var browser

Other var browser

I have another small issue to report, bear with me heh.

If I open the "Hub Browse" through your extension, and then specifically in the filter section on the left side.
If I type letter(s) into the "TAGS" box, it will not filter any of the tags out like it does in the "official" hub browser.

This means that if I want to search for any TAG trough your Hub Browser, I am forced to manually scroll trough the entire list of tags to search the one I want, instead of being able to quickly type/filter out the specific tag I need.

^ This issue tho, was not present (I think) for me when I first started using your extension, it started to happen about ~ a week after I started using it, and now the issue has remained for the past month or so. Which leads me to believe I perhaps might have a corrupted config file or something somewhere?

^^Furthermore, using the "official" hub browser, the tags box works fine. This is how I've been getting around the issue. I use the "official" hub browsers tag system to find any package i'm interested in, and then through your hub browser I use the regular search box to then find said package again to instal it.

This ofcourse is extremely redundant, wastes time, and shouldn't be a thing.

EDIT*
Another issue I forgot about which started to appear in your most recent version (Or it is because the vam hub was updated recently as well), is that in your hub browser, filtering by "pay type" is also broken. For me it will ALWAYS only show the free stuff. Clicking "All" or "Paid" will only show the free stuff.

Would love to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
I have another small issue to report, bear with me heh.

If I open the "Hub Browse" through your extension, and then specifically in the filter section on the left side.
If I type letter(s) into the "TAGS" box, it will not filter any of the tags out like it does in the "official" hub browser.

This means that if I want to search for any TAG trough your Hub Browser, I am forced to manually scroll trough the entire list of tags to search the one I want, instead of being able to quickly type/filter out the specific tag I need.

^ This issue tho, was not present (I think) for me when I first started using your extension, it started to happen about ~ a week after I started using it, and now the issue has remained for the past month or so. Which leads me to believe I perhaps might have a corrupted config file or something somewhere?

^^Furthermore, using the "official" hub browser, the tags box works fine. This is how I've been getting around the issue. I use the "official" hub browsers tag system to find any package i'm interested in, and then through your hub browser I use the regular search box to then find said package again to instal it.

This ofcourse is extremely redundant, wastes time, and shouldn't be a thing.

EDIT*
Another issue I forgot about which started to appear in your most recent version (Or it is because the vam hub was updated recently as well), is that in your hub browser, filtering by "pay type" is also broken. For me it will ALWAYS only show the free stuff. Clicking "All" or "Paid" will only show the free stuff.

Would love to hear your opinion.
it is on the todo list. every suggestion is welcome.

Glad to see this is still being worked on, can't use vam without this anymore.

Notice!
use the latest 0.13 version.
i have fix the problem when playing the scene "Produce 69" would waiting too long of loading animation.

This is a really fantastic plugin, life saver really for massive libraries, however one thing I'm struggling with is the ability to quickly install a bunch of things ie) plugins. It really takes an eternity to find, select individualy.

This is a really fantastic plugin, life saver really for massive libraries, however one thing I'm struggling with is the ability to quickly install a bunch of things ie) plugins. It really takes an eternity to find, select individualy.
i do not understand your problem.
you can toggle "auto install",the var will always installed automatically.

Minor update
1.show loaded vars number
1698502199747.png

175 is loaded num.

2.set all vars AlwaysAllow,ingore the setting when open scene.it is default disabled.
edit the "\BepInEx\config\vam_var_browser.cfg", set "PluginsAlwaysEnabled = true"
you can clean the "AddonPackagesUserPrefs" folder.

3.improve the dependencies analyse speed, Dozens of times.

Minor update
1.show loaded vars number
View attachment 300913
175 is loaded num.

2.set all vars AlwaysAllow,ingore the setting when open scene.it is default disabled.
edit the "\BepInEx\config\vam_var_browser.cfg", set "PluginsAlwaysEnabled = true"
you can clean the "AddonPackagesUserPrefs" folder.

3.improve the dependencies analyse speed, Dozens of times.
Where can I find this new version 0.14?

What I mean, is if I want to install a bunch of plugins I cannot drag and select them...

I have to sorta agree with this, currently it's quite a hassle when you need to "instal" a bunch of plugins at once. Being able to for example, Ctrl+Click multiple .vars in the "ALL" section, and then being able to instal your entire selection at once would speed it up for me.

(Because, whenever I click the "install In background" button, VaM will freeze/lock up for a couple seconds until the install in "background" process is complete, perhaps it's broken on my end, but to me it does not do the process in the background, because like I said, it locks up VaM, every single you manually click the "install in background" button.)

However I feel like this is an extreme QOL thing, and does not require any priority as it's generally something you only have to do once, unless you are not using the "always install" function.

What i DO think requires priority is the ability to, "Auto update" version of plugins/vars you manually have selected as "always install".

Example; I use the BodyLanguage plugin allot, so within the var browser, I have chosen the lastest version of the bodylanguage .var and selected the "always install" function on it.
However, the developer comes with an update once or twice a week, which means that, every single time I download an update of this plugin, I have to manually un-select the "always install" on the "old" version of the plugin inside the var browser, and then reselect the newer version of said plugin and enable "always install" on that one.

^ THIS is an extreme time consuming process, since there's a multitude of plugins I have selected as "always install" but the developers are quite active which requires me to do the process of selecting newer versions quite allot.
Currently as it stands, I spend about 5-10 minutes everytime I boot up VaM just to update the plugins and having to deal with the selection of "always install".

If only there was an option to auto update the selection of "Auto Install" selected vars, to the latest version it can find in your AllPackages folder, and where it then De-selects the older version of said plugin.

A way I can see this in, is when you update an .var trough your hub browser, maybe there should be an extra check, which looks if the .var it's updating, has an "always install" check on it, and perhaps auto apply this to the new version it then downloads, and "uncheck" the old version for "always install"

Last edited:
Notice!
update the new 0.13 version.
I have fixed the dependencies analyse bug,it will miss some vars.

Hi all, I was able to run the plugin. Its really Timesaving.. a must have.

I have one question: Should I leave VAM-cache turned on or off?

kind regards
Dan2st0n3d

Is it possible to sync the var manager favorites with the VaM favorites? For example, if a set a pose as a favorite in var manager it would also be a favorite in the VaM person pose preset loading dialog?

Why the clothing preset won't update in game. After I selected the clothes presets, those presets won't appear in game of person's clothing preset. But they did appear on Person's Clothing item, but Person's Clothing presets always keep the same.

Last edited:
@sfishere

- Possibility to add a "show all versions" option next to the "Only autoinstall/Only installed" options?

^ So many times now have I had issues with finding certain scenes/looks because they were stored inside older versions of a certain .var and due to how your var browser works, the entire scenes/looks simply become completely hidden, impossible for the user to open it unless they manually install the .var and open the scene through the VaM menu (which imo. is exactly the opposite of what this plugin is supposed to achieve).

- To add to that, having a toggle to show "Only UN-Installed" would also be very very much appreciated.

Thank you, it works! my 920 GB folder took half an hour to load, now it loads as if it’s not there, but it’s in the game! ps: I really haven’t figured out how to add all this to a character who is already in the scene, but this plugin works for those who have bloated file folders, it will help you 100%! thanks to the author! Q and another question about using this browser - after each game, how am I going to close the game, do I need to click delete all or not? I checked all the autoload boxes

Last edited:
Thank you, it works! my 920 GB folder took half an hour to load, now it loads as if it’s not there, but it’s in the game! ps: I really haven’t figured out how to add all this to a character who is already in the scene, but this plugin works for those who have bloated file folders, it will help you 100%! thanks to the author! Q and another question about using this browser - after each game, how am I going to close the game, do I need to click delete all or not? I checked all the autoload boxes
no need autoload.
you would better unload all vars when close the game

Back
Top Bottom