Official In Development - Known Issues

This is about the old dependencies of dependencies issue. When you download a scene with what looks like a small number of dependencies, and maybe even some listed sub-dependencies in the new format, the in-game missing dependencies list can be huge because it lists all of the sub-dependencies all the way down. Most of them are not required to make the scene work, but the missing dependencies list in-game will try to get all of them. Is this planned for a fix, or relegated to wait for 2.0? Here's an example scene.
Unfortunately there is a version freeze on VaM 1.x while we focus entirely on VaM 2. The update to the hub dependency list is, in part, to help ease this burden so that you can visit the Hub website and download only the direct dependencies, and suggest to your subscribers that they do the same.

I think I've found another bug related to dependencies. It's pretty simple. In this scene, one of the dependencies is listed as "ascorad.Asco_Expressions.latest" but the actual file name starts with ascorad.asco_Expressions. The web interface knows they are the same file if you try to download it, but the in-game hub browser is confused. It can't recognize that the file is already in your library. It tries to download it anyway, but the result is "Downloaded" not "In Library" in-game.

I think I've found another bug related to dependencies. It's pretty simple. In this scene, one of the dependencies is listed as "ascorad.Asco_Expressions.latest" but the actual file name starts with ascorad.asco_Expressions. The web interface knows they are the same file if you try to download it, but the in-game hub browser is confused. It can't recognize that the file is already in your library. It tries to download it anyway, but the result is "Downloaded" not "In Library" in-game.
I cannot replicate your issue.

Web: Filename shows up in dependency list as capitalized, but downloaded file is correct.

Hub Browser: In a clean VaM install, I downloaded 'Giancarlo & Liz LoveRoom' then scanned for missing dependencies.
Asco shows up in the download list, with the lowercase spelling. (It did show up twice, which I find odd, but that is probably unrelated).
It downloaded the file, then showed "In Library". The file in my addonpackages folder is the correct lowercase spelling.

*EDIT* - Ok, when I navigate to the BlackBoxStudio resource page in hub browser, I do see what you are referring to.
GuF89ALAa8.png

I will investigate further. Thanks for the report!

Back
Top Bottom