Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

Guides Import genesis 8 character(only morph) to vam(with pictures)

yes i would export from Daz as an fbx as that saves the rig too, then import the fbx into blender , using blenders pose rotating the arm to check the problem and make adjustments in edit mode or using sculpt. export as an obj and import back in to daz using morph loader pro .
if the eyes looked warped , i would use this to fix eyeballs.
its simple enough to use but on occasion have to move the eyes in blender so not to see any gaps in the eye socket .

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to try to stay in Daz and VAM, there's a limit to how much complexity an old man can handle.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to try to stay in Daz and VAM, there's a limit to how much complexity an old man can handle.
Yeah know what you mean , i`m no spring chicken myself :) . do you have an image of the character your to working on, that has the problems .

Yeah know what you mean , i`m no spring chicken myself :) . do you have an image of the character your to working on, that has the problems .

Actually, I think I might have somehow messed up on the rigging part as it seems ok now, thanks after redoing it again.

Had the same issue but found out the reason. Genesis2 and Genesis8 now comes with an extra component that must be deleted in both figures -> "dForce Breast addon for G2F"
I'm having the same issue, but I can't even find the "dForce Breast addon" to remove from the figures... Assuming that's what's causing my particular iteration of the whole

Code:
Loading morph max...

Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

Error I've been getting. I don't have that particular add-on installed, and I triple checked to make sure I didn't accidentally leave the resolution at high, and I went through and hid every bloody node on the figure individually because there's no fucking mass-hide option, yet I still get that error.

I'm having the same issue, but I can't even find the "dForce Breast addon" to remove from the figures... Assuming that's what's causing my particular iteration of the whole

Code:
Loading morph max...

Error I've been getting. I don't have that particular add-on installed, and I triple checked to make sure I didn't accidentally leave the resolution at high, and I went through and hid every bloody node on the figure individually because there's no fucking mass-hide option, yet I still get that error.
did you make sure to check the mesh resolution is set to base for genesis 2 female , as this will cause the Geometry did not match error .

did you make sure to check the mesh resolution is set to base for genesis 2 female , as this will cause the Geometry did not match error .
Yep. The OBJ file was less than 4MB and it still didn't work. That said, I did FINALLY get it to work after attempting repeatedly over the course of a week, but the head is so heavily morphed that the eyes are absolutely ruined.

Yep. The OBJ file was less than 4MB and it still didn't work. That said, I did FINALLY get it to work after attempting repeatedly over the course of a week, but the head is so heavily morphed that the eyes are absolutely ruined.
yeah know what you mean about eye distortion , had same problem trying to do V3D Soraya ,just wouldn`t seem to work , the tears and lacrimals being twisted.
genesis 3 females work a little better , its a hit and miss some characters work some end up looking hideous .

Like the comments said
SKIP STEPS 19-21
The eye and morph problem are solved

this wouldn't be practical as importing the character obj may be of a different height and the rigging to shape is required
to adjust the rig to the character
its ok if you just have morphs that dont have bones say like ears and glutes
skipping the rig to shape isn't a good thing and doesn't cause the eye problems.
as shown here this is up step to 10 and before exporting the character as an obj
and clearly has eye morph issues and top of the eyelids.
eyeproblem.png

Last edited:
this wouldn't be practical as importing the character obj may be of a different height and the rigging to shape is required
to adjust the rig to the character
its ok if you just have morphs that dont have bones say like ears and glutes
skipping the rig to shape isn't a good thing and doesn't cause the eye problems.
as shown here this is up step to 10 and before exporting the character as an obj
and clearly has eye morph issues and top of the eyelids.
View attachment 112258
Sorry I don't speak English very well
I tried to use the same height model,But after importing the VAM,There is a noticeable shift in eye movement when looking up or down.I fixed the situation in the comments.
After receiving your reply, I tried models of different heights,I got the exact opposite result
You are absolutely right. Thank you for your reply.

Sorry I don't speak English very well
I tried to use the same height model,But after importing the VAM,There is a noticeable shift in eye movement when looking up or down.I fixed the situation in the comments.
After receiving your reply, I tried models of different heights,I got the exact opposite result
You are absolutely right. Thank you for your reply.
Sorry for the long message ,
despite the issues Daz does do a reasonable job at wrapping the Genesis 2 to a Genesis 8 or 3 character.

I get to step 13 so I have set the resolution level as base but my file size is about 5.4mb and when I get to doing the morph pro loader it fails to do so, how do I get it below 4mb?

I get to step 13 so I have set the resolution level as base but my file size is about 5.4mb and when I get to doing the morph pro loader it fails to do so, how do I get it below 4mb?
Remove all unnecessary details from the character. Including eyelashes, hair, etc.

Heyho!

I am stuck at the step " 8) Add a new genesis 2 character to the scene"

How do I do that? DAZ3D just allows me to add a Gen 8 character.

Hi everybody! Everything worked so far. But if I choose my new custom morph in VAM on the standard female, it`s getting exoloded. How can I prevent or adjust that?
Bild_2022-07-01_135018100.png

Last edited:
Hi everybody! Everything worked so far. But if I choose my new custom morph in VAM on the standard female, it`s getting exoloded. How can I prevent or adjust that?View attachment 134798
For what it's worth, it looks like you tried to import a g8 morph directly, instead of the converted morph, but then again, I've never missed a step going through the morph conversion, so I don't know what happened here.

Code:
Loading morph max...

I've tried many times and still get the error, it's so frustrating, did you solve it?

I've tried many times and still get the error, it's so frustrating, did you solve it?
Honestly, I never did figure out what I was doing wrong. I just eventually got it right without ever figuring out my mistake.

One more question...if I follow step 12 and hide Gen 8 with all nodes, the face of my morph changes:
Genesis 8.jpg
Genesis 2_fitted.jpg

I`ve changed the face in Gen 8 before with FaceGen. So my target is to get the face from left picture (Gen 8) also to the Gen2 fitted morph on the right picture.

How is this possible?

One more question...if I follow step 12 and hide Gen 8 with all nodes, the face of my morph changes:
View attachment 135675View attachment 135676

I`ve changed the face in Gen 8 before with FaceGen. So my target is to get the face from left picture (Gen 8) also to the Gen2 fitted morph on the right picture.

How is this possible?
Create a morph in DAZ, copy to VAM - done.

Back
Top Bottom