• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Timeline
Acid Bubbles updated Timeline with a new update entry:

Timeline v5.1.0

- Motion capture import now uses 1000fps and has a slightly simpler implementation (hopefully will work better)
- Timeline will not save and restore the float params range along with the scene
- Backward compatibility fix; setting Animation while stopped did not use the value when using Play
- Reduce 3D curve memory usage and avoid collisions in some cases

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello God of the Masterfull Plugin :D I a question, is it possible to copy more than one keyframe at a time? In some scenes i repeat some keyframes, but dont want to loop them so i have to copy and paste them manually every few millisecs. Would it be possible to mark like 4 at onces and copy them? Or is it already possible and i'm just to stupid? :D

Hello God of the Masterfull Plugin :D I a question, is it possible to copy more than one keyframe at a time? In some scenes i repeat some keyframes, but dont want to loop them so i have to copy and paste them manually every few millisecs. Would it be possible to mark like 4 at onces and copy them? Or is it already possible and i'm just to stupid? :D
hold the control key when you click, pretty sure that's what you need

It's a little bit hidden, but it's there! I am working on a scene right now, so my screenshots won't be a fresh tutorial, but they should give you an overview of how to do it.

First, select the controllers you want to copy. In my example below, I have clicked on Hip and Pelvis (1), and you can tell because they both are light-colored instead of grey. Once you have all of the controllers selected that you want to copy, click on the More... button (2) and then click Bulk changes... (3)

1634970137262.png

Once you are in the bulk changes area, you need to choose how many keyframes you would like to copy by marking start and end values. You can use the sliders and they will automatically snap to times that exist in the controllers you have selected. In my example below, I have chosen the starting frame as 0.56 (1), and my ending frame at 1.72 (2). You can either just drag the sliders slowly left and right and count the "clicks", or you can select the keyframe dots in the timeline on the left to figure out exactly where those keyframes are. I have selected the keyframes at 1.72 (3) to show you what I mean. You can see the light-colored stripe when you click a keyframe dot, and the timer above will tell you exactly where it exists, time-wise.

You'll also note that it will tell you how many keyframes you are selecting in each controller. In my example below, you can see that I am selecting four keyframes in both the hipControl and pelvisControl (4). Those are the four keyframes starting at 0.56 and ending at 1.72. (Sorry my numbers aren't nice and even! The animation I am working on is timed to music. It turns out that at 70bpm, a half-measure is about 1.72 seconds long.) ;)

1634969957011.png

Once you've got the range of keyframes you want to copy, simply click on the Copy frame(s) button (5). Then head back over to your timeline, choose a time you'd like to paste the keyframes, and click the Paste frame(s) button (5) to paste them.

Hopefully that is enough to get you by! Let me know if you have more questions!

Hmm, I've never considered making the animation numbers "easy" and then adjusting to the bpm. I'm a little too far along in my current scene for that, but I like the idea! I might have to give that a shot.

Most of my animation now I just get really accurate with the exact timing and leave the adjustment at 1x. The "zoom" function in the latest version of Timeline has been a godsend! I can't thank you enough for it.

Timeline v5.1.1

- Show sequencing info in Animations tab
- Fix missing animation set when creating anim with carry settings
- Fix "Crop/Extend at (begin)" keeping the very first frame (this was by design but is unintuitive)
- Fix split at scrubber not populating the second animation with the remainder triggers
- Fix restore min/max range not working for morphs
- Fix increase range behavior on morphs using "10x" instead of "Increase"
- Fix import mocap resize toggle ignored

Hello, m8!
You`ve made one of the best plugins indeed!
I have a little question depending randomizing:
I have 1 layer of legs animation, there are 4 animations inside: 1)Simple foot shake; 2) Leg stretch + a little foot play; 3) Separate animation for foot play; 4) Leg going to rest like in animation No1.
What I want to do - I want to randomize things like that: Start of animation (or almost idle) - animation 1; then it goes to animation 2. After that I want to randomize - for example maybe it goes to animation 3 (and animation 3 might loop or not); but maybe it is not and goes straight to animation 4.
Is it possible?
Sorry for poor English.
Thanks a lot!

Hi @degrader !

You can use animation groups and randomized time to do that. For example:

Start -> FootPlay/*
FootPlay/1 -> FootPlay/*
FootPlay/2 -> FootPlay/*
FootPlay/3 -> FootPlay/*
FootPlay/Exit -> Next
Next

In this case you can adjust the FootPlay/Exit randomize weight to increase or decrease chances it'll exit once in the loop, and you can also configure a variable time for each animation.

The secret here is the "/" which creates a new "next animation" in the Sequence tab with "Prefix/*".

How do i crop a sequence at the beginning of a recorded animation? I understand that by design the first frame is intentionally kept, but usually when I do a record animation there's some idle time at the beginning of the sequence, right now I'm copying and pasting into a new animation but was wondering if there's an easier way to do this.

Thanks.

Hello, is it possible to "hide" targets not currently selected/active in the timeline? It'd be nice to only see the ones I have added and not all of them at once or an option to change the colour of the currently used targets so that way you'll know which ones are apart of your animation (purple or something) and which ones are not. (green/red, etc.)

Great work on this and everything you do btw

Hello, is it possible to "hide" targets not currently selected/active in the timeline? It'd be nice to only see the ones I have added and not all of them at once or an option to change the colour of the currently used targets so that way you'll know which ones are apart of your animation (purple or something) and which ones are not. (green/red, etc.)

Great work on this and everything you do btw
If by targets, you mean the green/red control nodes for atoms, yes, there is an option in the user preferences to toggle the inactive (red) nodes visibility.
Timeline targets specifcally, no.

I mean I don't know if that's something I can do. VaM does a lot of "auto-repair", which means changes done by scripts often gets overwritten by VaM right away. But I didn't actually check, if it's possible I'll consider it :)

Timeline v5.2.0

- Fix multiple randomized group weight issues (old scenes loading with value 0, slider disabled when Next Animation is not set to a group, and other smaller problems)
- Fix Previous/Next (keybindings and storables) ignoring animations order changes
- Fix removing the animation name group not actually removing the group behind the scenes
- Fix record markers showing before the countdown
- Fix animation pattern not scrubbing in sync (make sure loop is enabled on your animation pattern)
- Fix...

Hello. No timeline I use ever works. I can't figure it out for the life of me. For example the ellie's front scene. it's loads in and the two are just stationary. The timeline plugins are shown in red. any ideas to help me out?

I'd suggest looking at the error log first @fallout116 - you might not have the Timeline plugin in the right folder, or it might be of the wrong type (e.g. downloaded as .zip instead of .var), corrupted, etc. etc. The error log should give more info, hopefully :)

Error log button:
1641095827766.png

You might have a lot of problems if you don't take care of making sure you get all .var dependencies, so you can Clear the logs before loading a faulty scene.

You can also validate that Timeline is correctly installed by opening the package manager:
1641095883688.png
and see that Acidbubbles.Timeline.248 is indeed in the list.

got it. it was b/c i had the vam folder buried on my computer. is there a way i can make it understand or tell it where the folder path is?

In the new version, the right hand often freezes so that it can no longer be moved. I'm going back to 247 because this problem happens a lot?

There is absolutely something wrong with this timeline. The right hand often freezes, and then bones can no longer be moved and occasionally there are objects like a magnet that won't let go of the body, I haven't had such big problems with the timeline as with this issue, I urgently need to close again 247 back because I can't create anything properly anymore, I hope you find the bugs for this great plugin

@Stephan I'll need something to reproduce, I can't see anything in my tests and there's no animation runtime code that changed... maybe there are triggers that might not run exactly as they were? If you look at the logs, do you see anything different between 247 and 248? I'll definitely fix it if something's broken, but I'll need more info. The best thing for me would be a way to reproduce (step by step) or a scene in which I can see how 247 and 248 behave differently.

@Stephan Ich brauche etwas zum Reproduzieren, ich kann in meinen Tests nichts sehen und es hat sich kein Animationslaufzeitcode geändert... vielleicht gibt es Trigger, sterben möglicherweise nicht genau so ausgeführt werden, wie sie sind Krieg? Wenn Sie sich die Protokolle ansehen, sehen Sie zwischen 247 und 248 einen Unterschied? Ich werde es auf jeden Fall kaputt machen, wenn etwas kaputt ist, aber ich brauche mehr Informationen. Das Beste für mich wäre eine Reproduktion (Schritt für Schritt) oder eine Szene, in der ich sehen kann, wie sich 247 und 248 unterschiedliches Verhalten.
[/ZITIEREN]

Ja, das verstehe ich und schaue mal, was ich dir genau schicken kann. Ich habe jetzt 247 neu installiert und die Szene im selben Raum neu erstellt und mit 247 funktioniert es einwandfrei. Bei 248 bleiben manchmal die Armen hängen wie ein Magnet manchmal can man einen Knochen gar nicht mehr bewegen und dann wollte ich, wie in 247 selbst VR-Brille aufgesetzt, sie fliegen einem um den Kopf, versuch das gleiche nochmal mit 247 und alles ist Darm. Bei 247 keine Probleme, bei 248 waren es 3 Stück die ich hatte. die Timeline ist Weltklasse, Vam wäre nichts

Back
Top Bottom