Wrapping!

Guides Your EndAllBeAll guide to Wrapping! 1

ilovebooties

Reactions
Hades submitted a new resource:

Your EndAllBeAll guide to Wrapping! - The easiest guide to Wrapping! I.E converting G3+ to G2!

Hello there!

This is my first guide but I'll make it the best guide out there for Wrapping!

Before we start you'll need to download one thing, I'll leave it to you where to install it, But install it in a easy to access/remember place so you could always return to it!

First, download and install R3DS Wrap, Download the 30day trial version.
Secondly, download my template, which contains the .wrap project we're gonna use and a...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to somehow 'extend' the template so that it could handle wrapping all the typical Genesis 2 skin textures at the same time?

I've figured out how to do the texture wrapping with 1 texture - but I don't know how that would work with multiple ones where the the UVs are like stacked on top of each other - that creates a messed up image then with all UVs mixed:
out.jpg

Is it possible to somehow 'extend' the template so that it could handle wrapping all the typical Genesis 2 skin textures at the same time?

I've figured out how to do the texture wrapping with 1 texture - but I don't know how that would work with multiple ones where the the UVs are like stacked on top of each other - that creates a messed up image then with all UVs mixed:
View attachment 302425
Unfortunately I do not know how WRAP textures with the software, so I can't give any tips on that regard.

No problem.
I'm pretty sure the only thing that I need to get this working is the DAZ G2F Base model with the UVs in a UDIM style format.
Basically were the face, torso, limbs, etc... have their own slot ... and then the texture wrapping should work.
For that tried to use a modified Blender script from Zoidbergs Guide here - but that has it's own challenges.
Will post it if I get it to work.

No problem.
I'm pretty sure the only thing that I need to get this working is the DAZ G2F Base model with the UVs in a UDIM style format.
Basically were the face, torso, limbs, etc... have their own slot ... and then the texture wrapping should work.
For that tried to use a modified Blender script from Zoidbergs Guide here - but that has it's own challenges.
Will post it if I get it to work.
There's already a guide on the hub that has a blender template to convert g8 to g2 and vice versa. I've been using it for textures and such, it's not perfect but it's great! Although wrapping textures in WRAP4D would be better.

A few hints to get a full G2F texture wrap in Faceform Wrap. This is how I did it. Doesn't mean it is the correct way.
  • Use a G2F mesh in with UDIM format (linked post attachment). A standard DAZ export with stacked UVs will not work. As always make sure to use a base resolution mesh in case you want to re-import it in DAZ to create morphs from it later.
  • Watch this Python Scripting in R3DS (FaceForm) to understand how to switch UVs (either by hand or automated by script).
  • You need to know how to move and scale the UVs in Blender precisely with keyboard shortcuts. I prepared my source model in Blender (the one that we will be wrapping around, not the G2F) to use only 1 UDIM tile and texture. In my case I had a model using 2 tiles and to work around that I took both textures and combined them - from 2 files in 4096x4096 to 1 file in 4096x8192. Wrap can only load 1 texture per geometry at a time. For a proper texture transfer the source model must be fully textured. I'm sure there is a less 'hackish' method for this that properly uses UDIM-tiles, but that I have not figured out yet.
  • Once all nodes are set up you wrap by using the 'SaveImage'-node and 'Compute Current Frame' to save a single texture or 'Compute Frame Range' if you semi-automated it by script. Obviously the wrap must be computed at that time. *doh*
  • You will wrap the texture by one G2F UDIM-tile at a time by increasing the 'U'-value in the 'Transfer Texture'-node. If you use my linked UDIM OBJs that would result in U=0 -> Face, U=1->Torso, U=2->Limbs. It's in the VAM typical order intentionally.
  • The 'ExtrapolateImage'-node is optional.
  • The 'SetTexture'-node is optional. It applies the wrapped texture to the final wrapped model to check how it looks. You can only check 1 texture at a time.
Wrap nodes_16c.png

3D tools like Blender and Wrap will display a 4096x8192 UV squeezed as square. It will seem as if this is bad, but it's actually not with the double texture width. There is no squeeze or distortion. Although with to many UDIM tiles packed into one texture there could be precision loss (floating point calculations).

Last edited:
Hi, first of all Thank you for taking the time to make these!
-Unfortunately, I am a complete NOOB and I have absolutely zero intuitive understanding of these types of software.
I am probably in way over my head here, but I would REALLY love to get Zixaphir's Raeza from Blender into VAM.
1708777168541.png

But when I follow this guide it reports some error ?
I've marked them on this picture...
1708776372328.png

I've tried to export both .obj files from blender (LEGACY and non-LEGACY) but same message..
Could someone explain to me what to I'm doing wrong?
I would appreciate it very much!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom