Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
ashauryn
AshAuryn submitted a new resource:

VAR Inspector - Find missing or rogue dependencies and where they are located in your scene

VAR INSPECTOR
CC-BY-NC-ND

What is it:
  • Var Inspector is a desktop application written in Python which will scan the save files and presets in your var and tell you where the dependencies are located
How does it...

Read more about this resource...

Reporting that a scan of my resource shows the package name of the Naturalis plugin as the version instead of the plugin name:

naturalis.png

Reporting that a scan of my resource shows the package name of the Naturalis plugin as the version instead of the plugin name:

View attachment 321690

Yeah. Because of Naturalis's version matching the regex that looks for name.name.version, it pops up as a false positive. I was willing to live with it for the first release. ;)

Good catch though! Thanks for the report.

It's definitely a minor thing, but wanted to share nonetheless.
Thanks for making this program, it will be very useful to tons of people and hopefully reduce dependency issues in Hub resources.

Yo!
Tried this out on a scene before I uploaded it. It showed 39 dependencies but when it was uploaded it said 73. I'm confused lol

Edit: Nvm for some reason it uploaded 2 files lmao

Is there a way to also show the Atom name in the Location? It is still difficult to to find the culprit if say it is one of 20 buttons or something.

Also note: The inspector only shows dependencies actually used, i.e. Tier 1 dependencies. Whereas, your "dependencies" on the Hub might include multiple tiers. This could still lead to you having a dependency you didn't intend, if it is Tier 2. Will address this in a future release.

Last night, as I was checking and cleaning scene in preparation for an update, I used this tool for the first time in practice. Its ability to enhance the quality inspection efficiency as a productivity tool is like catapulting a creator from the Stone Age into the Industrial Revolution era. In the past, in order to perform pre-packaging cleaning, I would very likely have to inspect the content of each file. Despite being experienced in this area, it often took me hours to pinpoint the source of a problem.

I must say, it should be an integrated feature within VAM, and every creator should have it at their disposal.

Is there a way to also show the Atom name in the Location? It is still difficult to to find the culprit if say it is one of 20 buttons or something.
Sometimes, directly opening the code with Notepad and searching through it seems more convenient than selecting it within the scene.:p

Back
Top Bottom