Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

Dev Tools - A small suite of scripts helpful with plugin development

- ForwardUnityLogsToSceneLogs: Any error that would normally be hidden will be forwarded to VaM's log windows
- Diagnostics: Prints the Unity object hierarchy of an atom

Read more about this resource...

Acid Bubbles updated Dev Tools with a new update entry:

DevTools v1.3.2

- Fix to support latest VaM version (remove Environment.NewLine)
- Ability to receive broadcast "DevToolsGameObjectExplorerShow" and select gameobjects from other plugins
- Support for UITab, LayoutElement, Text, Image, DAZDynamicItem details
- Add mainHUD and current atom's UITransform to well known objects

Read the rest of this update entry...

DevTools v1.4.0

OnSpawnAtom:
- Do not disable collisions on the latest atom when removing an atom

GameObjectExplorer:
- Keybindings integration (GameObjectExplorer.SelectColliderUnderCursor)
- Show whether a gameobject is active (and if not, whether it's self or in hierarchy)
- Add the plugin, it's UITransform and scene root to the well known objects
- Show more information about UI components (RectTransform, Layout etc.)
- Show information about the OVR rig components

Regarding onspawnatom.cs, seems that it spawns in collision triggers with their collision disabled but there's no checkbox to re-enable them like other atoms so they're useless

DevTools v1.4.1

- OnSpawnAtom: Do not disable collisions on collision triggers (you cannot re-enable them after!)
- GameObjectExplorer: Show components not inheriting from Behavior
- GameObjectExplorer: Add RigidbodyAttributes, ForceReceiver, ConfigurableJoint, ConfigurableJointReconnector, Rigidbody, Collider, Canvas and RectTransform to shown components

Regarding "ForwardUnityLogsToSceneLogs" can you explain a bit more about what the scope of errors "that would normally be hidden" is?
I have most of my code encased in try catch statements where I'm outputting the exception message to SuperController.LogError. However I have users who are reporting some problems but with no error messages (when I suspect there are runtime errors occurring).

If I have code like:
Code:
button.onClick.AddListener(delegate
{
RefreshUI();
});

Will your plugin catch error message generated inside the delegate function?

Regarding "ForwardUnityLogsToSceneLogs" can you explain a bit more about what the scope of errors "that would normally be hidden" is?
I have most of my code encased in try catch statements where I'm outputting the exception message to SuperController.LogError. However I have users who are reporting some problems but with no error messages (when I suspect there are runtime errors occurring).

If I have code like:
Code:
button.onClick.AddListener(delegate
{
RefreshUI();
});

Will your plugin catch error message generated inside the delegate function?
Think I've answered my own question. I got the user to install your ForwardUnityLogsToSceneLogs and recreate the problem. Sure enough, got an error message from that delegate function. Now I just need to work out what my bug is. Thanks - another great utility!

Back
Top Bottom