VAR Manager

Other VAR Manager

That doesn't make any sense. This project is targeting .NET 7.0
Where did you see this? I'm looking through the code and everything is pointing to .NET 7.0
1698427416166.png

And after installing it. It worked.

Edit: I used the source in the .zip from the release.
Just a idea: It could be the check at the start that checks if version 5 is installed, but the build target is 7.

Edit2: Just did a grep on the source and opend dotpeek all say it's .net 5:
Code:
$ grep 'net5.0' -R *
VAMvarmanager-1.0.25/VAMvarmanager/VAMvarmanager - Backup.csproj:    <TargetFramework>net5.0-windows</TargetFramework>
VAMvarmanager-1.0.25/VAMvarmanager/VAMvarmanager.csproj:    <TargetFramework>net5.0-windows</TargetFramework>

JSON:
{
  "runtimeTarget": {
    "name": ".NETCoreApp,Version=v5.0/win-x64",
    "signature": ""
  },
  "compilationOptions": {},
  "targets": {
    ".NETCoreApp,Version=v5.0": {},
    ".NETCoreApp,Version=v5.0/win-x64": {
      "VAMvarmanager/1.0.25": {
        "runtime": {
          "VAMvarmanager.dll": {}
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "libraries": {
      "type": "project",
      "serviceable": false,
      "sha512": ""
    }
  }
}

JSON:
{
  "runtimeOptions": {
    "tfm": "net5.0",
    "framework": {
      "name": "Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App",
      "version": "5.0.0"
    },
    "configProperties": {
      "System.Reflection.Metadata.MetadataUpdater.IsSupported": false
    }
  }
}

Last edited:
View attachment 300576

Just a idea: It could be the check at the start that checks if version 5 is installed, but the build target is 7.

Code:
$ grep 'net5.0' -R *
VAMvarmanager-1.0.25/VAMvarmanager/VAMvarmanager - Backup.csproj:    <TargetFramework>net5.0-windows</TargetFramework>
VAMvarmanager-1.0.25/VAMvarmanager/VAMvarmanager.csproj:    <TargetFramework>net5.0-windows</TargetFramework>

JSON:
{
  },
        }
      }
    }
  },
    }
  }
}

JSON:
{
    },
    }
  }
}

This code is old (version 25) latest is 37
I didn't do a full release on github for each version, let me do that.

View attachment 300576

Code:
$ grep 'net5.0' -R *

JSON:
{
  },
        }
      }
    }
  },
    }
  }
}

JSON:
{
    },
    }
  }
}

See latest release:

I create folders with new audio every so often to be used in new scenes. Over time many of the added files (music, effects, atmospheric) were not used in any scene creating a huge mess of unused files. Opening every scene to determine what audio file(s) is used then annotating the finding is an option but would be a very tedious task. Can this be used to locate unused audio (mp3, ogg, wav) files?

I create folders with new audio every so often to be used in new scenes. Over time many of the added files (music, effects, atmospheric) were not used in any scene creating a huge mess of unused files. Opening every scene to determine what audio file(s) is used then annotating the finding is an option but would be a very tedious task. Can this be used to locate unused audio (mp3, ogg, wav) files?

Nope, sorry for that! Not in the scope of VAR Manager.

This tool is absolutely amazing. It helps a lot with managing large .var collections. Thanks for making it!

Hey @bill_prime how does the Morph Preset Maker work? If I create a preset, what does it do?

Thank you very much for this EPIC tool!

EDIT: in testing some of my session and other used plugins were removed and not sure how to fix

Last edited:
@bill_prime , love your tool, been using it for years - thank you

Recently i had some file corruption and out of my ~15k vars about 1,000 were bad. Var Manager currently has the popup to identify "bad" or "corrupt" vars, would it be possible to add an option to MOVE those to a folder or recycling bin? I think this could be helpful in identifying what vars need to be deleted or re-downloaded in the event of damage or file corruption.

Thanks again for this great tool

Hey @bill_prime how does the Morph Preset Maker work? If I create a preset, what does it do?

Thank you very much for this EPIC tool!

EDIT: in testing some of my session and other used plugins were removed and not sure how to fix
Morph Preset Maker
  • Quickly create and save Morph Presets from one or more selected vars
  • Lists all vars with morphs and shows the number of morphs in each var
  • Filter to show only vars with default preload morphs on the package
  • Filter to sort vars by number of morphs
Basically, it will create a morph preset containing ALL of the morphs in the selected var(s).
You can set the default value for the morphs that will be saved in the Morph Preset, and can also save the Morph Preset as an Overlay preset.

This tool is VERY handy if you disable pre-load morphs on your vars, but still want to use those morphs sometimes. For example AshAuyrn's various expression .vars.

@bill_prime , love your tool, been using it for years - thank you

Recently i had some file corruption and out of my ~15k vars about 1,000 were bad. Var Manager currently has the popup to identify "bad" or "corrupt" vars, would it be possible to add an option to MOVE those to a folder or recycling bin? I think this could be helpful in identifying what vars need to be deleted or re-downloaded in the event of damage or file corruption.

Thanks again for this great tool

This is a good idea, I can create a new folder in the VAM directory called _brokenvars and ask the user if they would like to move the files there.
I'm not sure when I'll have time to add that, but it sounds like it might be worth doing.

This is a good idea, I can create a new folder in the VAM directory called _brokenvars and ask the user if they would like to move the files there.
I'm not sure when I'll have time to add that, but it sounds like it might be worth doing.
No rush, wouldn't have even thought of it if it hadn't happened to me. I have a 20tb raid 5 and had an ungraceful shutdown, but caching is TURNED OFF so it's odd that it even happened

Back
Top Bottom