IK for Custom Unity Assets

Plugins IK for Custom Unity Assets

I've been using this for a long time. Recently I found it was a lot easier to animate a tentacle if the "head" was locked to the CUA atom. The effectors affecting the "tail" only. Precise positioning of the head is no longer reliant on the position of every effector working together.

By default all effectors are parented to the CUA atom, I undo this so they stay put when I move the CUA. It works great. But every time I load a saved scene, they've reverted to being parented to the CUA, breaking the animations. Any way around Is this kind of the same effect you get by editing the “weight” slider?
I’m confused by this. It seems like if I’m using creator’s assets that use this plugin they will function but if I try to add them to a CUA myself they just unlink when I save/reload.
Just messing around more and think I found where I was going wrong. I was renaming the ik atoms to make it easier to identify. It was breaking them. Now it works!

Just messing around more and think I found where I was going wrong. I was renaming the ik atoms to make it easier to identify. It was breaking them. Now it works!
Good you got it working. I've spent a long time messing with it since my post. What's been working really well for me is creating a subscene that the CUA and effectors are tied to. My problem with parenting undoing itself was solved by using the subscene atom as the parent.
What surprised me is it even worked if I loaded this subscene in a different scene. Even multiple instances of the same one.

Good you got it working. I've spent a long time messing with it since my post. What's been working really well for me is creating a subscene that the CUA and effectors are tied to. My problem with parenting undoing itself was solved by using the subscene atom as the parent.
What surprised me is it even worked if I loaded this subscene in a different scene. Even multiple instances of the same one.
Yeah, I went and checked your scene to see how you had it set up so I could do the same thing. I’m really shocked too, I was certain having more than one duplicate subscene would just break everything. I haven’t messed with the weight settings yet, but I’ll have to start screwing with that now that I got things going.
I’ve been running into issues with the cua vamifier plug-in, since Some creators make assets that need vamifier to look good; then you get screwed when you subscene it to use IKcuas because the asset just looks like crap. But thankfully your asset works fine without vamifier. Thanks for that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom