VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

Other VAM Evolutionary Character Creation

Love this app, thank you for taking the time to make it.

Works perfect for the "use all appearances" for me (332 appearances)... but if I choose to 'Use favourites", it come up with the error:

Reading settings from: D:\VAM\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation v1.0.0\data\settings.json
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "tkinter\__init__.py", line 1884, in __call__
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 126, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 477, in choose_all_favorites
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 429, in update_found_labels
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 447, in update_favorites_found_label
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1033, in get_favorited_appearance_files
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 778, in filter_filenamelist_on_genders
KeyError: 'D:/VAM\\Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance\\Preset_Damarmau.Bella_V6.1__Bella V6.vap'

Apart from that... this is a very useful (and addictive!) little app

Love this app, thank you for taking the time to make it.

Works perfect for the "use all appearances" for me (332 appearances)... but if I choose to 'Use favourites", it come up with the error:

Reading settings from: D:\VAM\VAM Evolutionary Character Creation v1.0.0\data\settings.json
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 126, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 477, in choose_all_favorites
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 429, in update_found_labels
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 447, in update_favorites_found_label
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1033, in get_favorited_appearance_files
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 778, in filter_filenamelist_on_genders
KeyError: 'D:/VAM\\Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance\\Preset_Damarmau.Bella_V6.1__Bella V6.vap'

Apart from that... this is a very useful (and addictive!) little app
Hmm interesting. Can you check if this file: D:/VAM\\Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance\\Preset_Damarmau.Bella_V6.1__Bella V6.vap is actually present in the directory? It might be the case, that the .jpg/.fav is there, but not the actual file. Btw, I fixed the bug and will shortly update this app with also a fix for this bug. Thanks for reporting!

So I also got this:

File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 94, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 555, in select_vamdir
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 342, in fill_data_with_all_appearances
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1368, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'morphs'

But I narrowed down which .vap triggered it. I've attached it, if that helps.

Attachments

• Preset_Natalia-FutaFishClean.vap
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
This is incredible - the potential of procedurally-generated content for VAM is vast, and you are among the first to scratch the surface.

I have noticed that a lot of the best appearances have one morph that stores a complete character. Is there any way that these "composite morphs" can be un-made into individual morphs, so that they can work with your app?

This is incredible - the potential of procedurally-generated content for VAM is vast, and you are among the first to scratch the surface.

I have noticed that a lot of the best appearances have one morph that stores a complete character. Is there any way that these "composite morphs" can be un-made into individual morphs, so that they can work with your app?
Hi dusty, very good question. I have tried to find the answer myself and it seems that it is not possible in a conventional way. I have been daydreaming about creating a neural net which tries to use "basic" morphs to generate an appearance which looks the same as the one in the composite morph, but that is another project, for another day. So, I feel your pain, and if you have a solution, please share!

So I also got this:

File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 94, in <lambda>
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 555, in select_vamdir
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 342, in fill_data_with_all_appearances
File "VAM Evolutionary Character Creation.py", line 1368, in get_appearance_gender
KeyError: 'morphs'

But I narrowed down which .vap triggered it. I've attached it, if that helps.
Awesome, thanks! I will look into it. Thanks for reporting!

Yeah, so I looked into it, and that file does not contain any morphs, so that's why it's bugging out. Good example for something my script has to be able to deal with. I'll update my script.

pinosante updated VAM Evolutionary Character Creation with a new update entry:

Fixed some bugs and added some useful (requested) features!

So, this is a new version of the app and the companion save. You need to download both!

Features added:
  • After selecting VAM directory, shows which files are being loaded in the console window (helps with finding the .vap files which give errors)
  • Added option for recursive directory search (requested by @Dragontales )
  • Changed save location for generated children, they can now be found in Custom\Atom\Person\appearances\VAM Evolutionary Character...

Read the rest of this update entry...

unpacked the zip VAM Evolutionary Character Creation v1.1.0 and got a HEUR/Agen.1213376 detected
is this a false positive

Where do we need to have the two downloaded files located? I'm assuming the VAR goes into the AddonPackages, but where do I put the VAM Evolutionary Character Creation folder?

I started to play with this and had to close during part of the process....and now when I go to run it again, the black windows box comes up but then closes and nothing happens.

Redownloaded and it's working again. After I rate the first batch, do I need to close VAM and reload? or just the saved scene file?

Getting now api ms win core pathl1-1-0.dll is missing ,
my PC works fine with everything else so not going to bother trying any further.
still it looks good at what it does .

Last edited:
Is it possible to reduce the total number of persons in the scene to just 1? I found it that the loading time of new looks created increased a lot(maybe 3x & even more) due to loading same morphs & same textures to 3 same characters.
Maybe it's not worth that amount of time(3x time & more) to wait to see every new look loaded 'cause it's fairly simple to just drag RMB to see what it looks like from another view angle.

Unfortunately I'm not getting past the black command window with the cursor; I've tried deleting the settings.json file, but no joy..... I also tried running as admin and get the same

Same here
From what i have found could be the antivirus using heuristic analysis. detecting an unknown virus
in which case some coding with in the exe file it didn't like.
this article might be of some interest https://superuser.com/questions/1351683/whats-behind-heur-agen-1023813#1351688
as with Avira it quarantines it straight away before i can do anything , which isn't a bad thing as its like trying to cover my back.
but if you trust it you can put an exception for it . and restore the .exe file .

all male characters generate with michael 6 head and body morphs. Is there a way to disable specific morphs from generating?

Can scale of the parents be taken into account when creating for like dwarfs and goblins ???

Last edited:
Redownloaded and it's working again. After I rate the first batch, do I need to close VAM and reload? or just the saved scene file?
After you rated the first batch, press the green button on the bottom "Generate Next Population" and then you can rate again. After you have pressed that green button, you can also click 1-20 again in the VAM Companion Save, you will see new generated models there.

Getting now api ms win core pathl1-1-0.dll is missing ,
my PC works fine with everything else so not going to bother trying any further.
still it looks good at what it does .
Are you running Windows 7? It seems that this is a problem of the python installer not working with Windows 7: https://bugs.python.org/issue40740 . I will look into trying to compile a windows executable which is compatible with windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom