• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Tools: Var Checkup

Other Tools: Var Checkup 1.1.2.1

FishBig

Featured Contributor
Reactions
FishBig submitted a new resource:

Tools: Var Checkup - Tools to List and View Var Files

The Software Var Checkup is Designed for easy viewing of VAR files.
with it, you can:
1 Quickly list the VAR files you have
2 Identifies duplicate VAR files
3 Quickly view all elements contained in a VAR file
4 List all dependencies of a VAR file and indicate if you have them
5 Locate the actual location of the file

Installation:
Extract rar to any directory.

Read more about this resource...

Hello, VAM do same things here :
Capture d’écran 2022-04-17 144903.jpg
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hello, VAM do same things here :
View attachment 114408:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
The ingame package manager is junk.
They should have released one that could be accessed from the outside.

Also if stupid people stopped putting in plugins into there vars that are free on the hub var would work better

Also this program need so we can resize the list view

also a duplicate plugin finder inside the vars could be a good thing

Last edited:
FishBig updated Tools: Var Checkup with a new update entry:

Var Checkup v1.1.1.1

Var Checkup Software

Caution!!!
This software is a freeware, and an auxiliary tool for VaM game. Does not bear responsibility for possible game or files damage. If you do not agree with this, please do not use this software!

Var Checkup Functions:
Browse VAR files in selected directory.
Find duplicate VAR files quickly.
View content of selected VAR.
Check dependencies for selected VAR.
Delete selected File(s).
Backup selected File(s).

Note:
1 This software is an independent tool for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to report that the tool stops working for me if I quickly select one .var and then another .var before the first one finish unpacking.

Suggestions if you still work on this tool:
It's currently mouse-oriented. A keyboard-binding to move to destination would be useful to avoid having to use the mouse. Allowing you to use arrow keys up/down in the list and let's say Ctrl+M to move .var to destination. Then I wouldn't have to use the mouse when checking and potentially moving 500+ .var files. :D

Last edited:
Just wanted to report that the tool stops working for me if I quickly select one .var and then another .var before the first one finish unpacking.

Suggestions if you still work on this tool:
It's currently mouse-oriented. A keyboard-binding to move to destination would be useful to avoid having to use the mouse. Allowing you to use arrow keys up/down in the list and let's say Ctrl+M to move .var to destination. Then I wouldn't have to use the mouse when checking and potentially moving 500+ .var files. :D

Thanks, this is a good suggestion, I will implement this feature in the next version.

This is helpful for humans that use sub folders in their AddonPackages folder. It is useless if your AddonPackages folder has just .var & .var.depend.txt files. If you were to download the same 123.hotgirl.1.var file, it would ask you if you want to overwrite or skip the same file. The add-on package manger in the game (at least for me) loads extremely slow.

good tool, if add some shortcut for "move/delete" will be better. thanks again

Emm...find a bug, i can't change var path by click "...". My var path history length is 10, i want to know how to clear var path cache. Reinstall doesn't work

Last edited:
Emm...find a bug, i can't change var path by click "...". My var path history length is 10, i want to know how to clear var path cache. Reinstall doesn't work

Thanks for reporting the bug, I haven't tested more than 10 histories before, this problem is unbearable, I'll fix it right away.

Great tool, thank you! It would be great if you could implement a simple ability to sort by name/MB/Path for various use cases (I'd like to know where my big files are and consider deletion). Thanks!

FishBig submitted a new resource:

Tools: Var Checkup - Tools to List and View Var Files

Read more about this resource...

SUGGESTION

Awesome tool. I'm not a software guy but my suggestion that i think everyone would like. I have pretty much every free var I can get my hands on and even pay for a few of my favorite creators that have a lot of vars. so it takes a while to scroll through your software to find all the doubles. I think a good addition would be to hide files that don't have doubles or to be able to highlight doubles and at least isolate them by if they are newer/older. or larger/smaller. and move or delete them. this would make the software quicker for us hoarders to use. since im like i dont care about any of the white ones. i just want to find the one i accidentally double downloaded or have a failed download. which is another suggestion which is to like varmanager. have a popup and tell me when a file is not a working var /zip file. some files i download end up with 0 bytes, 28 bytes, or 33 bytes and say latest and not be able to be opened or to be a file that transfered incomplete and so is corrupted. so if you could make use .7z test archive function to make sure that the files you pick up are working vars and if not be able to move or delete them

Nice tool. I have a suggestion: a reverse dependency lookup for var files. If you select a var, the tool shows which other var files has a dependency to that var. That would be very useful for cleaning up your AddonPackages folder.

Last edited:
Here's hopefully a simple request: Since you can quickly generate a list of the .var files, and you can very quickly generate a list of the .var file *contents*...

Could you output a text file that is like cmd> Tree that lets us dump it into excel and list every single file in every single var?

From here, we can use excel to compare a similar list of our vam/custom contents, (IN PARTICULAR, MORPHS!)

From here we can look for duplicate morphs, which seem to be one of the most significant things to slow down the app.

Thank you for this tool. A very dumb question, but if I remove a duplicate dependency located in a VAR, will it find the same dependency that already exists in the AddonPackages folder?

SUGGESTION

Awesome tool. I'm not a software guy but my suggestion that i think everyone would like. I have pretty much every free var I can get my hands on and even pay for a few of my favorite creators that have a lot of vars. so it takes a while to scroll through your software to find all the doubles. I think a good addition would be to hide files that don't have doubles or to be able to highlight doubles and at least isolate them by if they are newer/older. or larger/smaller. and move or delete them. this would make the software quicker for us hoarders to use. since im like i dont care about any of the white ones. i just want to find the one i accidentally double downloaded or have a failed download. which is another suggestion which is to like varmanager. have a popup and tell me when a file is not a working var /zip file. some files i download end up with 0 bytes, 28 bytes, or 33 bytes and say latest and not be able to be opened or to be a file that transfered incomplete and so is corrupted. so if you could make use .7z test archive function to make sure that the files you pick up are working vars and if not be able to move or delete them
Thank you for your suggestion, I will implement it in subsequent versions

Nice tool. I have a suggestion: a reverse dependency lookup for var files. If you select a var, the tool shows which other var files has a dependency to that var. That would be very useful for cleaning up your AddonPackages folder.
This is a more difficult function, I'm currently working on this, thanks for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom