How to use Blender to sculpt.

Guides How to use Blender to sculpt.

hi i'm new to VAM and don't know anything about Blender. After tinkering with your post one afternoon I wanted to ask if it is possible to copy the body form of the model I downloaded online into our main character? More specifically, I want to skip the sculpting step myself and instead copy them from another model I downloaded online. Is that possible because I've been searching all afternoon and can't find any tutorials on copying sculpting from one character to another. what i found is mostly copying from one character to 2 of the same, i don't think it will work with your tutorial. Thanks a lot
What you want is possible, but I'm not sure anyone made a tutorial on how to do it yet.

You'll want to learn how to merge a morph (Using "Morphmerger"), and then you'll want to get the VAM to DAZ application (Just search for it on the hub), and take the merged morph and export that out to DAZ. After that you should be able to search for the morph you just exported from the search field in DAZ. when you have the model in DAZ, you can exoprt it out to blender just the same way my tutorial shows you how to do, and follow the rest of the steps. I hope that makes sense.

I have a bit of a problem with this guide.

Well, not the guide itself but the thing is that it starts with having DAZ installed.

And the problem I'm running into is that I cannot seem to get DAZ to install in the first place. I've tried several times now. Every time it stops installing at 71% for some odd reason and it just... stops installing. No error windows, nothing is going on. I made sure it wasn't some GUI glitch and that the program indeed didn't actually fully install. It didn't, really. It really is stuck and the installation process of DAZ just does not go on fully. I tried to install on my main drive (away from the main root folder where Windows is installed) and I tried on a separate Non-Windows-Installation drive and it's the same thing.

So yeah, I mean this isn't related I guess to the guide per se but... yeah I can't try it out since DAZ itself doesn't even install.

Any known solutions for that problem?

Thanks.

I have a bit of a problem with this guide.

Well, not the guide itself but the thing is that it starts with having DAZ installed.

And the problem I'm running into is that I cannot seem to get DAZ to install in the first place. I've tried several times now. Every time it stops installing at 71% for some odd reason and it just... stops installing. No error windows, nothing is going on. I made sure it wasn't some GUI glitch and that the program indeed didn't actually fully install. It didn't, really. It really is stuck and the installation process of DAZ just does not go on fully. I tried to install on my main drive (away from the main root folder where Windows is installed) and I tried on a separate Non-Windows-Installation drive and it's the same thing.

So yeah, I mean this isn't related I guess to the guide per se but... yeah I can't try it out since DAZ itself doesn't even install.

Any known solutions for that problem?

Thanks.
How long did you give it to install ? ,
as daz has a shit load of files and can take 10 to 20 mins to install
even when a process bar hasn`t moved much it may still be processing larger files

there exists a bridge from DAZ to blender. There you can export and import morphs and expressions from DAZ to blender too. Don´t be confused, when there is a hint, that this bridge is only for G3 or G8. It works with G2 too.

That's a great tutorial. I've done it myself in the past with facegen and Blender. I also used kentools facebuilder then exported it to zbrush so I could use Zwrap and get a perfect look-alike face . After many attempts I have to say though, what I get inside VAM is never as good as what I see in Blender. I think for overall body tweaks and specific breast shapes it might be a good thing, but for faces the best approach at least for me seems to be playing around with the sliders, which also makes the whole deformation thing more predictable.

你好,我的朋友。 我试图按照指南提供的说明进行操作,但不幸的是,它不起作用! 你能告诉我我的错误是什么吗? 谢谢! . 下面是作的界面截图,帮我看看有没有问题。

01.png

Attachments

• 02.png
    02.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 03.png
    03.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 04.png
    04.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 05.png
    05.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 06.png
    06.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 07.png
    07.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 08.png
    08.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 09.png
    09.png
    553.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.png
    10.png
    559.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.png
    11.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.png
    12.png
    289.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.png
    13.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 14.png
    14.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the guide, but I'm having an issue.
The end result in VAM seems to be watered down from what I originally modeled. Here is a clear example of a test I did with only moving a single vertex.
Is there a way to correctly save the morph on the left?
Morphtest.jpg

Thanks for the guide, but I'm having an issue.
The end result in VAM seems to be watered down from what I originally modeled. Here is a clear example of a test I did with only moving a single vertex.
Is there a way to correctly save the morph on the left?
View attachment 218802
No, because VAM uses a smoothing option. so it smooths all vertices across the model. you can turn it off in performance settings, but soft body physics will look terrible as a consequence. I always have it turned to 1 as a compromise.

No, because VAM uses a smoothing option. so it smooths all vertices across the model. you can turn it off in performance settings, but soft body physics will look terrible as a consequence. I always have it turned to 1 as a compromise.
Thanks, It seems the 'Smooth passes' setting causes this.
I can create a similar effect in Blender with the 'Smooth' modifier to somewhat predict the results of my modeling;
Morphtest2.JPG

Indeed it seems the link is broken. It just returns a 404 regardless of which browser I try.
Mal would it be possible to host it elsewhere, or if someone has the guide locally, it would be great to have it re-upped.

Hi Mal
The guide link is broken. :(

Is there a back up somewhere?

Attachments

• 2023-07-15 23_54_35-Imgur_ The magic of the Internet — Mozilla Firefox Private Browsing.jpg
    2023-07-15 23_54_35-Imgur_ The magic of the Internet — Mozilla Firefox Private Browsing.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom