Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

Guides Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

as shown here this is up step to 10 and before exporting the character as an obj
and clearly has eye morph issues and top of the eyelids.
Have you ever figured out a workaround for the 'deformed eyes issues?
I run into the same problem. There are a bunch of characters that I tried to port and this is the main thing that stops me.
On some models it does not happen (or is acceptable) and on others it's a horrorshow.
The way I see it, the root of the problem is the fitting G2F to G8F is just not good enough.
Maybe they are better methods for this step in Blender.

Have you ever figured out a workaround for the 'deformed eyes issues?
I run into the same problem. There are a bunch of characters that I tried to port and this is the main thing that stops me.
On some models it does not happen (or is acceptable) and on others it's a horrorshow.
The way I see it, the root of the problem is the fitting G2F to G8F is just not good enough.
Maybe they are better methods for this step in Blender.
You can exclude the eyeball vertices from the morph in DAZ and re-export it, and alter the eyes with eyeball specific morphs, but I typically use this program that @VamTastic posted:

The eyeballs will be reset to the default, and no longer filling their eye sockets, but they will also no longer be distorted, and a lot easier to edit to fit into the sockets properly.

The tool is great to fix the eye deformation.
For my remaining problems on the base mesh I ended up fixing it in Blender.
With default OBJ import / export settings this will fail.

Here is what I used - these settings worked for me without Morph Loader complaining about the mesh.
Obviously you cannot do anything destructive in Blender. I just only moved some vertices from bad fitting around the eyes.
1. OBJ export from DAZ:
1 DAZ obj export for Blender.png

2. OBJ import in Blender:
2 Blender obj import.png

3. OBJ export from Blender back to DAZ after edit:
3 Blender obj export for DAZ.png

Attachments

• 1 DAZ obj export for Blender.png
    1 DAZ obj export for Blender.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The tool is great to fix the eye deformation.
For my remaining problems on the base mesh I ended up fixing it in Blender.
With default OBJ import / export settings this will fail.

Here is what I used - these settings worked for me without Morph Loader complaining about the mesh.
Obviously you cannot do anything destructive in Blender. I just only moved some vertices from bad fitting around the eyes.
1. OBJ export from DAZ:
View attachment 145948
2. OBJ import in Blender:
View attachment 145949
3. OBJ export from Blender back to DAZ after edit:
View attachment 145950
I use that method too ,as you can go in edit mode of blender with the character selected .Alt+A to deselect all vertices
use as the vertex icon , type in eye Select leye , reye or both and go on select .
then its just a matter of fine tuning the eyes to fit .
Blender_verts.png

Last edited:
i can not find T-Pose-Gen2.zip
google and daz 3d can not find T-Pose-Gen2.zip
how can i get it?

I've tried this on two different G8F figures and I got the destroyed face both times. It happens when I do the Fit To. Select G2, Fit To G8, set to G2, Full Body, and then the chin is shoved up into the nose. Any cure for that? Works fine for G3.

hello can u import a gen8 cartoon/anim character to vam, with clothes hair etc ???

hello can u import a gen8 cartoon/anim character to vam, with clothes hair etc ???
No, just the figure in base resolution. Cloths have to be done differently, hair most probably can't be transferred.

You get that message if you don't change Resolution Level to Base before exporting.

Check that the exported .obj is smaller than 4mb before proceeding to the next step.
do you have any idea how to decrease obj file? Have same problem with 4.7 Mb model

Even if this tutorial is great, personally, I haven't found how to solve the problem of eyes coming out of their sockets when my character follows me with their gaze in VAM. None of the proposed solutions work... So, if anyone has an answer, I would really appreciate it.:)

Even if this tutorial is great, personally, I haven't found how to solve the problem of eyes coming out of their sockets when my character follows me with their gaze in VAM. None of the proposed solutions work... So, if anyone has an answer, I would really appreciate it.:)
Try adjusting the Eyeball Depth_DD morph. It doesn't take much.

Try adjusting the Eyeball Depth_DD morph. It doesn't take much.
This is a problem when converting from G8 to G2 model. Thank you for the information, which I was already aware of, and therefore already tried, but without result.

Hello everyone, I have a problem, I successfully converted G8 to G2 according to the tutorial, and also did rigging to shape and ERC Freeze in Daz, there is no problem with Tpose in VAM, but once the joint is bent, there is a very exaggerated deformation in the picture.Am I doing something wrong?
QQ截图20240324020453.png
QQ截图20240324020549.png

donkilluminatti submitted a new resource:

Import genesis 8 character to vam(with pictures) - genesis2 genesis8 import

Read more about this resource...
Hello Donkilluminatti,

Thank you for this very detailed tutorial but something seems to go wrong in my case.
I guess that after step 10 ("fit genesis 2 to..." complete) the Gen2 should match the Gen8 character.
In my case the body of the Gen2 match perfectly the Gen8 but the head remains unchanged.
For information, my Gen8 is just coming out of "Head Shop 2024" Addon before starting your procedure.
Should I perform some additonal operations after exiting Head Shop?

Back
Top Bottom