VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

Other VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

pinosante

Reactions
pinosante submitted a new resource:

VAM Evolutionary Character Creation - Create beatiful girls, guys and futas using a sophisticated genetic algorithm.

Hi everyone, this is an upgrade from my VAM Character Fusion project, with a lot of amazing features:
View attachment 112565

What does this do?
This app allows you to:
  1. Scan all your appearances
  2. Create a "blue print" of your favorite appearance type based on your appearances.
  3. Sample 20 apperances based on your personal blueprint.
  4. Vote on these appearances...

Read more about this resource...

Wow sounds like a great app. Somehow it wont work for me. When I try to do step 2 a new window opens but its blank. I can see the UI in the bottom left corner tho. Vam Root folder is selected

You need to have all your appearances in the "PATH_TO_VAM\Custom\Atom\Person\Appearance" folder. Do you have that?

Awesome. I need to make a new version of the app which warns users for this. For now I just edited my main post to show this.

I think this is one of the best plug-ins for VAM, but I have all the models with the extension * .var or * .json. How to make * .vap?

Hi, .vap files are appearance files. If you have your json or rar file, load the person in VaM and save it as an “appearance” in custom/atom/person/appearance.

In the future I might look into making this compatible with .json but for now, the above should help as a quick fix.

Last edited:
Could you update so it also scans subdirectories? I categorise some types into their own subfolders. :3

Yeah, I was pondering over that. For some users that would be great, others might not want to use that since it might have too many subdirectories. So I need a solution which keeps everyone happy. Maybe a checkbox: “recursive search”? For now I’d recommend to just copy them all to the root appearance dir until I have time to implement a recursive option.

Reading settings from: H:\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation v1.0.0\data\settings.json
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1513, in <module>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1508, in main
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 258, in initialize
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 342, in fill_data_with_all_appearances
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1379, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'character'
[12712] Failed to execute script 'VAM Evolutionary Character Creation' due to unhandled exception!

1000+ character in the directory, too much ? ;)

Reading settings from: H:\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation v1.0.0\data\settings.json
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1513, in <module>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1508, in main
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 258, in initialize
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 342, in fill_data_with_all_appearances
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1379, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'character'
[12712] Failed to execute script 'VAM Evolutionary Character Creation' due to unhandled exception!

1000+ character in the directory, too much ? ;)
Hi, try deleting “settings.json” in the data folder of the app, and rerunning the app. I think that might solve it. 1000 Characters should be ok.

If that still fails there might be something going wrong with the gender checking of one the appearances. I can look into the code tomorrow.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I am sorry about that. I will try to get it fixed tomorrow. Your output is probably the same as the previous post?

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I am sorry about that. I will try to get it fixed tomorrow. Your output is probably the same as the previous post?

Not exactly the same but very similar

Exception in Tkinter callback
File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1884, in __call__
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 94, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 555, in select_vamdir
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1368, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'morphs'

Not exactly the same but very similar

Exception in Tkinter callback
File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1884, in __call__
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 94, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 555, in select_vamdir
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1368, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'morphs'
Dumb question: but your appearance directory in PATH_TO_VAM/custom/atom/person/appearance does contain *.vap files? Just checking to be sure.

Dumb question: but your appearance directory in PATH_TO_VAM/custom/atom/person/appearance does contain *.vap files? Just checking to be sure.

Yep 600~ .vap files in the appearance folder. Double checked and tried to delete the settings.json but it didn't work.

Yep 600~ .vap files in the appearance folder. Double checked and tried to delete the settings.json but it didn't work.
Yeah so one or more of those are tripping my script. If you don’t mind I’ll update the script tomorrow with some more verbose error messaging, and ask you to run that one again, so it will message on what .vap file it is failing. Maybe you can send me that vap file to see what is happening? I will update the script tomorrow.

Hi, try deleting “settings.json” in the data folder of the app, and rerunning the app. I think that might solve it. 1000 Characters should be ok.

If that still fails there might be something going wrong with the gender checking of one the appearances. I can look into the code tomorrow.

I do it and let the cmd windows open, one .vap make the error.
Move it solve the problem. Thx for the app

I do it and let the cmd windows open, one .vap make the error.
Move it solve the problem. Thx for the app
Awesome that it fixed your problem! Could you send me the .vap file so I can see what goes wrong with it? Thanks.

Works pretty well, but the windows can become too tall for my screen (an HDTV), but don’t scroll which makes it impossible to try another generation.
Other than that, intriguing and probably shows way too much about my preferences for appearances…

Works pretty well, but the windows can become too tall for my screen (an HDTV), but don’t scroll which makes it impossible to try another generation.
Other than that, intriguing and probably shows way too much about my preferences for appearances…
Let me see. What is the last line you can see of the app? Or do you know the pixel height of the hdtv?

Back
Top Bottom