Timeline
Does anyone have any idea what that could be. The timeline no longer starts Version 250 251 252 only version 249 I've tried everything even reinstalled Vam but the timeline no longer works

Does anyone have any idea what that could be. The timeline no longer starts Version 250 251 252 only version 249 I've tried everything even reinstalled Vam but the timeline no longer works
Do you receive any error messages? Have you tried re-adding the version you want to your scene?

Do you receive any error messages? Have you tried re-adding the version you want to your scene?

Hi. Absolutely no error messages and it's every scene that stops playing with the timeline. If I press individually, the person doesn't move when I press play and that for every scene. Even a completely new Vam version is always the same, I'm at a loss I've never had anything like this before

Hi. Absolutely no error messages and it's every scene that stops playing with the timeline. If I press individually, the person doesn't move when I press play and that for every scene. Even a completely new Vam version is always the same, I'm at a loss I've never had anything like this before
Strange. I'll throw out a couple obvious ones, just to make sure:

Freeze Motion/Sound is unchecked, I assume?

1645826904376.png

Check in your package manager:

1645826931523.png

Find timeline in the list on the left and make sure you haven't disabled it ("Always Enable" should probably be checked, and not "Always Disable.")

1645826954460.png

Check those first and if it's not that, we can kick around some other ideas.

View attachment 100907

View attachment 100908

Find timeline in the list on the left and make sure you haven't disabled it ("Always Enable" should probably be checked, and not "Always Disable.")

View attachment 100909

It was actually disabled for me. Could that have been the mistake? I have activated that now. It probably came up at some point, although I'm sure I never deactivated it. I hope you could understand me otherwise as my English is not perfect. In any case, I would like to thank you in advance for your great help

@Stephan typically you don't have to reinstall VaM. Do you have a scene that doesn't work? Otherwise, you can try the Timeline Diagnostics: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Diagnostics-screen or try with Logging: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Logging-screen

Another possibility is the speed being set to zero, but it's pure guesses without a way to reproduce.

I'll try that, thanks for your help. sometimes i think it's because of certain assets, i.e. certain rooms or rooms where something isn't right

View attachment 100907

View attachment 100908

View attachment 100909

It's always disabled when I restart Vam. it is not saved ?

It's always disabled when I restart Vam. it is not saved ?
Since you reinstalled, maybe check to make sure you still have Plugins enabled in VaM? In the Main UI, go to User Preferences and then Security, and make sure you have the Plugin acknowledgement checked. I'm not sure what else would cause VaM to not save your preferences in the Package Manager.

1645871855641.png

Since you reinstalled, maybe check to make sure you still have Plugins enabled in VaM? In the Main UI, go to User Preferences and then Security, and make sure you have the Plugin acknowledgement checked. I'm not sure what else would cause VaM to not save your preferences in the Package Manager.

View attachment 100989

Hello, I found the error but it keeps coming back. The hack freeze motion is set again and again every time Vam is started. I take the hoe out and restart vam is it back in? and that's why the timeline is not running. If I take the chop out, the timeline runs immediately

View attachment 100989

Attachments

• Freeze.PNG
    Freeze.PNG
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
Hello, I found the error but it keeps coming back. The hack freeze motion is set again and again every time Vam is started. I take the hoe out and restart vam is it back in? and that's why the timeline is not running. If I take the chop out, the timeline runs immediately
Maybe check your Misc tab in the same preferences area and make sure auto freeze is not checked?

1645998155855.png

I feel like there are also Session Plugins that might automatically always set this option. Double-check that you aren't loading any session plugins by default:

1645998287975.png

If you are, remove them, then go to Session Plugin Presets, choose "Change User Defaults" and then "Set Current as User Defaults."

1645998353095.png

Maybe check your Misc tab in the same preferences area and make sure auto freeze is not checked?

View attachment 101354

I feel like there are also Session Plugins that might automatically always set this option. Double-check that you aren't loading any session plugins by default:

View attachment 101355

If you are, remove them, then go to Session Plugin Presets, choose "Change User Defaults" and then "Set Current as User Defaults."

View attachment 101356

I checked everything and there was indeed a plugin in there which always loaded, I removed that one and did everything as they told me. However, every scene I load has Freeze Motion Sound enabled. I'm so fed up with it now that I'm almost giving up. I had already written to Mate about it but didn't get an answer, although I've been a supporter for a good 2 years. But I am incredibly grateful to them for their kind help so far, thank you very much

I checked everything and there was indeed a plugin in there which always loaded, I removed that one and did everything as they told me. However, every scene I load has Freeze Motion Sound enabled. I'm so fed up with it now that I'm almost giving up. I had already written to Mate about it but didn't get an answer, although I've been a supporter for a good 2 years. But I am incredibly grateful to them for their kind help so far, thank you very much
I'm no one official, just trying to help! I'm not sure what else it could be, but I'll keep kicking around ideas. At least it's an easy box to uncheck if needed!

Yeah I'm not sure either :( I've been severely limited in my time recently, but I'm sure it's something obvious that we're missing :)
I agree. There's gotta be something simple we're overlooking. I will put some more thought into this tomorrow. Please don't give up yet, Stephan!

I wonder if there's another plugin that might be causing it. For example, I see in the UIAssist plugin, a line from one of the updates says: "Options to force disable the "Freeze Physics on Grab" options when loading a new scene or adding a new person." I'm not trying to call out UIAssist as a culprit, just wondering if this or another plugin could be the cause. It might be worth emptying your plugin folder (just move it to another location temporarily) to see if VaM stops checking that box.

I think we've chewed up enough of the Timeline thread. Maybe start a new forum thread so others might spot your problem. Perhaps someone else has dealt with this problem already!

Überprüfen Sie vielleicht Ihre Auswahl "Verschiedenes" im selben Einstellungsbereich und stellen Sie sicher, dass das automatische Einfrieren nicht aktiviert ist.

[ANLAGE]101354[/ANLAGE]

Ich habe das Gefühl, dass es auch Sitzungs-Plugins gibt, sterben diese Option automatisch immer setzen. Standardmäßig Sie sich, dass Sie standardmäßig keine Sitzungs-Plug-ins laden:

[ANLAGE]101355[/ANLAGE]

Wenn dies der Fall ist, entfernen Sie sie, gehen Sie dann zu Sitzungs-Plug-in-Voreinstellungen, wählen Sie „Benutzer-Standardeinstellungen ändern“ und dann „Aktuelle als Benutzer-Standardeinstellungen festlegen“.

[ANLAGE]101356[/ANLAGE]
[/ZITIEREN]
I wonder if there's another plugin that might be causing it. For example, I see in the UIAssist plugin, a line from one of the updates says: "Options to force disable the "Freeze Physics on Grab" options when loading a new scene or adding a new person." I'm not trying to call out UIAssist as a culprit, just wondering if this or another plugin could be the cause. It might be worth emptying your plugin folder (just move it to another location temporarily) to see if VaM stops checking that box.

I think we've chewed up enough of the Timeline thread. Maybe start a new forum thread so others might spot your problem. Perhaps someone else has dealt with this problem already!

I'll try everything you wrote me. I also hope that Mate reports about this problem. Thank you again for your kind help. When the problem is solved, I'll write to you why LG Stephan

I'll try everything you wrote me. I also hope that Mate reports about this problem. Thank you again for your kind help. When the problem is solved, I'll write to you why LG Stephan

Do you have this problem in an empty scene + person w/ timeline + light? This really doesn't seem like a timeline problem to me and sounds like an issue with an interaction with another plugin. I've seen this issue occur often with audiomate specifically.

First off, great plugin, working with it for a couple weeks and am really happy with the results.

Now I really struggle with this one problem: Instant animation changes.
I want to have a scene reset button that instantly resets to my default idle animation without physics interacting with the character. The funny part is, I achieved it in another scene by accident.

I just can't get the instant switching working in another scene anymore, even if I exactly replicate everything. (Same edit and sequence settings on the animation, same physics settings on the character).

Edit:
I'm an idiot. Like 2 min after posting this I found the solution. For everyone else wondering:
Go to edit animation, mark the targets on the first keyframe in the animation -> Save pose and tick the box at "Apply pose on transition".

Voila, instant animation position changes.

Last edited:
Go to Edit animation, mark the targets of in the first keyframe of the animation -> Save pose and tick the box at "Apply pose on transition.

Voila, instant animation position changes.
I personally would also have the animation reset before the re-enabling of collision, but that's just how it works in my animations. Your animation may be different.

I personally would also have the animation reset before the re-enabling of collision, but that's just how it works in my animations. Your animation may be different.
I haven't noticed a difference in my scene, but thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom