var browser

Other var browser

Maybe a usage or install problem. the "dragable area" box is always empty and it appears all scenes must load from hub, I would expect to see something that indicates that the scene is local, but I haven't yet. Suggestions welcome, thanks.
ensure you using the latest version. and send me the log file

Do I need to install VARs to get it load properly? or it is fine loading from the browser?

When I try to load previous saved custom look, some sturff like Hair does not load with the saved look. Do I have to install all the Hair / clothing stuff "in background" or as "Auto Install"? More so is there a way that I can just load everything in background?

When I try to load previous saved custom look, some sturff like Hair does not load with the saved look. Do I have to install all the Hair / clothing stuff "in background" or as "Auto Install"? More so is there a way that I can just load everything in background?
i am not sure what problem is this.may be some vars is not right.
may be var browser have bug.
leave a log file here.

i was careful to delete the library then replace, I also dumped the binary so you can see the version of the dll

Attachments

• otherBrowser12.0.jpg
    otherBrowser12.0.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 0
My vam browser simply stopped working out of the blue. it won't count how many vars I have and the scene buttons won't work.

As someone posted in the reviews:

"It would be really usefull to have an option to "show only not installed"/"hide all installed" packages. This helps when you have a lot of new/uninstalled packages and want to test them one by one, so you don't have to scroll through all packages, including the ones already installed. With that you can use var_browser for all new vars and for example BrowserAssist from JayJayWon for all known vars, with tagging and so on."

I fully agree with this and felt the need to BUMP it.

Currently I have 9000 vars, installing a NEW var from the hub, will NOT put it at the top of the scene list. No, instead I have to manually search for the keywords due to it being burried under all of the installed/favorite scenes.

Simply being able to only view "non installed" vars, or "vars downloaded in the last 24 hours", similar to how we can currently click the checkbox for "show installed/show favorites", would revolutionize your excellent tool!

As someone posted in the reviews:

"It would be really usefull to have an option to "show only not installed"/"hide all installed" packages. This helps when you have a lot of new/uninstalled packages and want to test them one by one, so you don't have to scroll through all packages, including the ones already installed. With that you can use var_browser for all new vars and for example BrowserAssist from JayJayWon for all known vars, with tagging and so on."

I fully agree with this and felt the need to BUMP it.

Currently I have 9000 vars, installing a NEW var from the hub, will NOT put it at the top of the scene list. No, instead I have to manually search for the keywords due to it being burried under all of the installed/favorite scenes.

Simply being able to only view "non installed" vars, or "vars downloaded in the last 24 hours", similar to how we can currently click the checkbox for "show installed/show favorites", would revolutionize your excellent tool!
my advice is keep the minimal amount vars installed to speed up. so the option "show only not installed"/"hide all installed" seem not needed.
there is an "sort by" option(New To Old Package) to view the newest downloaded vars.

my advice is keep the minimal amount vars installed to speed up. so the option "show only not installed"/"hide all installed" seem not needed.
there is an "sort by" option(New To Old Package) to view the newest downloaded vars.
The "sort by" option does not work as you describe it does.

If for example I were to download some random scene right now from the hub, it's "date" would be the date it was uploaded onto the hub, NOT the download date (today).

So if I download a scene that was posted on the HUB, a year ago, I have to first go trough several pages of other vars that are less then a year old..

The issue comes from, when a var is downloaded from the HUB, your scene browser does not see (Or even rewrite it's file creation date) it as a "newly downloaded file" But it only sees the original scene creation date, which can be months or years old.

I assume the intention is that it sorts files from new to old, by date it was added/detected by the scene browser.
But what it does in reality seemingly is that it only looks at the actual .var file modification date (The last time the .var was edited, which ussually is the date at which it was uploaded to the HUB as far as I know).

I could technically grab any random .Var that's currently at the END of the list if I were to "sort by" New to Old, and make a slight adjustment to the .var file, to then make it appear at the very top of the list.

^This is the behaviour I wish I could get automaticly when I download something from the HUB, that's all.

Last edited:
first of all,i would thank you for your detailed description of this problem.
rarely people on internet can't transfer information so clearly.

check the new version: https://github.com/sFisherE/vam_plugin_release/tree/main/var browser/v0.13
use the sort by "New To Old".
I change the logic of this sort type,it will use the var package's create time.
I have tried it and so far it works excellent!
Thank you for taking the time to adres the issue, have a great day.

Good to see any progress :)
Maybe it's just impression but v13 seems to be faster on load.

PS. You could change default Hide key to F1 - that works and hides VAM's UI together with var browser's

Last edited:
Good to see any progress :)
Maybe it's just impression but v13 seems to be faster on load.

PS. You could change default Hide key to F1 - that works and hides VAM's UI together with var browser's
Hub have "Team" mechanism now and i want more people to join this project.
v13 is just some little adjust. not change the load speed.
(y)you suggestion is always correct and i will adapt it.

PS.clean the cache folder,the assetbundel's preview info would update

Well I found this suggestion not correct after change. Sometimes you want the main gui to stay visible but hide var browser because there are other plugins that sometime overlap with vb and hiding all hides those plugins also.
But maybe it would be nice to have all of them hidden with single key.

Well I found this suggestion not correct after change. Sometimes you want the main gui to stay visible but hide var browser because there are other plugins that sometime overlap with vb and hiding all hides those plugins also.
But maybe it would be nice to have all of them hidden with single key.
ok. in fact,the key can change by vam_var_browser.cfg.

Back
Top Bottom