VAR Files Organizer

Other VAR Files Organizer

Reactions
justkiddingbutnot submitted a new resource:

VAR Files Organizer - Are you a neat freak, too? This will put all your VARs into tidy folders by author name.

What does it do?

• It will move your VAR packages from the AddonPackages directory into folders according to the author name, e.g., JigglyPoof.jiggly_action.1.var will be moved into AddonPackages\JigglyPoof\.
  • If it sees that the VAR already exists in the folder named after the author, it won't touch the pre-existing file, and the file in questions will remain in the base AddonPackages folder.
  • It will also move the default...

Read more about this resource...

It stopped sorting after creating the folder named "xidacubu". Do I just have too many files?

Update: Manually moved those files and it completed.

Probably would be too much to effort to implement but what about a mechanic that reduces the amount of duplicated clothes and hairs as I would have like 15 different iris clothes. I don't know if that already exists tho.

You should look at the VarManager tool for additional ideas, as it does what this tool does on top of a bunch more.

VarManager grabs all of the vars and organizes them into folders /__VarTidied/AuthorName/, /_VarRedundant/ for duplicate files, /_VarBroken/ for bad files or misnamed files, so on. It also has the ability on top of that to create symbolic links, so it never touches the organized files and allows you to create profiles. So I can make a profile named "Dance Scenes", and then check all the Dance Scene vars, then anytime that profile is selected it will just create symbolic links to ONLY those vars in the AddonPackages folder. Anything I check it will also automatically check all of the dependent vars, and if I click details it will list all of the missing dependencies. If I switch from "Dance Scenes" profile to "Sex Scenes", then the symbolic links change instantly. The symbolic links are amazingly helpful when you have 1TB+ of VAM content, since it allows you to easily just load the content you want speeding up the app a ton. You just have all your var files in a nice organized repo, and the app just creates the links to the files you currently want to use in the AddonPackages folder.

Having more options like this tool is always great though. Glad to see something new as there has not been much on this front in a while.

You should look at the VarManager tool for additional ideas, as it does what this tool does on top of a bunch more.

VarManager grabs all of the vars and organizes them into folders /__VarTidied/AuthorName/, /_VarRedundant/ for duplicate files, /_VarBroken/ for bad files or misnamed files, so on. It also has the ability on top of that to create symbolic links, so it never touches the organized files and allows you to create profiles. So I can make a profile named "Dance Scenes", and then check all the Dance Scene vars, then anytime that profile is selected it will just create symbolic links to ONLY those vars in the AddonPackages folder. Anything I check it will also automatically check all of the dependent vars, and if I click details it will list all of the missing dependencies. If I switch from "Dance Scenes" profile to "Sex Scenes", then the symbolic links change instantly. The symbolic links are amazingly helpful when you have 1TB+ of VAM content, since it allows you to easily just load the content you want speeding up the app a ton. You just have all your var files in a nice organized repo, and the app just creates the links to the files you currently want to use in the AddonPackages folder.

Having more options like this tool is always great though. Glad to see something new as there has not been much on this front in a while.
Yeah, I got my inspiration from VarManager. It's just so clunky and can really mess up your installation if you click the wrong buttons, so I wanted something simple. I'm definitely looking into expanding over time. Thanks for your kind words!

Probably would be too much to effort to implement but what about a mechanic that reduces the amount of duplicated clothes and hairs as I would have like 15 different iris clothes. I don't know if that already exists tho.
There's a tool called VarManager that can do that - and it does a lot of other things, so be careful when clicking around.

I don't have the log files for that instance, I believe it was only a few files though. Experience was fast and easy!
Great! Let me know if that ever happens again. Post a screen shot of whatever files were left behind. It's possible there is a bug somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom