ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
ZRSX submitted a new resource:

Character Transparency - Manage transparency on all body parts of a Person

What is this?
This is a plugin which manages the transparency of all body parts of a Person.
You can go up to -100% and totally hide a character.

View attachment 183490
View attachment 183493
View attachment 183492

Moving the sliders will change the transparency of the related body part.
A 'Global transparency' slider is available for...

Read more about this resource...

@Bob Nothing, for hair transparency, some old legacy Hair items by MeshedVR have a "Alpha adjust" slider:
1670261991703.png

Hi ZR!

After reading all the positive feedback, I'm thinking I'm stupid. So... please have mercy...

1) Just loading the plugin destroys the current look of the skin (try on any of the epi.noah skins\looks).

2) Transparency has a black diffuse color. If you put your model in front of a white panel, you can see it very well.

Aside that... if this can work properly, this will be a very GREAT plugin... but... I think it would be too wonderful to be true... 😢

If this can't be solved, nice try anyway! 😉

After reading all the positive feedback, I'm thinking I'm stupid. So... please have mercy...
Hi! Haha, don't worry, I was honestly quite surprised not to have more bug feedback so far. I'm no expert in plugin making, so I probably made a lot of rookie mistakes.

I've "only" tested the plugin with all default skins; that was already quite a hassle and didn't work for dummy skins. I was hoping it would cover all other looks, but maybe custom skins would cause exceptions. I obviously can't test them all, so feel free to notify when that occurs!
That said, I don't know if I would be able to fix it, but at least I can try. I can't check it out right now (and probably not before a few days), I'll keep you posted!

For the 2nd point, again I cannot check but that may be due to the character shadow. I'll investigate if it's the case and if I can do something about it ;)
In the meantime, maybe you can play with the lighting to avoid it?

Could you please add option for hiding entire head area or arm area or like legs etc? Scrolling down every head area stuff takes time. If there is only slide for changing transparency for whole head area. That would be great

Could you please add option for hiding entire head area or arm area or like legs etc?
Yes, I think I should be able to add this.

I thought about it for the initial release (especially when adding all the triggers for the demo) but finally decided to go for a MVP: to keep it simple and avoid having too many bugs to handle.

Yes, I think I should be able to add this.

I thought about it for the initial release (especially when adding all the triggers for the demo) but finally decided to go for a MVP: to keep it simple and avoid having too many bugs to handle.

Please add

Hi! Haha, don't worry, I was honestly quite surprised not to have more bug feedback so far. I'm no expert in plugin making, so I probably made a lot of rookie mistakes.

I've "only" tested the plugin with all default skins; that was already quite a hassle and didn't work for dummy skins. I was hoping it would cover all other looks, but maybe custom skins would cause exceptions. I obviously can't test them all, so feel free to notify when that occurs!
That said, I don't know if I would be able to fix it, but at least I can try. I can't check it out right now (and probably not before a few days), I'll keep you posted!

For the 2nd point, again I cannot check but that may be due to the character shadow. I'll investigate if it's the case and if I can do something about it ;)
In the meantime, maybe you can play with the lighting to avoid it?

Well... I'm glad to know that I'm not an idiot (at least, non completely...) :ROFLMAO:

That said... I think you've ended up in a very messy nest. It seems that it's not that easy to work with skin materials, but... I'm not into Unity at all and my statement is more of a feeling.

Anyway... you may want to take a look at what @Hunting-Succubus have done about that:

...and, in the meantime, since you seem to be working with shaders, can you also take a look at my request here?:
(Edit: Yes... I'm begging around for this... without any dignity... 😑)

I hope i've been of some help... and... i'll take an eye on this! ;)

1) Just loading the plugin destroys the current look of the skin (try on any of the epi.noah skins\looks).
2) Transparency has a black diffuse color. If you put your model in front of a white panel, you can see it very well.
For the 1st point, I see. The plugin works but interferes with the skin effects. I don't think I can manage to handle this specific case.

Initial:
1670755045.png

With plugin at 9% transparency:
1670755086.png

I'm guessing that there are some transparent parts used in the UV set of the skin (in addition to skin textures) that are overridden by the plugin.
@epi.noah, could you confirm this?

As for the 2nd point, I don't see anything except the Person shadow or the skin color if you're not close to 100% transparency.
1670754518566.png

1670754163.png

Could you provide a screenshot?

I don't know 🤷‍♂️ I just put together things that I find are free to use and remix.

The Motoko look is very cool and I tried that and the glass body plugin a couple of times but they (or at least one of them) did something to the gloss pass that ended up not going away even when I removed the plugins and clothing items. Not even reloading the appearance preset fixed it, I needed to reset VaM.

So I kinda refrained from these plugins. This new transparency plugin does the same exact thing.

It also does the same thing to the look I use in my lighting rig pack (not the one in the main screenshots but the one here). That one is based on the Simone skin by Ren, down to the textures (and therefore a quick download if you wanna experiment yourself)

It also breaks tessellation. Bur that one comes back after you remove the plugin.

Last edited:
For the 1st point, I see. The plugin works but interferes with the skin effects. I don't think I can manage to handle this specific case.

I can confirm what Epi said:

Compare01.jpg

Here you can see the tesselation gone...

Compare02.jpg

...and here, you can better see the glossy gone.

I just inserted a Person atom, loaded the look and added your plugin. Aside that, the scene have MacGruber PostMegic LUT enabled.

I think i don't know anything else that can help... 🤷‍♂️

About point 2, i checked again and it's ok.

I don't know 🤷‍♂️ I just put together things that I find are free to use and remix.
:giggle:
Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Funny thing, Motoko look (very very cool indeed) is based on the same plugin as the one I used to make this one: "hide_character". I don't know what modifications have been made, but after a quick look I think they are pretty minor.
I believe Mokoto always use 100% transparency (hide_character plugin didn't allow to save anything else) and the skin is in fact clothing.
mopedlampe said:
The new motoko has 3 layers: a robotic skeleton, one layer of white plastic plates and a layer of more dense skinplates that use the genesis 2 textures so you can also use your own textures.
Just in case it's not clear: the Genesis2 textures that you can use should be applied as clothing textures, on each clothing part.

But in any case, those resources also interferes with your looks when you remove the plugins, so I don't think I can find a fix there.

It also does the same thing to the look I use in my lighting rig pack (not the one in the main screenshots but the one here). That one is based on the Simone skin by Ren, down to the textures (and therefore a quick download if you wanna experiment yourself)
Indeed. It's supposed to restore original colors when removed, but I guess some things are not properly restored :rolleyes:
I will investigate, but I'm not confident I could fix that with my current skills...

That hide character plugin does it, not just yours. So it might be too much work.

I have not had the chance to look at this yet. But I like the idea, why not take the next step, as the skin becomes transparent, you see the muscles, then more transparent and you see the organs, brain, lungs, liver, lady parts etc. Continue and you see the bones. IDK just an idea.

as the skin becomes transparent, you see the muscles, then more transparent and you see the organs, brain, lungs, liver, lady parts etc. Continue and you see the bones.
Well, VAM models doesn't have a "full" body. It just has what can be seen. So, there are no muscles, no organs, no brain, etc. to be displayed when the skin disappears.

If you want to see something like that, you'd have to make those organs as assets or clothing.
Take a look at the Motoko look: you'll see that all internal parts are clothing.

That would be a huge task. Probably doable, but huge. Maybe somebody will be up to the challenge one day!

ZRSX updated Character Transparency with a new update entry:

Name fix

Changelog
New in 1.2:
- Script name reverted to its original value ("CharacterTransparency_v1.cs") for legacy reasons

Some more details
The change of the script name implied to load the plugin again on existing scenes, losing its settings. Thanks @coll69 for bringing this to my attention.
Thus "CharacterTransparency_v1.cs" will be the final name of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some of The pubic region is left over when I only show genitals. This is using a Jackaroo skin as mentioned. Do I need to do anything extra to hide the extra bit of skin?
1673094997970.png

Is it just my misuse of this plugin or does it appear to remove or not work with huntingsucubus' telsselation body smoother plugin? With or without his plugin my female atom's body become blocky as if even vam's default body smoothing effect is removed. Anyone else exp this?

Some of The pubic region is left over when I only show genitals.
Yes, this is normal. The "Genitals" area for males includes the pubic region.
This plugin cannot remove a part of designated areas (this is inherited from VAM, which itself inherits it from DAZ G2F model).

If you want full transparency on a custom area, you should take a look at this plugin:

Is it just my misuse of this plugin or does it appear to remove or not work with huntingsucubus' telsselation body smoother plugin?
I haven't tried the "telsselation body smoother" plugin, but (based on what I've seen on other plugins by Hunting-Succubus) it's highly possible that it uses the same resources as this plugin. Thus ending in a conflict.

Kurogane said:
when going semi-transparent whenever looking through all clothing vanishes when looking through to semi-transparent part, it only comes back when it goes full transparent, any way to fix?
Yes indeed: when semi-transparent, the skin will hide the back of the clothing.

There is something called the "render queue". Simply put, this is a value that tells in which order each material should be displayed.
This is available in the material tabs of atoms with editable materials. All clothing have at least one. Change the "Render Queue" value to a smaller one and it will magically appear.

Click on the "Customize" button of the clothing you want to be seen through, go to each material tab (the purple ones) and select the "Shader" sub-tab on the right hand side. You'll see a "Render Queue" slider:
1673467606394.png
With default render queue:
1673467559833.png

After reducing the render queue of the "Main" material:
1673467705659.png

Notice that the trim of the panty was not rendered: this is because this is another material, with its own render queue. Go to the "Trim" tab and do the same:
1673467794565.png

--

This is something that could be added on the plugin side: the skin render queue can also be adjusted.
There were dedicated sliders for that in the original plugin; one for each material. I've put them aside to simplify the use: it clears the UI, clears the trigger list... and also because it was a lot of additional variables to handle when I was not sure I could make this work for "only" the transparency.
Those render queue sliders for skin materials worked: set them to a high value and the back of the clothing will appear. But their values also failed to be saved in the original plugin. If I want to add them again, I'll have to fix that.

Anyway - with some work - this is something I can add. The trigger list will be unavoidably bigger, but maybe I can manage something for the UI.
If it's not too clunky, I'll post an update. Just don't expect it soon :)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the same reason like above with clothing: If I put Face transperency down, the mouth, teeth, gum etc don't shine through, like their transparency is lowered the same amount, however the sliders stay the same. Once Face hits zero, mouth etc are fully visible, instantly.

If it would be more of an x-ray mouth interiors would be seen the more the less the face's alpha, visualizing that there's really something happening in the mouth, not in an empty space of the head.

So is there anyway that the glossiness will be kept with future updates? Only workaround I found is to put on oily / wet skin "clothes" but that does not look particularly convincing

So is there anyway that the glossiness will be kept with future updates?
This issue was already in the initial plugin; I have no idea of how to fix it or if it's even fixable. So the answer is no, unless somebody can point towards a possible solution.

Just found out that the tesselation body smoother plugin doesn't work with this one. I came to see if it was a known issue, and saw your comment above. That's a shame, since the body smoother is one of those "essentials" in certain spaces. For the scene I'm working on though, the transparency effect is just more important.

For those out there who've tried using these two together and found your transparency completely broken after using tesselation, you have to fully remove the tess plugin, then reload this one to get it working again.

Back
Top Bottom