Timeline
1. is there a morph for "tongue in out" in timeline? Cant find it.
2. any chance on including a button "delete all animations" in an animation?

Last edited:
Maybe because it wasn't maked as "fav"?

You can either show them all in Control & Physics 1:

1651452759045.png

Or mark individual morphs as "fav" in the Morphs tab, then they'll show up under the geometry storable (that's VaM, not Timeline generating that list).

You can also delete all animations in More, Advanced keyframe tools, Delete all animations :)

Thank you so much, that's it! Didn't know about the favs 👍
Also didn't know the second point. You the best! 🙏

@Acid Bubbles - Opened an issue on your Git as well, but I noticed yesterday that the "Random Group Weight" doesn't seem to be restoring on scene save/load for animations. I have a few that I don't want to be considered when sequencing a group of random movements, so I set their values to "0", which works fine while the scene is loaded. But once I save and re-open the scene, the values are set back to 1. Thoughts?

I think "0" might fallback to "1" (i.e. it's considered as "not set"), to be honest I didn't consider this as a valid case ;) I'll take a look later for v6, but in the meantime you can probably use groups instead. See https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Blending-and-Sequencing#animation-groups

In short you can select a subset of animations to randomize into, and have this other animation outside of the group. For example, mystuff/1, mystuff/2, mystuff/3 and someotheranimation.

I think "0" might fallback to "1" (i.e. it's considered as "not set"), to be honest I didn't consider this as a valid case ;) I'll take a look later for v6, but in the meantime you can probably use groups instead. See https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Blending-and-Sequencing#animation-groups

In short you can select a subset of animations to randomize into, and have this other animation outside of the group. For example, mystuff/1, mystuff/2, mystuff/3 and someotheranimation.

Gotcha, I'll take a look at trying that.

I did a bit more tinkering, and as I'm guessing you're aware now, the issue is with it not saving when the value is 0, versus not loading. Minor difference, but makes sense with what you're saying.

Hi, I'm getting the following error whenever loading a scene which includes timeline, breaking most scenes :/

Compile of AcidBubbles.Timeline.252:/Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/VamTimeline.AtomAnimation.cslist failed. Errors:
!> [CS1061]: Type `PhysicsSimulator' does not contain a definition for `pauseSimulation' and no extension method `pauseSimulation' of type `PhysicsSimulator' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [177, 35]
#
Tried reinstalling Timeline, different versions, unpacking the .Var, and not sure what I can do apart from complete VAM reinstall :/

You don't have the latest VaM version, try running the updated (or if you did, maybe there was a problem updating). This error means the VaM code in which Timeline is loaded is not up to date.

Firstly thank you. Made my first scene with your plugin. Now in my second scene I have the problem that sequencing does not work.
-All animations for all atoms have the same name, Anim 1> Anim 2...
-Animation legths are same for all animation across all atoms
-''Play next ''anim x'' is enabled for all animations across all atoms
-''Play next x seconds'' is set to 0
It feels like I'm missing something very simple but couldn't get my head around it for two days now.
All 3 atoms are Person atoms.
Here is a picture of the sequence tab
Timeline.jpg

Hi @ispinox ! I think the problem is "play next in", this value means "in how much time should the next animation play", if you set it to "0 seconds" it means "don't play the next one" (it would also be logical to say that zero means just play the next one immediately I guess but 0 seconds is treated as "no value" here). I imagine you didn't _mean_ to set this to zero?

Also, there's a toggle called "master", you can use that to only have one atom having the sequencing, atoms with the master toggle set to on will send a message to all other atoms and any other atoms with same-name animation will trigger.

Th
Hi @ispinox ! I think the problem is "play next in", this value means "in how much time should the next animation play", if you set it to "0 seconds" it means "don't play the next one" (it would also be logical to say that zero means just play the next one immediately I guess but 0 seconds is treated as "no value" here). I imagine you didn't _mean_ to set this to zero?

Also, there's a toggle called "master", you can use that to only have one atom having the sequencing, atoms with the master toggle set to on will send a message to all other atoms and any other atoms with same-name animation will trigger.
Thank you. I thought that means there is a pause between animations if I set that value to something other than 0.
One last question if you don't mind.

Can you set instant reposition for every animation beginning? So far it only works when the animation is stopped and I toggle manually between them.

Example.
-Anim 1: person is at spot A.
-Anim 2: Instant reposition > the same person should be at spot B.
There are objects in her way and and she's also facing the wrong direction which causes even more problems.

Last edited:
I think i've run into a bug? I was animating a scene where two people are holding hands. And I wanted their hands to stay linked during a motion from one of their laps to the couch. So I temporarily parented the ones persons hand to the others. And move them into the positions. I then unparented it afterwards. Now, no matter what I do, the person (that I parented their hand to the others) now gets launched across the screen everytime I play that part. I've deleted all frames infront and behind, and on the original spot that the issue is occuring. However no matter what I do, It appears to be permanently fkd. I'm' thinking now i have to redo the entire 1min animation... T_T

EDIT: Okay, *phew* I deleted the surrounding frames, saved, and restarted VaM, then reloaded scene. The weirdness seems to be gone.

Last edited:
@3rdStoryline yeaaah this is a tricky one. Timeline records relative animations, so if you switch parent, the keyframes won't change but what they move relative to will... if you want to do "temporary" parenting, I suggest using Timeline's built-in parenting instead, which allows blending between a parent and another, as well as keeping things in sync a little bit like CUAParentHold. Open the Controller panel on the right of the Targets tab, there you can set a parent only for this specific animation (you cannot have parenting just for a part of an animation though).

@3rdStoryline yeaaah this is a tricky one. Timeline records relative animations, so if you switch parent, the keyframes won't change but what they move relative to will... if you want to do "temporary" parenting, I suggest using Timeline's built-in parenting instead, which allows blending between a parent and another, as well as keeping things in sync a little bit like CUAParentHold. Open the Controller panel on the right of the Targets tab, there you can set a parent only for this specific animation (you cannot have parenting just for a part of an animation though).
Oh Interesting.
I did make an animation the other day, where one atom had their hand parented to anothers thigh, and I made a trigger that would unparent from the thigh(switching to hold), and do an animation, and then return to the thigh, and trigger it to parent to the thigh again. It actually worked out really well. But in this case the thigh wasn't set to Hold. It was only being moved around by physics. But it effectively let me unparent and reparent during the animation. I assume its due to the thigh being off hold, not being controlled by anything in particular.

Yeah On/Hold/Lock are pretty much the same, Off will not be controlled by timeline, and Parent will affect Timeline's keyframes. Physics link doesn't work with Timeline.

Here's where the button is btw:
1654532218252.png

Yeah On/Hold/Lock are pretty much the same, Off will not be controlled by timeline, and Parent will affect Timeline's keyframes. Physics link doesn't work with Timeline.

Here's where the button is btw:
View attachment 128471
I feel pretty silly now. I didn't even realize those were drop down menus xD At a glance I thought that V was indicating its animation curve type or something xD

Oh Interesting.
I did make an animation the other day, where one atom had their hand parented to anothers thigh, and I made a trigger that would unparent from the thigh(switching to hold), and do an animation, and then return to the thigh, and trigger it to parent to the thigh again. It actually worked out really well. But in this case the thigh wasn't set to Hold. It was only being moved around by physics. But it effectively let me unparent and reparent during the animation. I assume its due to the thigh being off hold, not being controlled by anything in particular.

Can you describe this more? I'd like to be able to have one figure move an appendage (arm/hand - leg/foot) toward another figure, who will then grasp that appendage - then have physics make the grasping appendage follow the movements of the grasped one. Acid Bubbles makes it sound like Timeline is incapable of doing this - but it sounds like that is what you achieved. Did you parent in Timeline or did you parent in VAM control & physics tabs - and what did you use to create the trigger to enable the attach-detach if so? I was trying to go about it in this latter manner - and couldn't figure out how to make a trigger to parent/de-parent a particular controller to another like this.

Part of the problem is that it is complex to even describe.

@PiddlyD actually it can, here's how I usually do it. Note that grabbing must be animation, and while the limb is held, it must be another animation.

Grabbing animation: The hand move to e.g. the wrist of the other person atom. The other person atom's hand is animated. Sequence to Grabbed.
Grabbed animation: The other person's hand parent is changed to the first person's hand: https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Controller-settings-screen#parenting

Now when you play Grabbing, the #1's hand will move toward #2's hand, and blend into animation Grabbed, in which #2's hand is animated relative to #1's by parenting. Using this technique you could also animate things like resistance.

That makes sense. I'd have to trim my current animation, add an animation on the other figure, then a new animation just for the portion where I wanted one joint/controller parented to the other, then a last animation releasing the parenting.

I was just being lazy - although the lazy way worked in the scope of the scene I'm trying to create. I'm learning - and eventually will probably rewrite the entire scene with better logic from the ground up as I learn more.

Technically it would make sense to have both parented and unparented animations, and simply scale towards one or the other in the same animation, but hey, I'm all along doing Timeline so I do take some simpler approaches sometimes :D

Back
Top Bottom