Official In Development - Known Issues

UPDATE

Fixed:
  • Hub-Hosted status not appearing in certain circumstances when it appeared that all dependencies were downloadable from the Hub

I suspect the Your content is being used as a dependency-notification is also triggered if a creator only does 'edit' the overview page.
Not sure that is intended. Should only be triggered with an actual new version upload?
Screenshot is from a few notifications that only have 1 version uploaded so far. Could be deleted & reuploaded too, but I doubt it and cannot check it.
Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect the Your content is being used as a dependency-notification is also triggered if a creator only does 'edit' the overview page.
Not sure that is intended. Should only be triggered with an actual new version upload?
Screenshot is from a few notifications that only have 1 version uploaded so far. Could be deleted & reuploaded too, but I doubt it and cannot check it.
View attachment 309142
This is a known issue. Please see the pinned post.

I don't see this stated in the Known issues:

There's a "dependency usage" notification when someone reviews the content that uses that resource.

Thanks

Gotcha. The notification issues will be solved soon with a fix that will cover all possible avenues. Thank you for your patience. 💕

Fixed:
  • Hub-Hosted status not appearing in certain circumstances when it appeared that all dependencies were downloadable from the Hub
Hm, it appears LogicBricks isn't hub-hosted anymore at the moment? I didn't change a thing and the dependencies are all my own which I didn't change either.

Edit: Same with IdlePoser. There I just edited the resource description and posted an update (but no new version), maybe that caused it?

Last edited:
Hm, it appears LogicBricks isn't hub-hosted anymore at the moment? I didn't change a thing and the dependencies are all my own which I didn't change either.

Edit: Same with IdlePoser. There I just edited the resource description and posted an update (but no new version), maybe that caused it?
Both IdlePoser and LogicBricks are showing as "Hub-Hosted VAR" for me.

The permanent fix isn't live yet, but I have run the manual fix again to correct the backlog. You should be good now.

I just uploaded my first resource of a VAR since the Credits feature, but there seems to be a bug that makes it disappear if I edit the Overview page.
Essentially I made a update to my 2023 template scene, it added the Credits all well, then I edited the text in the Overview page and the Credits section disappeared.

Thanks for looking into this.

I just uploaded my first resource of a VAR since the Credits feature, but there seems to be a bug that makes it disappear if I edit the Overview page.
Essentially I made a update to my 2023 template scene, it added the Credits all well, then I edited the text in the Overview page and the Credits section disappeared.

Thanks for looking into this.

There's an update to the script that handles the credits coming in the next few days. I'm hoping to include a fix to the issue with the dependency notifications in the same hot fix.

UPDATE

Fixed:
  • Attaching text files or non-var files along with your resource package would sometimes break the Var Health scan and the credits
  • Editing the description of a resource would remove the credits section in some cases
  • Dependency notifications being sent for resources that were not hosted on the hub and had no downloadable files
  • Other miscellaneous site efficiency upgrades
Features added:
  • Credits section now displays user/resource icons as well as resource titles

In game, we have the ability to filter assets by, Free scenes, and sort by the number of downloads. That can produce some very interesting results. Is it possible to get that on the web version of the hub? The existing filters seem very minimal. Being able to filter for scenes, looks, other assets and plugins by the number of downloads would be great on the web.

I think I found a serious gotcha with the new var health check. If you create a var, but decide to abandon ship in the middle of the submission process in order to fix a dependency, then delete and reload the var into the submission page, no health check is run. I think it's because the name is the same as before, since the original never got officially uploaded. Deleting the original deletes the report, but no new one is generated. I'm stuck.

Edit: The resource submission page seriously needs a "Clear All" button, like the Package Manager has.

Last edited:
I think I found a serious gotcha with the new var health check. If you create a var, but decide to abandon ship in the middle of the submission process in order to fix a dependency, then delete and reload the var into the submission page, no health check is run. I think it's because the name is the same as before, since the original never got officially uploaded. Deleting the original deletes the report, but no new one is generated. I'm stuck.

Edit: The resource submission page seriously needs a "Clear All" button, like the Package Manager has.
I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "abandon ship in the middle of the submission process"?

I have tested:
1. adding a var, deleting the var, re-adding the same var.
2. deleting the var before the health check can complete then re-adding the same var.
3. deleting the var before it can finish uploading then re-adding the same var.

It could be because your browser is running an older version of the javascript for that page. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser, or reloading the page with Ctrl-F5?

I am not able to replicate this issue. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "abandon ship in the middle of the submission process"?

I have tested:
1. adding a var, deleting the var, re-adding the same var.
2. deleting the var before the health check can complete then re-adding the same var.
3. deleting the var before it can finish uploading then re-adding the same var.

It could be because your browser is running an older version of the javascript for that page. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browser, or reloading the page with Ctrl-F5?
By "abandon ship" I mean to cancel the upload entirely so it can be started over later. There's no Cancel button on the page. I was referring to the Package Builder which does have a Clear All button. Since it was a dependency issue, I wanted to delete the var, then upload what looked like the same var, though the content was different. The page did not regenerate the var health check, or any health check when I re-uploaded the var. When I gave up fighting with it, I submitted the new var, and the report was correct. It just never showed me the health check before I submitted it. I used F5 to reload, but not Ctrl-F5. I'm on Firefox 121.0 with up to date Java.

By "abandon ship" I mean to cancel the upload entirely so it can be started over later. There's no Cancel button on the page. I was referring to the Package Builder which does have a Clear All button. Since it was a dependency issue, I wanted to delete the var, then upload what looked like the same var, though the content was different. The page did not regenerate the var health check, or any health check when I re-uploaded the var. When I gave up fighting with it, I submitted the new var, and the report was correct. It just never showed me the health check before I submitted it. I used F5 to reload, but not Ctrl-F5. I'm on Firefox 121.0 with up to date Java.

Forgive me if I over-explain:

When you visit a website, your browser will save information in a local folder on your computer like images, html, javascript, etc, so the next time you visit the website it loads faster. This is your browser's cache. Usually, it causes no issues because most websites don't change their root structure very often, and simple things like new images, forum posts, media, messages -- these things get automatically refreshed if they have changed since the last time you visited the website.

This is not the case with javascript. Javascript saved in your cache can sit there for weeks before the browser eventually flushes it. Future versions of the varcheck should automatically update in your browser, so on the next release this should not be an issue.

In order to flush your browser's cache for a particular page, most browsers will do this with a Ctrl-F5 command (Firefox and Chrome for example). In order to clear the entire cache, or clear it for a particular website in total, you will need to go to your browser's settings and clear data. In Firefox, you can go to the main menu -> settings, and then type "cache" in the "Find In Settings" search bar. You can clear the cache without clearing your saved logins or cookies, if that is a concern.

This is about the old dependencies of dependencies issue. When you download a scene with what looks like a small number of dependencies, and maybe even some listed sub-dependencies in the new format, the in-game missing dependencies list can be huge because it lists all of the sub-dependencies all the way down. Most of them are not required to make the scene work, but the missing dependencies list in-game will try to get all of them. Is this planned for a fix, or relegated to wait for 2.0? Here's an example scene.

Back
Top Bottom