Unity Asset Multi-Vamifier

Plugins Unity Asset Multi-Vamifier

ClockwiseSilver

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ClockwiseSilver submitted a new resource:

Unity Asset Multi-Vamifier - Multi-Material mod of NoStage3's UnityAssetVamifier

This is a modification of NoStage3's UnityAssetVamifier (Thank You NoStage3!!!). It enables changes to be made uniquely for each material in a Custom Unity Asset. Some assets have a lot of materials, so it may be more practical to use the original UnityAssetVamifier in those cases. It does not include the "Colorize" function (I couldn't get this working, but I left the relevant code commented out, so if anyone wants to have a go at it, please do! :D).

ENJOY!!!

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Suggestion: Two tabs. The limited options of the original plugin first, to set the global values, a second tab to edit certain single materials being different from the global settings. Otherwise, if you want to set the (for instance) IBL for the whole environment, you have to go through all materials to change them.

Great plugin, I was waiting for something like that!

Suggestion: Two tabs. The limited options of the original plugin first, to set the global values, a second tab to edit certain single materials being different from the global settings. Otherwise, if you want to set the (for instance) IBL for the whole environment, you have to go through all materials to change them.

Great plugin, I was waiting for something like that!

Hi TTodby!

I think that is a good suggestion. I'd also like to try and collapse instance of the same material into a single instance (this would be better for performance as well). Right now, I load up some assets and see a million materials an just think "Nope." :D

I love the idea of this as I often wish I had better control over various pieces within a model, but I did notice that the labels of the materials seemed "off" from the correct ones. Like for a car...one would say tire and it would really be the body or something and then the next one down, listed as something else...would be the tire. And then some parts of the model had no label/sliders at all. I often port things using unity and was also wondering if, instead of breaking it down by how the model is created, could it go by unity materials instead? So if a model has 4 materials/shaders, that's all that would show up in the plugin?

I love the idea of this as I often wish I had better control over various pieces within a model, but I did notice that the labels of the materials seemed "off" from the correct ones. Like for a car...one would say tire and it would really be the body or something and then the next one down, listed as something else...would be the tire. And then some parts of the model had no label/sliders at all. I often port things using unity and was also wondering if, instead of breaking it down by how the model is created, could it go by unity materials instead? So if a model has 4 materials/shaders, that's all that would show up in the plugin?

Hi Dragontales! I agree, I'd prefer for it to be by material. This was a pretty quick mod of the existing Vamifier, which instances materials on a per-renderer basis. If textures are atlased (which is always a good idea in Unity), the same mat might get used across multiple renderers. I think that's why it ends up the way it does. If I can find time, I'm hoping to make some more changes and, at the very least as TToby suggests, add global modifiers. But I'd really like to use shared materials rather than instance each per renderer. But it's kind of far down on the list, right now :D

Hi,
ClockwiseSilver

Thanks for your plugin its great addition for VAM. (as just all your plugins :) ).

1) Can i somehow save all settings for your plugin couse without that with CUA with more parts and if u want it to be reused its rather useless .

2) Could you please add Color picker just like in orginal VAMiefier ? its one of the best thing for CUA.
3) Coulde youe add Save/Restore preset that could resolve 1) problem :) and would be great improvment for plugin :D

ClockwiseSilver updated Unity Asset Multi-Vamifier with a new update entry:

Better Support for Large Numbers of Materials

In an attempt to better handle assets with a lot of materials, I've added two new versions of the script.

UnityAssetMultiVamifierMat will create only one instance of each material in the scene. Previously, every use of a material generated a unique instance. In addition to making assets more manageable, this should have a positive impact on performance.

UnityAssetMultiVamifier will consolidate materials based on the name of their "Main Texture." This works better for some assets in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
@ClockwiseSilver

Thanks for your plugin its great addition for VAM. (as just all your plugins :) ).

1) Can i somehow save all settings for your plugin couse without that with CUA with more parts and if u want it to be reused its rather useless .

2) Could you please add Color picker just like in orginal VAMiefier ? its one of the best thing for CUA.
3) Coulde youe add Save/Restore preset that could resolve 1) problem :) and would be great improvment for plugin :D

Hi,
@ClockwiseSilver

Hi rabbit1qaz! A preset system might be possible, I'll deifnitely put it on my list of things to look into :) I tried to get the color picker to work but had some trouble with it. When I circle back to this plugin again I'll probably try again, so hopefully I'll get it working at some point!

Hi rabbit1qaz! A preset system might be possible, I'll deifnitely put it on my list of things to look into :) I tried to get the color picker to work but had some trouble with it. When I circle back to this plugin again I'll probably try again, so hopefully I'll get it working at some point!

I hope you find time to do that. i have few more complicted CUA and having to set it agin and again in new scenes is meh. :) (and very good thing with your plugin is that i can use it with Timeline and thus allowing part of cua to eg shining or changing "wetness" over time :)

Is there anything that can be done wrong when creating the CUA that would make this plugin have no effect? I don't even get a list of meshes/assets on the left side, or the sliders on the right side like shown... I use Macgruber's tutorial and Unity template to create my assetbundle... thanks in advance for any advice you may have

Im not sure, if anyone will answer this question, because i see a lot of unanswered questions.
But i,ll try anyway.
This amazing plugin does its work on some Assets and on some others i get the message, material skipped
and i can not use the plugin then for those.
Is there something i can do to solve this problem?

Is there anything that can be done wrong when creating the CUA that would make this plugin have no effect? I don't even get a list of meshes/assets on the left side, or the sliders on the right side like shown... I use Macgruber's tutorial and Unity template to create my assetbundle... thanks in advance for any advice you may have
Hi TooManyHats.

Just found out, that this plugin only works for me, when i save assets with the standard shader and rendering mode opaque.
If i have a 2-sided shader, a roughnessshader or transparent mode for rendering mode, the plugin will skipp the material then.
That may eventually be the problem, why nothing show up on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom