var browser

Other var browser

Encounter a small bug - hard reset in VAM makes the var browser window "empty". I'm not sure if it's worth checking as I don't use that anymore, but i've encounter some strange scene behaviour and thought it might help.
post the log file to me when you encounter bug, log path: %appdata%\..\locallow\MeshedVR\VaM

This is how it looks after:
1676923539734.png

I've cut out lots of repeats and some errors on scan. Attachment is zip file. Check << comment >> (search by << or >>)

One more thing:
i'm using simlinks in AllDirectory (I don't like the idea to keep everything in game folder) - link that is broken (without target) breaks processing and var_browser is not loaded. But that's just my personal solution - ignore if you wish :)

Attachments

• output_log.change_extension_to_zip.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks, I advertise your plugin in each thread about slow load :)
thank you very much.
i remember you are the very first user of my work and i think you have probably saved this plugin when i was developing the var browser's initial form:vamm.

After the 1.22 update var browser no longer recognizes vac files placed inside the saves/scenes folder.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm not sure if it's var browser fault or VAM bug... Because vac is already inside VAM structures and var browser has nothing to do here?

Few more suggestions:
  • when "Creator" filter is applied and then cleared using X button, the list could automatically change position to All - so all packages are displayed but user can enter new filter value immediately
  • when "Search" filter is applied, it is cleared after return from scene to var browser's scene view and browsing position is lost
  • maybe there could be "Plugins" preset in "Misc" section (I believe it was before?). It's a little hard to find plugins in "All" list

This is how it looks after:
View attachment 214293

I've cut out lots of repeats and some errors on scan. Attachment is zip file. Check << comment >> (search by << or >>)

One more thing:
i'm using simlinks in AllDirectory (I don't like the idea to keep everything in game folder) - link that is broken (without target) breaks processing and var_browser is not loaded. But that's just my personal solution - ignore if you wish :)
I personnally use hardlinks instead of symlinks, you can move them around in the same drive without breakage. :)

var browser have opensourced.
i have no time to continue support it.
I thank you for the time you've already spent and sank into this endeavor. It has obviously helped a bunch of us 'hoarders'. I won't lie though and act as if this news didn't hit me negatively since I don't rightly foresee anyone really taking up the mantle.....nonetheless I wish you all the best, sfishere.

Looks like var browser and vamX don't work together.

Whenever I try to open a pose when var browser is installed I get this error saying it could not load the vap file for the pose I'm trying to load.

!> Exception caught: System.Exception: Path vamX.1.28:/Custom/Atom/Person/Pose/Preset_Sitting/Preset_M_Sit.vap not found
at vam_hook.FileManager.OpenStreamReader (string,bool) <0x000eb>
at vam_hook.AtomHook.PreLoadPresetPre (MeshVR.PresetManager,bool) <0x00428>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) MeshVR.PresetManager.DMD<MeshVR.PresetManager..LoadPresetPre> (MeshVR.PresetManager,bool) <0x0004f>
at MeshVR.PresetManagerControl.LoadPreset () <0x00058>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) MeshVR.PresetManagerControl.DMD<MeshVR.PresetManagerControl..SyncPresetBrowsePath> (MeshVR.PresetManagerControl,string) <0x001d3>
at JSONStorableString.InternalSetVal (string,bool) <0x00178>
at JSONStorableString.set_val (string) <0x0002a>
at JSONStorableUrl.set_val (string) <0x000df>
at vamX.com.LoadPreset (string,Atom,string,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x007d2>

This is the best plugin available for VAM. If you make a patreon I bet many people will support its development. I know I will.

Looks like var browser and vamX don't work together.

Whenever I try to open a pose when var browser is installed I get this error saying it could not load the vap file for the pose I'm trying to load.

!> Exception caught: System.Exception: Path vamX.1.28:/Custom/Atom/Person/Pose/Preset_Sitting/Preset_M_Sit.vap not found
at vam_hook.FileManager.OpenStreamReader (string,bool) <0x000eb>
at vam_hook.AtomHook.PreLoadPresetPre (MeshVR.PresetManager,bool) <0x00428>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) MeshVR.PresetManager.DMD<MeshVR.PresetManager..LoadPresetPre> (MeshVR.PresetManager,bool) <0x0004f>
at MeshVR.PresetManagerControl.LoadPreset () <0x00058>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) MeshVR.PresetManagerControl.DMD<MeshVR.PresetManagerControl..SyncPresetBrowsePath> (MeshVR.PresetManagerControl,string) <0x001d3>
at JSONStorableString.InternalSetVal (string,bool) <0x00178>
at JSONStorableString.set_val (string) <0x0002a>
at JSONStorableUrl.set_val (string) <0x000df>
at vamX.com.LoadPreset (string,Atom,string,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x007d2>
Just put the vamx & vamx BASE1&2 files into the addonpackages file and set them "favorite" and "AUTO INSTALLED" , It will work.

Just put the vamx & vamx BASE1&2 files into the addonpackages file and set them "favorite" and "AUTO INSTALLED" , It will work.

How do I set the vamx Base vars as favorites and autoinstall? they don't appear in the var browser window, just the vamx 1.xxx.

it seems that the 0.12 update is failing somewhere, not all my seesion plugins autoloaded and when using the plugin presetloader to load a random appaearence preseet, it doesn't move the vars to load the preset as it did in v 0.11. laoding the appearence preset normally works.

it seems that the 0.12 update is failing somewhere, not all my seesion plugins autoloaded and when using the plugin presetloader to load a random appaearence preseet, it doesn't move the vars to load the preset as it did in v 0.11. laoding the appearence preset normally works.
check the new upload on github and please feedback the result.

when i add var browser to session plugin it gives var browser not ready error

Maybe a usage or install problem. the "dragable area" box is always empty and it appears all scenes must load from hub, I would expect to see something that indicates that the scene is local, but I haven't yet. Suggestions welcome, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom