The definitive asset creation tutorial for VaM

Guides The definitive asset creation tutorial for VaM

That is really appreciated @Sp0_0ns , not a lot of people take the time to give feedback on actual help / support / tips. Thank you very much for that :)

This document confirms that what I've been doing is mostly correct. Thank you!
The "Fixing the shadows" section is a great help to me with my asset creation problems.
Just one question: which shaders are better suited for Unity?
"Standard(Specular setup)"
"Standard(Roughness setup)"

After adding the shadow library, which shaders can I use?

Just one question: which shaders are better suited for Unity?
"Standard(Specular setup)"
"Standard(Roughness setup)"

After adding the shadow library, which shaders can I use?
  • Specular and Roughness are perfect. They are different workflow and will render a bit differently. Use your favourite depending on what material you're doing :)
  • When you got the lib installed, any. All shaders will generate proper NGSS2. Even custom ones.

• Specular and Roughness are perfect. They are different workflow and will render a bit differently. Use your favourite depending on what material you're doing :)
  • When you got the lib installed, any. All shaders will generate proper NGSS2. Even custom ones.
Thanks for answering my questions.
I have never been able to create the material I wanted with VaM, but thanks to your documentation, I think I will be able to create it the way I want.
It makes me want to rebuild all the CUAs I have released.

Thanks for answering my poor English.

Amazing
Really big thanks for your tutorial!
it's amazing and made me want to dive into asset creation another time.
specially for the shader looking like vam. it's a great addon for the pipeline.

But now I have a new problem and don't know if the changes in the shader setting is the probleme. or it's just something else.

My assets don't have baking lights now.
I wanted to bake lights for the environement in unity.
And when I import the environement, no baking light at all
(checking or unchecking the lightmap checkbox in VAM don't change anything).

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?
Big thanks in advance.

This is an amazing tutorial, thanks for providing it for free to the community! I've been learning about porting into vam, and have made a ton of progress learning blender, R3DS wrap, and daz, but can't for the life of me figure out how people are getting CUA objects like hair to have physics. I've talked to certain creators who do this, and all I've managed to get is statements like "if the model has rigging in blender then it will work".... But it seems they are protective of their process, which I can understand. I have some rigged hair in blender that I'm trying to make work in a CUA. Hoping you might have some insight or maybe point me in the right direction!
zlda_riggedHair_blndr.png

Why the assetbundle files I created are invalid in vam? Also, I wonder if your unity license is free? or plus?
I ues assetbundle browser to create asset .assetbundle files.

Also, I want to try to write a plugin for vam, but I can't even access the unityengine assembly.....

This is an amazing tutorial, thanks for providing it for free to the community! I've been learning about porting into vam, and have made a ton of progress learning blender, R3DS wrap, and daz, but can't for the life of me figure out how people are getting CUA objects like hair to have physics. I've talked to certain creators who do this, and all I've managed to get is statements like "if the model has rigging in blender then it will work".... But it seems they are protective of their process, which I can understand. I have some rigged hair in blender that I'm trying to make work in a CUA. Hoping you might have some insight or maybe point me in the right direction!View attachment 270264

People do gatekeep allot of knowledge sometimes , even here, but the hair thing there's a tutorial for it, give it a try, if it works well I'd like to know, I haven't tried it yet myself but they seem like they mean it : https://hub.virtamate.com/resources...aautofollow-and-ezsoftbone.20221/#fromHistory

Back
Top Bottom