Staff member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
ashauryn
Here are a few previously-reported issues (or known limitations) that are currently under investigation, or a fix is currently in development:

• Potential issue regarding reactions scores not calculating correctly after the recent Hub upgrade (under investigation)
  • Secondary license not displaying correctly on Hub once PC EA period has ended (not a bug, some older resources are missing secondary license info)
  • Potential issue when trying to sort resources by Rating (not a bug - ratings are sorted by weight, not count)
  • Duplicate "Dependency Usage" notifications being sent in certain circumstances (bug identified - fix in development)
  • "Dependency Usage" notifications being sent to wrong author in certain circumstances (bug identified - fix in development)
  • Users unable to undelete previous versions of a resource once they are deleted (feature request, not a bug)
  • Users unable to delete most recent version to revert to a previous version (feature request, not a bug)
  • Shift-enter line breaks in the text editor cause weird issues when copy/pasting text (bug identified - no eta yet on fix)
  • "Dependency Usage" notifications being sent when a resource is deleted
  • "Dependency Usage" notifications being sent erroneously when a resource is hosted off-site
  • Hub-hosted tag not appearing in certain circumstances

Last edited:
UPDATE

Fixed:
  • Duplicate dependency usage notifications for the same resource in certain circumstances
  • Dependency usage notifications being sent to the wrong author in certain circumstances
Fix Soon:
  • Wrong numbers in dependency usage tab due to incorrect vars being attached by user

Hey Team, 😊 great work on all the fixes and upgrades! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this? I'm hoping it can please be added to the list
I received an alert to a Media item reaction that was in an Album that I had deleted>
mediaitem2.PNG

mediaitem1.PNG

A few months ago I deleted a bunch of albums that I felt were outdated, but it seems users can still access the individual Media items. I thought that if I delete the "Albums" that the "Media' in the "Albums" would be deleted from the hub.

I'm not sure how the user came to find the image, as it is not accessible in my "Media' or "Albums" Profile tabs or the "General Albums" or "General Items" pages, maybe it was found through the "Random Media" section.
mediaitem3.PNG

I'm hoping there is a way to permanently delete the "Media" from my deleted "Albums", so they cannot be viewed on the hub. When I deleted the "Albums" they were removed from my profile so I have no way to access the "Media" to delete them individually (other than the link I got from the "Emily Doll" alert)

Thank you💗

Last edited:
Hey Team, 😊 great work on all the fixes and upgrades! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this? I'm hoping it can please be added to the list
I received an alert to a Media item reaction that was in an Album that I had deleted> View attachment 305702

View attachment 305703

A few months ago I deleted a bunch of albums that I felt were outdated, but it seems users can still access the individual Media items. I thought that if I delete the "Albums" that the "Media' in the "Albums" would be deleted from the hub.

I'm not sure how the user came to find the image, as it is not accessible in my "Media' or "Albums" Profile tabs or the "General Albums" or "General Items" pages, maybe it was found through the "Random Media" section.
View attachment 305713

I'm hoping there is a way to permanently delete the "Media" from my deleted "Albums", so they cannot be viewed on the hub. When I deleted the "Albums" they were removed from my profile so I have no way to access the "Media" to delete them individually (other than the link I got from the "Emily Doll" alert)

Thank you💗

Yikes! This is an old bug that was fixed, but the big updates to the Hub might have "un-fixed" it. Thanks for the report!

@AshAuryn I don't know if this bug has been reported, but when a resource references its current or past version as a dependency, it results in the resource being displayed as non-hub hosted. I don't know when the dependency issue occurred again in my scene. Although it was confirmed that all dependencies are on the hub, I checked these dependencies themselves... After studying, I discovered this problem.

As an example, this resource has itself listed in its own dependencies, which then causes it to be displayed as non-hub hosted.

_[~4UHA`0]C0FDYOKGVW9]8.png

However, I also checked other resources that reference it and found that this problem does not always occur. (This seems illogical because if the resource itself is judged as non-hub hosted, then all other resources should be affected as well.) So, I did a search and found another example:

ULLUY6_~`0}MWQZ`U4]BPPX.png

In the example above, the resource does not have many dependencies, and after checking them one by one, I confirmed that they are all correctly displayed as hub hosted, with the only exception being its reference to itself.

Therefore, from what is apparent, it can be almost certain that referencing itself causes the issue, perhaps due to some changes you made recently? Because this was not the case before.

Additionally, two resources released by @Sally Whitemane and @MonsterShinkai in the past few days have encountered puzzling hub-hosted issues, for which we cannot find the possible causes from our end...

Additionally, two resources released by @Sally Whitemane and @MonsterShinkai in the past few days have encountered puzzling hub-hosted issues, for which we cannot find the possible causes from our end...

We are aware of the issue and actively working on a fix.

MonsterShinkai has no issues.

Imani's issue is not a bug.

https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/dependencies-not-all-on-hub-and-hub-hosted-var-broken.46859/

@AshAuryn I don't know if this bug has been reported, but when a resource references its current or past version as a dependency, it results in the resource being displayed as non-hub hosted. I don't know when the dependency issue occurred again in my scene. Although it was confirmed that all dependencies are on the hub, I checked these dependencies themselves... After studying, I discovered this problem.

As an example, this resource has itself listed in its own dependencies, which then causes it to be displayed as non-hub hosted.

View attachment 308024

However, I also checked other resources that reference it and found that this problem does not always occur. (This seems illogical because if the resource itself is judged as non-hub hosted, then all other resources should be affected as well.) So, I did a search and found another example:

View attachment 308025

In the example above, the resource does not have many dependencies, and after checking them one by one, I confirmed that they are all correctly displayed as hub hosted, with the only exception being its reference to itself.

Therefore, from what is apparent, it can be almost certain that referencing itself causes the issue, perhaps due to some changes you made recently? Because this was not the case before.

I could not reproduce this in a test environment. It is unlikely that this has anything to do with using your own content as a dependency.

Please understand, the code for determining Hub Hosted status is complex and only exists on our server, not available to the public. There is no way for you to "test" and discover the problem. The best thing you can do for us is report here if you find a resource that you think should be "Hub Hosted" and is not. Speculating on the cause may cause rumors to be spread and cause creators to needlessly alter their packages.

UPDATE

Fixed:
  • Sorting by "Hosted Option" in-game was not filtering items correctly
  • Some resources in-game were appearing as "Dependencies not all on Hub" erroneously

View attachment 308024

View attachment 308025

I have researched this, and the issue is not the "referencing itself".

The issue in @MacGruber 's "Secret Room" is that it specifically requires Version 1 of VL_13's Bodysuit, however, version 1 is an off-site link to VL_13's Patreon, and so the file is not actually hosted.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/bodysuit_a.1126/history

For a quick fix, MacGruber could change the required version to ".latest" and post an update.

In general though, there seems to be an issue where Resources with externally-linked packages are not being filtered out when determining Hub Hosted status. I would think the proper behavior would be:
`IF version 1 is required, AND version 1 is externally-linked, THEN find most recent active hub-hosted version instead`

View attachment 308025

I think what happened here is that @hirohiro uploaded "hirohiro.erika_scene" first, and "hirohiro.erika" second. It should be the other way around, I believe. @hirohiro probably will need to upload a new version, and make sure to attach the "hirohiro.erika" file first, then attach the "erika_scene" file second.

Apologies for any confusion and panic created, it was not intentional. It’s just that lately, so many people have encountered issues that seem similar on the surface, but seem to have different causes. The new Var Health Check tool you are developing looks very promising and seems like it could help us solve the majority of these problems, instead of blindly spending a lot of time guessing where the issue lies. Before we can use it, if you have the time, could you help me check what’s wrong with my resource issue?

But this is not urgent; you can attend to other matters first. I will be making a significant update to it soon and will go through the dependency list again.

Thank you.

Apologies for any confusion and panic created, it was not intentional. It’s just that lately, so many people have encountered issues that seem similar on the surface, but seem to have different causes. The new Var Health Check tool you are developing looks very promising and seems like it could help us solve the majority of these problems, instead of blindly spending a lot of time guessing where the issue lies. Before we can use it, if you have the time, could you help me check what’s wrong with my resource issue?

But this is not urgent; you can attend to other matters first. I will be making a significant update to it soon and will go through the dependency list again.

Thank you.
I found the problem. It has 153 dependencies.
;)

Just kidding. I will take a look. 💕

Thank you.

The dependency causing the issue is "Sally.SallySoundFX". It appears there was some error finding that dependency when you updated your resource. Try changing the dependency in the meta.json to `Sally.SallySoundFX.latest` and save VaMProduce69's var as a new version, then update your resource with the new version.

@AshAuryn we do appreciate all you're doing for the hub. As I understand it, you're being paid to do this, but you really are going above and beyond. If I was a manager writing your review, it would read, "Ash has demonstrated patience, persistence and technical skill that continues to impress." 👏

Just as a note, SecretRoom is not referencing itself, it's a resource that consists of two VARs. One is the actual asset with little or no dependencies and another one is a demo scene which then depends on the first (and a bunch of other stuff). The website doesn't diplay this well, it's shown in a better way within VaM's hub-browser. This was hub-hosted at the time of upload by the way...I guess VL_13 took the old version offline after uploading a new one 🤷‍♂️

@AshAuryn I can publish a fix, might be a while until I have the time.

Just as a note, SecretRoom is not referencing itself, it's a resource that consists of two VARs. One is the actual asset with little or no dependencies and another one is a demo scene which then depends on the first (and a bunch of other stuff). The website doesn't diplay this well, it's shown in a better way within VaM's hub-browser. This was hub-hosted at the time of upload by the way...I guess VL_13 took the old version offline after uploading a new one 🤷‍♂️

@AshAuryn I can publish a fix, might be a while until I have the time.

No problem. I'm working on a way to fix these specific types of issues on our end.

I think what happened here is that @hirohiro uploaded "hirohiro.erika_scene" first, and "hirohiro.erika" second. It should be the other way around, I believe. @hirohiro probably will need to upload a new version, and make sure to attach the "hirohiro.erika" file first, then attach the "erika_scene" file second.
Thanks to Shadow Venom and AshAuryn for directly addressing this issue that has been on my mind lately.:)
I feel like I was able to upload without worrying about the order in the past, but if the solution mentioned by AshAuryn is permanent, creators need to understand that.
I will keep an eye on this matter for a while.

I don't know if this is a known issue, but I used to make sure I read everything but now that "your resource was used" is also an alert, it's hard to track :D (Mostly "Your content is being used as a dependency" messages)

1700615459105.png

I don't think there's a setting for specifically this here: https://hub.virtamate.com/account/preferences#alerts

I don't know if this is a known issue, but I used to make sure I read everything but now that "your resource was used" is also an alert, it's hard to track :D (Mostly "Your content is being used as a dependency" messages)

View attachment 308662

I don't think there's a setting for specifically this here: https://hub.virtamate.com/account/preferences#alerts

Yeah, way to spammy to be useful. However, there is the "Receive dependency alerts" checkbox you can use.

The dependency causing the issue is "Sally.SallySoundFX". It appears there was some error finding that dependency when you updated your resource. Try changing the dependency in the meta.json to `Sally.SallySoundFX.latest` and save VaMProduce69's var as a new version, then update your resource with the new version.

This has now been fixed, along with any other resources that had this issue.

Back
Top Bottom