Reactions
sfishere submitted a new resource:

var browser - browse massive vars in game

this plugin made on BepInEx.
here is the steps:
1. install BepInEx first: https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx
i build this on BepInEx version 5.4.21.may be not compatible with old verison
2. put var_browser.dll in path "BepInEx\plugins"
3. create a directroy named "AllPackages" in vam directory and move all your vars to AllPackages directory.
if you use my old var browser version,you should delete all the symlinks.
4. just start game.

the first time,var browser will create cache...

Read more about this resource...

In BepInEx 5.1, only the var browser is waiting to start message is displayed on the screen.

Hello! Thanks for releasing the plugin, it is really a life saver. Quick question though, is there a particular reason that you moved away from creating symlinks to files in the AllPackages folder to just cutting and pasting var files back in the addon packages folder?

Hi, great updates, but could you explain what auto install does? also, you removed the tick box of installed, there is no way to remove just specific files? only all? I liked that feature.
This program is A MUST hAVE for folks with tons of VARs like me. you deserve all my appreciation :)

Hi, it is not working for me. I must do something wrong. the menu does not show in VR. I tried everything it is not working. it is fast, I must say, but a bit confusing. I moved all my var files to the Allpackges folder, but after every session, some var files are created in the addonpackeges folder. also, many morphs are not there anymore; surly I am doing something wrong. can anyone help plz?

sfishere updated var browser with a new update entry:

v0.8

1."remove invalid vars" keep relative path
2.config shortcut key in "\BepInEx\config\vam_var_browser.cfg"
3."auto install" vars will auto installed on game started
4.scan all the scripts in vars because some var's meta.json is not contain all the files.
you should delete the caches in "\Cache\AllPackagesJSON\" and scan again.
5.fix: sort button in file browser should click twice
6.session plugin would auto install

some othe minor modify...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello! Thanks for releasing the plugin, it is really a life saver. Quick question though, is there a particular reason that you moved away from creating symlinks to files in the AllPackages folder to just cutting and pasting var files back in the addon packages folder?
symlink require the vam run as admin.
it is not allowed by hub.
my previous version is deleted because of this.

Hi, great updates, but could you explain what auto install does? also, you removed the tick box of installed, there is no way to remove just specific files? only all? I liked that feature.
This program is A MUST hAVE for folks with tons of VARs like me. you deserve all my appreciation :)
"auto install" mean that the var will keep in game even you "uninstall all" and it will auto installed every time your game started.
uninstall specific var is wasting time. you'd better use "uninstall all" to keep only the "auto install" vars.

Hi, it is not working for me. I must do something wrong. the menu does not show in VR. I tried everything it is not working. it is fast, I must say, but a bit confusing. I moved all my var files to the Allpackges folder, but after every session, some var files are created in the addonpackeges folder. also, many morphs are not there anymore; surly I am doing something wrong. can anyone help plz?
sorry, VR will not show the menu. you can just use shortcut key to show the file browser. default key is "ctrl+shift+1" or "ctrl+shift+2".
you can change it in "\BepInEx\config\vam_var_browser.cfg"

sorry for the late feedback.
just because the website have no alert to inform me and i missed the message.

I've noticed that some morphs are not properly written in scene jsons so i've linked whole directory (hard link) to Addons folder. Also i wanted some plugins to be always available, so I did the same. After pressing "Uninstall all" vars are gone. Can you check it? My vars folder is on different hdd than VAM itself. I've restored morphs from backup.

I think it would be good to introduce extra "safe mode" where no delete or move operations are ever performed on source directory.

Last edited:
I've noticed that some morphs are not properly written in scene jsons so i've linked whole directory (hard link) to Addons folder. Also i wanted some plugins to be always available, so I did the same. After pressing "Uninstall all" vars are gone. Can you check it? My vars folder is on different hdd than VAM itself. I've restored morphs from backup.

I think it would be good to introduce extra "safe mode" where no delete or move operations are ever performed on source directory.
toggle "auto install" to keep vars in addon folder.
var browser will never delete your file.

Var browser is a life saver. Thank you. Amazing work. Just a few suggestions from me:
1 A VR interface
2 Add the option to Install all (for a single category like clothing or hair) or bulk install vars like clothes or hair. This would be great for when you want to edit or change scenes.

Var browser is a life saver. Thank you. Amazing work. Just a few suggestions from me:
1 A VR interface
2 Add the option to Install all (for a single category like clothing or hair) or bulk install vars like clothes or hair. This would be great for when you want to edit or change scenes.
1. you can install the session plugin "VarBrowserSessionPlugin.cs",it can been seen in vr mode.
2.it may be too much. you can browse from the plugin's filebrowser and then click it to install the vars.

Would it be possible to add tag filter for clothing? I think the missing vars reported by me before were just moved to AllPackages folder during start. As always - great work.

Would it be possible to add tag filter for clothing? I think the missing vars reported by me before were just moved to AllPackages folder during start. As always - great work.
yes,next update will be the clothing tag filter.
the vars will be moved to AllPackages folder only if you click "uninstall all" button.

Love the latest update. Looks working now is amazing. The only problem I found is that the search in the file browser stopped working.

Love the latest update. Looks working now is amazing. The only problem I found is that the search in the file browser stopped working.
it works on my game.you can send me the log to me.
log path: %appdata%\..\locallow\MeshedVR\VaM

The problem seem to be occurring only for Misc>All and Custom searches. I sent the log file. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom