Tools: Var Checkup

Other Tools: Var Checkup

Here's hopefully a simple request: Since you can quickly generate a list of the .var files, and you can very quickly generate a list of the .var file *contents*...

Could you output a text file that is like cmd> Tree that lets us dump it into excel and list every single file in every single var?

From here, we can use excel to compare a similar list of our vam/custom contents, (IN PARTICULAR, MORPHS!)

From here we can look for duplicate morphs, which seem to be one of the most significant things to slow down the app.
Great idea, I will implement it in the next version

Thank you for this tool. A very dumb question, but if I remove a duplicate dependency located in a VAR, will it find the same dependency that already exists in the AddonPackages folder?
This software will find and mark all identical VARs located in the selected directory

I have one little request if that's even possible but the tool would be complete if you can list the dependencies linked to each file.
So if you delete the file you know if other things will stop working or not... It's a big shot but it's something worth thinking about :D

I think I have a similar request than the one above. I'd be awesome if you could color the background of vars in the list that something else depends on lets say light red. This would make it super comfy to delete old/unwanted packages without breaking stuff.

It would probably mean having a button that scans all packages for dependencies and colors vars that are referenced by something else.

And a list of what else is referencing them would also be nice.

This tool is just amazing, I don't know how I would manage all these var without it.

Just one thing I find missing/ frustrating is when open the var and see the pic of what is it inside, I cant drag the pic and drop it next to the var (even better if it was renamed as the var file name) for next time have a better /quicker look of which var is what directly on Windows explorer.

But this is nail picking, the tool deserve already 5 stars hand down

Is it possible to check if the selected .var is a dependency to something? I want to delete some stuff, but I don't know if it's safe.

I love this tool.... I was thinking of using it outside of VAM. I have a bunch of other file types I'd love to be able to sort and selectively delete like this. Is there any way we can modify the file extensions this checks for?

Back
Top Bottom