VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

Other VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

Of course! But if you are changing the python code, @Chris_P_Bacon is working on a complete overhaul of the code. So when that is ready the codebase will be completely changed. It will be the exact same app, but the code will be split into classes and improved a lot.

@hazmhox, I really would like to see what you did. If you changed the code, please commit it to a branch where we can see it or suggest another solution. BTW, love your great plugins -- many thanks!

curious to see what improvements you guys made, love this generator.
Thanks for your kind words! All current changes are under the hood and just a lot of reorganizing the project, but we make good progress. I hope we can also add some new features soon. And I am convinced it won't take months, depending on Pinosantes ideas. :)

@pinosante
Two windows open. Scans on a black window for 2-3 seconds. _ I see some lines (a lot) and immediately turns off.
It's not very clear what the error is. They are nowhere to be seen.

@pinosante
Two windows open. Scans on a black window for 2-3 seconds. _ I see some lines (a lot) and immediately turns off.
It's not very clear what the error is. They are nowhere to be seen.
Hi, for me it's unclear what the error is too. Maybe post a screenshot and a detailed guide of what you did, and what happened?

Hi, for me it's unclear what the error is too. Maybe post a screenshot and a detailed guide of what you did, and what happened?

noerror.gif

Last edited:
Hi, there seems to be an error. But the window with the error closes immediately. So, to be able to see the error, do the following:

- please open a command window (cmd.exe) from the folder of "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation"
- then run "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.exe"
- copy and past the error messages (or the whole log)

That way I can look what is happening.

There is probably one .vap file which has an error in it.

Hi, there seems to be an error. But the window with the error closes immediately. So, to be able to see the error, do the following:

- please open a command window (cmd.exe) from the folder of "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation"
- then run "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.exe"
- copy and past the error messages (or the whole log)

That way I can look what is happening.

There is probably one .vap file which has an error in it.

Code:
Loading file G:\VAMS\Custom\Atom\Person\Appearance\Preset_рпап.vap into database.
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python38\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1892, in __call__
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 517, in track_threshold_change
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 578, in update_found_labels
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 592, in update_favorites_found_label
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1546, in get_favorited_appearance_files
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1072, in filter_filenamelist_on_genders
KeyError: 'G:\\VAMS\\Custom\\Atom\\Person\\Appearance\\Preset_Jordan-Mini.vap'
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 547, in track_minmorph_change
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 592, in update_favorites_found_label
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1546, in get_favorited_appearance_files
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1072, in filter_filenamelist_on_genders
  File "C:\Python38\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 138, in run
  File "C:\Python38\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\console.py", line 16, in run
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 2174, in <module>
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 2168, in main
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 408, in initialize
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 618, in choose_all_favorites

G:\VAMS>
All !
Thank you . Removed one file that made an error.
It turns out that the program tries to read the file three times (and then closes).
It's a pity that there is no skip function (bad files)

Code:
Loading file G:\VAMS\Custom\Atom\Person\Appearance\Preset_рпап.vap into database.
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 517, in track_threshold_change
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 547, in track_minmorph_change
  File "C:\Python38\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 138, in run
  File "C:\Python38\Lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\console.py", line 16, in run
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 2174, in <module>
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 2168, in main
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 408, in initialize
  File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 618, in choose_all_favorites

G:\VAMS>
All !
Thank you . Removed one file that made an error.
It turns out that the program tries to read the file three times (and then closes).
It's a pity that there is no skip function (bad files)
Yeah the skip function, might be implemented in the future.

getting error message:

Code:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\VaM_Updater\\Custom\\Atom\\UIText\\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation\\Preset_VAM2PythonText.vap'

getting error message:

Code:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\VaM_Updater\\Custom\\Atom\\UIText\\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation\\Preset_VAM2PythonText.vap'
Just run vam with the save, this can happen when you run the app for the first time.

Hi, the app doesnt seem to generate the population. I click on the initialize button then it stays on generating for a long time. Every time I try and look at the console that pops up this shows.
1686552114653.png

Doesnt mean anything? Or am I just being impatient?

Hi, the app doesnt seem to generate the population. I click on the initialize button then it stays on generating for a long time. Every time I try and look at the console that pops up this shows.
View attachment 256106

Doesnt mean anything? Or am I just being impatient?
Could you try with random crossover? And just use a few hand picked files for the parents? If the program generators an error like you screenshotted, it stops working.

I think there might be an issue/problem with one of your appearances.

Could someone please tell me how you save an appearance as a .vap file? It only save as a .json and a .jpg. I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking cause it doesn't seem that anyone else has this problem. Except for one dude that asked the same question in this discussion but no one ever answered him

Great:) now I have a question : front, side, and 45 degree angle. Where can I find the scene displayed at the same time, which is the scene of the three girls in your demonstration screen.

Great:) now I have a question : front, side, and 45 degree angle. Where can I find the scene displayed at the same time, which is the scene of the three girls in your demonstration screen.
Hi, I do not have that available any more (since it was pretty resource intensive). But you can create it by using mirrors. You can add a Glass Atom (mirror) and position it such, that you get to see side and back views!

嗨,我不再可用了(因为它非常耗费资源)。但是您可以使用镜像来创建它。您可以添加一个 Glass Atom(镜子)并将其定位,以便您可以看到侧视图和后视图!
您的多角度显示设置非常好。如果可能的话,我希望你能提供一个下载地址。我的电脑配置刚刚升级,我真的很想体验一下。非常感谢您的帮助。再次感谢你 :)

您的多角度显示设置非常好。如果可能的话,我希望你能提供一个下载地址。我的电脑配置刚刚升级,我真的很想体验一下。非常感谢您的帮助。再次感谢你 :)
Hi, I am sorry, but I don’t have it anymore. But you can make one yourself with a few clicks!

Hi. I get an error message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because python38.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I found python38.dll online, but I'm not sure where the files goes, or how to fix the problem.

I put the VAM Evolutionary folder in the same folder as my VAM.exe folder.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

FYI that I had a previous version of your plugin and it worked fine.

Thanks!

Hi. I get an error message saying "The code execution cannot proceed because python38.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I found python38.dll online, but I'm not sure where the files goes, or how to fix the problem.

I put the VAM Evolutionary folder in the same folder as my VAM.exe folder.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

FYI that I had a previous version of your plugin and it worked fine.

Thanks!
Hi, to be honest I don't know what is going wrong. My advise would be to unzip the VAM Evolutionary App Folder somewhere else. It can be anywhere on your drive. Try not putting it in the VAM.exe folder but somewhere else. The executable in that folder should run without problems.

I was able to get it working. I redownloaded the zip file and it worked! :). Not sure why. I may have deleted a few files on accident. Oops.

Просто запустите vam с сохранением, такое может случиться при первом запуске приложения.
Please explain in more detail how to do this. I am a beginner, and I have the same error
«[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Games\\GQ\\virt-a-mate 1.21.1.0\\Custom\\Atom\\UIText\\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation\\Preset_VAM2PythonText.vap '" P.S I have launched the application many times

Back
Top Bottom