• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

How to use Blender to sculpt.

Guides How to use Blender to sculpt.

MalMorality

Featured Contributor
Reactions
MalMorality submitted a new resource:

How to use Blender to sculpt. - Simple 54 Step by step guide for newbies.

I had to host this outside the virtamate hub, because the post contained too many pictures.

It should be fairly easy to follow along with. 40 pictures in total.

Here is the guide, and I hope it helps everyone to create their dream girls.

I find it much easier to achieve a good looking bodyshape, using the sculpting tools that Blender has. And I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

Hit me up on the Virt-a-Mate discord if you have questions, or just ask...

Read more about this resource...

Nice Tutorial , just wondering, you didn't use the joint editor and adjust rigging to shape , if your extending the boob size you need to use the rigging to shape so the breast bones adjust to the boob size then to erc freeze the slider. its the same with doing heads, to adjust bones to the custom head eyes and mouth position .

No, I didn't. I wanted to make a simple guide for adjusting simple shapes. Adjusting bones would add too much at once. You can get away with tweaking the breasts a little bit without adjusting bones. I generally try not to change too much, so I wont have to change the rigging. Thanks.

you don't have to adjust bones its done automatically . if you was to create a person in blender with say shorter arms , then using adjust rigging to shape , daz automatically adjusts the bones to the new morph . its ok if you want to create a morph thats not linked to any bones , but as your creating breast morphs the breast bones have to be adjusted to your new morph .

Really? That's cool. Haven't run into any problems yet, but I'm sure you know what you're talking about. I'm still a newbie, but I learn fast, so thanks for the info. Maybe I'll make a guide on this later. :) I had SupaRioAmateur teach me all this btw. And he explained the rigging stuff for me, but I might have forgotten a thing or two. He talks fast. :)

am not sure if I'll be using this but I just wanted to applaud the easy to follow guide, these type of guides make things SO easy to follow!

Brilliant tutorial. The best explanation of anything ive found on this forum.
But at the end I wanted to cry. I didn't realise it was to just adjust shape in female morphs
I'm actually looking for a tutorial on using real faces . I know how to import a face onto DAZ but its getting it into VAM and using it i'm struggling with

Brilliant tutorial. The best explanation of anything ive found on this forum.
But at the end I wanted to cry. I didn't realise it was to just adjust shape in female morphs
I'm actually looking for a tutorial on using real faces . I know how to import a face onto DAZ but its getting it into VAM and using it i'm struggling with
Sounds like you'll want to get into Facegen in that case. @Juno has a nice guide on here, on how to get edecent results out of the software. Good luck. Feel free to message me on discord to. I'm generally more available there.

might want to use shape keys + apply modifiers otherwise you'll be reimporting every time

any guide how to convert genesis 8 model into genesis 2 model?

i tried this https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/import-genesis-8-character-to-vam-with-scale-100-in-daz.5776/

but didn"t work especially on uploading morph section..geometry doesn't match..failed

Best way to do that would be to use R3DS Wrap, and just wrap the Genesis 2 mesh around the Genesis 8. Unfortunately @OniEkohvius had a super helpful guide that was taken down for unknown reasons. You could try hitting him up?

I don't think this works for the newer blender, and none of the screenshots show what version of blender this is u.u

I don't think this works for the newer blender, and none of the screenshots show what version of blender this is u.u
the concept should work with any version of blender , newer versions have more sculpture tools.
what in blender are you having trouble with.?

the concept should work with any version of blender , newer versions have more sculpture tools.
what in blender are you having trouble with.?

the newest blender does not have the option on export to keep vert order >.> I use goZ to do near all my morphs, but the crease brush in blender really does a better job than the dam standard IMO >.>

this is from blender 2.90

Attachments

• blender2.9.png
    blender2.9.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 0
the newest one is 3.0 but I'll get 2.9 XD
You may not have to try a different blender version ,this is what i have found.
  • The importer in v3.1 has not changed at all, the "keep vertex order" option is still there in a tab under "Geometry" foldout.
  • The exporter in v3.1 effectively _always_ keeps the vertex order -- as if the option was always on
    and could be the same for blender 3.0

Last edited:
You may not have to try a different blender version ,this is what i have found.
  • The importer in v3.1 has not changed at all, the "keep vertex order" option is still there in a tab under "Geometry" foldout.
  • The exporter in v3.1 effectively _always_ keeps the vertex order -- as if the option was always on
    and could be the same for blender 3.0

yeah, just isn't showing up for me, sad, cause i love blender, but I always find myself going back to older versions like 2.65 or whatever the one is where you can actually use it on a 2 or 4k monitor cause it has the dpi setting.. I actually think it's a part in your tutorial you didn't write in there because the new daz basically defaults to the "high rez" setting, and i know in zbrush you have to sculpt on the lower rez or the morph basically doesn't work. I figure that's the problem. Not being a dick, just giving you a heads up if that's the case. Also if you actually wrote that in the tut and my ADHD ass didn't read it, just throw this reply in the trash :p EDIT! you did.....

yeah, just isn't showing up for me, sad, cause i love blender, but I always find myself going back to older versions like 2.65 or whatever the one is where you can actually use it on a 2 or 4k monitor cause it has the dpi setting.. I actually think it's a part in your tutorial you didn't write in there because the new daz basically defaults to the "high rez" setting, and i know in zbrush you have to sculpt on the lower rez or the morph basically doesn't work. I figure that's the problem. Not being a dick, just giving you a heads up if that's the case. Also if you actually wrote that in the tut and my ADHD ass didn't read it, just throw this reply in the trash :p EDIT! you did.....
Err i didn't do the Tut LoL ,think your meaning Malmorality .
the keep vertex order on export is now always on ,hence no keep vertex order option ,
give blender 3.0 or 3.1 another try if you don't get any errors with unity's morph loader pro then your all good

one note, is when using adjust to rig ,you only need to select bones that may be effected , e.g.
if doing just breasts that are in a different orientation to the original , then just have to select the pectoral bones
not all body parts need the adjust to rig unless, for e.g. changing height of character or finger lengths .

hi i'm new to VAM and don't know anything about Blender. After tinkering with your post one afternoon I wanted to ask if it is possible to copy the body form of the model I downloaded online into our main character? More specifically, I want to skip the sculpting step myself and instead copy them from another model I downloaded online. Is that possible because I've been searching all afternoon and can't find any tutorials on copying sculpting from one character to another. what i found is mostly copying from one character to 2 of the same, i don't think it will work with your tutorial. Thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom