Timeline
I have no idea what goes wrong but I have a suggestion.
If you make a Collisiontrigger and set the atom to where you have the timeline plugin - then timeline plugin as target, and then "play" as the action - you could put that right at where the player start in the scene. Then the player would then trigger the animation at load.
You could do the same with a button if you want to start it manually.

It's a work around I know but I do this all the time because I can control everything. Someone else might have a better answer to your direct question.
Hey! Thank you so much! I’ll give it a shot!

I have no idea what goes wrong but I have a suggestion.
If you make a Collisiontrigger and set the atom to where you have the timeline plugin - then timeline plugin as target, and then "play" as the action - you could put that right at where the player start in the scene. Then the player would then trigger the animation at load.
You could do the same with a button if you want to start it manually.

It's a work around I know but I do this all the time because I can control everything. Someone else might have a better answer to your direct question.
I couldn’t get the collision triggers to work, but I think I figured out my problem…I had to turn on “play on load” for all of the layers, not just the main layer. Seems to work now!

@ilovebasilm it's on my (very very long) list ;)

@Virtual Voyeur that might be a bug but I'm not sure... as far as I can tell, on scene load it waits for loading to be finished and for the "confirm" panel to be closed, after which it should "play" anything that has "play on load". If you can make a simple scene that reproduces the problem, send it to me and I'll check it out :)

@ilovebasilm it's on my (very very long) list ;)

@Virtual Voyeur that might be a bug but I'm not sure... as far as I can tell, on scene load it waits for loading to be finished and for the "confirm" panel to be closed, after which it should "play" anything that has "play on load". If you can make a simple scene that reproduces the problem, send it to me and I'll check it out :)
Hey thanks so much for the reply! I actually figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn’t have all of the layers set to “play on load,” only the first layers. Seems to be working great now! Thanks again!

Is it possible to add the function of comparing video k-frames and divide one second into 30 frames as MMD does?

Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v5.3.1

- Do not record the release even when the animation recording completes
- Do not save non-pose morphs, hair and clothing references when saving a pose
- When adding a node, do not switch it to "on" automatically unless both rotation and position are off. Otherwise just show a warning.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey! Thanks for the amazing plugin.
Have you ever thought about adding a function that generates a random value (maybe with a customizable range) for morphs?
For example I put morphs at the beginning of a 5 sec animation but the value of the morphs is randomly generated each time the animation is played.
This is not possible at this time, correct?
This would give even more variaton to just a few animations.
Just an idea. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
Thanks for the plugin. There was an error in the sequence part of version v5.3.1. It seems that sequencing from group animations to other animations is not possible.

How does one remove all the False references caused by Timeline, it appears that the data from the looks gets transferred from eachother causing timeline/vam to think its still on.

Just for reference.
First image has all the old data on it, you could probably see it from the smaller scroll button.
That image has timeline 249/250 installed.
Screenshot 2022-02-16 154825.png

The second image is without timeline. To show that timeline carries unused mods. Scroll placement is the same.
But the mods above are different.
Screenshot 2022-02-16 155040.png

Any help is greatly appreciated, my resources are taking a toll on its dependencies.

Thank you!

@IAmAFox are you using Timeline poses? There was a bug in the previous version that would keep references to clothing and hair, as well as any morphs referenced. I suggest you update to the lastest Timeline, overwrite all poses (in Timeline) and save again. Sorry!

@IAmAFox are you using Timeline poses? There was a bug in the previous version that would keep references to clothing and hair, as well as any morphs referenced. I suggest you update to the lastest Timeline, overwrite all poses (in Timeline) and save again. Sorry!
Ah I see, okay how does one overwrite all poses? Is it in the Edit tab?

Thanks!

@IAmAFox yes, for each animation if it's written "Overwrite pose" then there's already a pose and you can overwrite it to get rid of those pesky references (IF that's the problem!), if it says "Save pose" then there's no pose and you can move on.

Another reason would be legitimate references by things animated in the Timeline instance, but I'd have to see the scene to tell you more.

You know a feature I'd love to see? While working today I realized that I make a lot of mistakes selecting the wrong controllers (lhand, rfoot, etc) on my atoms because the controller list in Timeline is always alphabetical. This might make sense for many things, but in my workflow, I tend to work in groups of things: I get hip/pelvis movement done, then adjust chest and head movement, then I make sure hands and feet go where I need them to go, and finish with indvidual controls like fingers, open/closed eyes when I "polish" an animation. Do you think it would be possible to allow rearranging the order (drag on drop, order they're added, etc) of the controller list so I can group things together?

So instead of this:

1645135634675.png

I would arrange it like this:

1645136058127.png

Just a fun future feature request, if you take those!

@vamurai this is related to other ideas I had to better organize targets, when I added fingers animation recording, I also added collapsible groups and only the selected ones still show up, but customizing the order also makes sense (as well as filtering). Ideas are always welcome, even though I can't do them all :D https://trello.com/c/gj9YYRJj/509-timeline-customize-order-of-targets

@IAmAFox yes, for each animation if it's written "Overwrite pose" then there's already a pose and you can overwrite it to get rid of those pesky references (IF that's the problem!), if it says "Save pose" then there's no pose and you can move on.

Another reason would be legitimate references by things animated in the Timeline instance, but I'd have to see the scene to tell you more.
The overwrite pose worked a charm. Thank you!

I've been attempting some animation transitions using sequencing and so far have had a
lot of fun figuring out how to use the tools. One thing I'm not sure of, and I'm not even sure if this issue is related to timeline; It's the cloth physics items, such as hair or clothing with physics. They re-load every time the animation transitions to a different animation. I've only been messing with VAM for a few months. I feel like this has something to do with the items' physics properties and therefore may not be a solvable issue. It's just too bad because I was just starting to gain momentum and than this problem came up.

I've been attempting some animation transitions using sequencing and so far have had a
lot of fun figuring out how to use the tools. One thing I'm not sure of, and I'm not even sure if this issue is related to timeline; It's the cloth physics items, such as hair or clothing with physics. They re-load every time the animation transitions to a different animation. I've only been messing with VAM for a few months. I feel like this has something to do with the items' physics properties and therefore may not be a solvable issue. It's just too bad because I was just starting to gain momentum and than this problem came up.

View attachment 99479
Wow, that's strange. I've personally never seen that problem, and I've used dozens of transitions in a scene before. I wonder, are you starting new animations with a pose you've saved to the first keyframe?

Yeah that was the problem @vamurai @Acid Bubbles I was saving keyframes in the beginning, not realizing that it was completely unnecessary. When I read your responses I went back and unchecked the box in the animations that I had checked it in, and everything came out smooth. Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom