var browser

Other var browser

11351 vars here and there are some still outside of AllPackages :)
The best thing is that custom scene loads everything and looks like it should be.

I've got few suggestions - new post so sfishere will get notification...

• optimization - loading thumbnails is slow on subsequent pages - I suspect that thumbnails are loaded linearly from the beginning. Maybe it could be implemented like in windows explorer, where visible part is always loaded first and moving slider aborts current load and loads next visible part
  • usage:
    • load scene in background - like for clothing - I would like to have a button under the "options" to load a scene in background with all dependencies, so I could do a merge load into existing scene (ie. I want to load scene with some environment)
    • presets and looks - now preset is loaded in background with all dependencies, but one have to choose this preset and load into a scene. Suggestion:
      • if a person's control is active in a scene (or any controls that belongs to person like hand), it would be nice to apply the preset immediately to that person (don't know how to deal with many looks in file - maybe just load in background like currently)
      • it would be nice to have another option for load - "load and fit" into scene, which means no change of clothes and no change of size (like appearance loader can do), so loaded scene won't be broken
    • favourite - I'm not sure what happens when something is favourite and new version appears - do "favourite" sticks to a version?
    • question - I'm not sure what "Ensure install" do because I just click custom scene and everything is loaded (and that's ok for me)

So the context menu could be like:
  • Favourite
  • Auto install
  • Load in background (hidden for items always loaded that way - like clothes, presets, hair)
  • Load and fit (for preset, look - if a person's control is active)
Sorry for long list :)

arg... I read "github" and I'm depressed... so I downloaded "BepInEx_x64_5.4.21.0" and extracted it. How to install? Just .dll and .xml in it.
I failed already at the 2nd step...

I've got few suggestions - new post so sfishere will get notification...
thanks very much.your suggest is very impressive.
i have did the optimization. it will be fast to open file browser and thumbnails will be fast to show.

load scene in background: i will do it! it is "ensure install" button did.

presets and looks: i will think about it. it seems not easy.

favourite: the file path is Custom/PluginData/sfishere/Favorites.txt,i did not thought this problem, i think i should handle the verison.
question: it will install dependencies but not open scene.it is old design.
the name of " Load in background " is better.

recently i am handling another plugin "mmd2timeline",so the update of var browser will be postponed.

arg... I read "github" and I'm depressed... so I downloaded "BepInEx_x64_5.4.21.0" and extracted it. How to install? Just .dll and .xml in it.
I failed already at the 2nd step...
put var_browser.dll in path "BepInEx\plugins"

You should (all in VAM's game directory):
  • download BepInEx from https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx/releases/download/v5.4.21/BepInEx_x64_5.4.21.0.zip
  • extract BepInEx_x64_5.4.21.0.zip inside VAM directory so there's BepInEx directory and it contains core subdirectory (see structure below)
  • create subdirectory plugins inside BepInEx if not exists, so there are core and plugins subdirectories
  • put var_browser.ddl into BepInEx\plugins
  • create AllPackages directory in VAM directory
  • put all your vars there (there can be subdirectories)

So structure looks like:
  • VAM directory
    • BepInEx
      • core
      • plugins
        • var_browser.dll
    • AllPackages
      • all your var files here
    • VaM.exe etc...
@sfishere
Thanks from advance!

Last edited:
That's why I hate Github: No clear info what file to download... so I d/l "source code.zip" file, extracted it to VAM and still no plugins.
abvload.png

Thanks, but... I got this file also already. It's full of .ddl and .xml, no installation.exe or .msi, no folder structure like \plugins, just \core and it's full of libraries. Or is it the right file and I just create the dir "plugins" to put the vam.dll in it? But... installation means to me something else than just extraction of a zip. And it violates bullet 2 and 3

2. download var_browser.dll in link "https://github.com/sFisherE/vam_plugin_release/tree/main/var browser"
3. create a directroy named "AllPackages" in vam directory and move all your vars to AllPackages directory. "

"put dll into directory" means there is already one directory in contrary to
"create a directory" means there wasn't one.
Don't want to be picky, just want to explain why I don't understand this at all.

I agree with you ...this github shit is so annoying. No clear information and when you click something, new menus open all the time
Right, it's the right platform for programmers I think, open source and you know what you get. But the casual user like us is t-o-t-a-l-l-y lost there.

Last edited:
"put dll into directory" means there is already one directory in contrary to
"create a directory" means there wasn't one.
kretos have explained the folder structure.you should read that answer.
if there is no directory,you just create one.

i am not native english speaker. sorry for my inaccurate explain.

kretos have explained the folder structure.you should read that answer.
if there is no directory,you just create one.
No, my friend, he hasn't.
He wrote
2. download var_browser.dll in link "https://github.com/sFisherE/vam_plugin_release/tree/main/var browser"
3. create a directroy named "AllPackages" in vam directory and move all your vars to AllPackages directory.
"put it into" versus "create a directory" after he wrote "install" and in fact it's no installation but a simple unzip. When I read "install" it's usually look for an .exe or .msi somewhere and when I see just .dll and .xml I just wonder! If there is not that directory I feared that there are lots of others missing.
This is by no means a critisism. Just to show that's not that easy to get along with a ... somewhat misinterpretable manual.

No english native speaker here, too.

Actually i've wrote extract not install. But you're right - I think most directories are created after BepInEx (VAM) run. I've edited my post.

sfishere updated var browser with a new update entry:

v0.11

1.add "install in background" button,this is suggested by kretos for merge load.
2.auto remove empty folder to keep folder clean
3.accelerate the init process
4.add clothing tag filter,hair tag filter. must delete the cache folder: Cache\AllPackagesJSON
5.optimize the browser's open speed and thumbnails loading speed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for awesome plugin. I had different profiles of Vam installed for creating and consuming since more vars = more ram usage. Your plugin solves this issue elegantly.

A suggestion, would it be possible to add an option for your plugin to read the actual json/vap files for dependencies instead of the meta.json file in the vars? Too many vars are packaged wrong and have extra dependencies that are not needed and end up creating bloat in our vam installs. I use this program https://github.com/Kruk2/VamToolbox the remove the dependencies reference in the meta.json which makes your plugin not find all the dependencies and I have to manually add them. Or if you are a looking for a challenge make your plugin repair the meta.json file by scanning the json files and removing/adding actual dependencies in the vars.

Thank you for your sharing your genius!

A suggestion, would it be possible to add an option for your plugin to read the actual json/vap files for dependencies instead of the meta.json file in the vars? Too many vars are packaged wrong and have extra dependencies that are not needed and end up creating bloat in our vam installs. I use this program https://github.com/Kruk2/VamToolbox the remove the dependencies reference in the meta.json which makes your plugin not find all the dependencies and I have to manually add them. Or if you are a looking for a challenge make your plugin repair the meta.json file by scanning the json files and removing/adding actual dependencies in the vars.
actually var browser have scaned the json/vap files when you clicked through browser.
i don't known when you missing the dependencies.
meta.json is in the var package, my plugins will never change user's file for security consideration.

When I'm starting VAM with an empty AddonPackages folder I still get a hugh error list of missing dependencies. When I clear the error list and then transfer a single scene var to the AddonPackages folder I get the full error list again when I open the scene. And the missing dependencies list includes var files which are available in the AllPackages folder.

When I'm starting VAM with an empty AddonPackages folder I still get a hugh error list of missing dependencies. When I clear the error list and then transfer a single scene var to the AddonPackages folder I get the full error list again when I open the scene. And the missing dependencies list includes var files which are available in the AllPackages folder.
var browser refresh when file changed

Encounter a small bug - hard reset in VAM makes the var browser window "empty". I'm not sure if it's worth checking as I don't use that anymore, but i've encounter some strange scene behaviour and thought it might help.

Back
Top Bottom