Snapshot Manager

Plugins Snapshot Manager

McKlinton

Reactions
McKlinton submitted a new resource:

Snapshot Manager - Easily capture and restore snapshots of persons and camera angles

Snapshot manager is simple plugin that helps you to find and save the best poses and camera angles for Person Atoms in your scenes. You can easily revisit any saved pose and camera view.

How to use:

1. Add Person(s) to your scene.
2. Pose the Person and adjust the camera angle.
3. Click "Snapshot" to save the pose and camera view.
4. The saved pose and view will appear on the list.
5. Adjust poses and camera angles as desired, and save new snapshots as needed.
6. Click...

Read more about this resource...

This is a brilliant plugin, and one I will use a lot! Thank you for sharing!

Today I use the AcidBubbles VAM Timeline to create snaps of poses that I want to display, and I also have lights organized in a rig so I can move and change light between the different poses. But this plugin you made is MUCH faster to work with.

Suggestion for your next update:

1) Folders to organize the poses (and ability to name the folders and organize them in my desired order).
2) A quick keyboard button to take snapshot. Prefepably an option where I can choose one myself.
3) Add other atoms in the scene so I can save these positions as well (like my light rig).
4) A quick keyboard button to show or hide the menu.

1710492310693.png
1710492330813.png
1710492975312.png

Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you find this plugin useful.

Those are really good suggestions. I was also thinking about adding lights and also clothing to snapshots but wanted narrow down features so I'm was to publish this.
But definitely will try to implement those new features at some point. I think all you suggested are possible to do, it just requires some work.

Heya! Great plugin so far and I'm excited to see where it goes as its got the potential to be full on essential! Thanks so much!

It would be super if we could save snapshots locally to load into an entirely different scene like an appearance preset, add the window camera, light rigs, clothes and hot keys as suggested by Tyrien, love those ideas!! Finally expose the preset load as a trigger for other plugins to call to make it fully amazing🤌

I'm finding some weird behaviour when loading a scene with saved snapshots.

As saved

After Scene is loaded

Last edited:
Heya! Great plugin so far and I'm excited to see where it goes as its got the potential to be full on essential! Thanks so much!

It would be super if we could save snapshots locally to load into an entirely different scene like an appearance preset, add the window camera, light rigs, clothes and hot keys as suggested by Tyrien, love those ideas!! Finally expose the preset load as a trigger for other plugins to call to make it fully amazing🤌

I'm finding some weird behaviour when loading a scene with saved snapshots.
Thanks a lot for supportive feedback, really appreciated! 🙏Great ideas, I will put those on my list for sure!

But that video clearly shows some issues when reloading saved snapshots... I though I had tested that pretty good..😤
Are you able to reproduce the issue with another scene? Is it just creating about those 7 snapshots, then saving the scene and reopen to get that situation happening?

Hey, is it possible that your scene has two instances of the plugin enabled? That way I'm able to reproduce the issue pretty easily because it will make another canvas on top of the previous canvas.
Well, at least I need to implement some check that it shouldn't allow more than one plugin enabled at once..

your plugin is awesome, it would be great to invoke snapshots through a trigger or button, it would be useful for creating stories without it Timeline.

your plugin is awesome, it would be great to invoke snapshots through a trigger or button, it would be useful for creating stories without it Timeline.
Thanks! That would indeed be a good feature. If that's is something easy to do, I'll try to make it in next release.

Very handy plugin! It would be awesome if the UI scale can be adjusted(right now the UI is a bit small in 4K resolution). Also a toggle to active/disable the UI would be great, so I can remove UI when taking screenshots.

Very handy plugin! It would be awesome if the UI scale can be adjusted(right now the UI is a bit small in 4K resolution). Also a toggle to active/disable the UI would be great, so I can remove UI when taking screenshots.
Thank you! I'll check scaling also to the next version. Should be fairly simple to do.
Did you noticed that toggling UI on/off, you can use a shortcut key. It can be configured on the plugin UI:
UI_toggle_shortcut.png

hello and thank you very much for this. it is something thats very helpful and needed.

i have downloaded the V4 package but for some reason adding shortcuts through keybindongs plugin nor calling via triggers are available is available to me. i also can't see the UI scale slider in the plugin menu. are you sure that the latest uploaded version is correct?

my vam version is 1.22.0.3 could it be that it is outdated?

thanks again and i appreciate any help.

EDIT: nvm, removing the plugin and re adding it fixes the problem. works now and the mentioned above are visible now :)

Grat plugin @McKlinton! Are the snapshots able to be saved and loaded into a new different scene? If so, how is this done? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom