• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Fluids 101

Plugins Fluids 101 11

just like that, I use google translate. thanks for your understanding and for the feature with shadows)

No prob!
I think it might be worth to mention it on your first interaction with someone that you mention that you're not native/using google translate. Translators induce the feeling I had earlier. Sorry for my overreaction.

This is a fantastic resource. I have just posted a cumshot gif using this. It's the most realistic ejaculation yet.

@Xstatic
I did note one thing. I am at the mouth and it seems to hit a invisible barrier and stops in front of the lips. Is there a way to make it so it goes inside the mouth? If not is there a way to make the lifetime go lower than the slider currently allows so it could just disappear right when it hits that invisible barrier?

The mouth seem to be blocked by a collider or a post process thing that does not have enough accuracy to work with these particles if you spray the fluid directly into it. That said, if the fluid flows over the face and then in the mouth, you can notice some cool collision on the lips.

But more or less, I have no control over that. The collider of the characters are controlling that, and I cannot really tweak that :(

Excellent plugin/asset ! :)
Quick heads up for anyone having trouble getting it working when loading a scene: I had some problems with that, triggering (the female variant) via Logicbricks RamdomTimer after re/loading the scene. it always seemed to ingnore its trigger. but I found a fix: guess randomtimer was firing up a trigger too early when loading the scene ( so the fluid plugin was still initializing). Fixed it by delaying the Randomtimer by disabling it and enabling it with a trigger on the scene animation timeline.

Excellent plugin/asset ! :)
Quick heads up for anyone having trouble getting it working when loading a scene: I had some problems with that, triggering (the female variant) via Logicbricks RamdomTimer after re/loading the scene. it always seemed to ingnore its trigger. but I found a fix: guess randomtimer was firing up a trigger too early when loading the scene ( so the fluid plugin was still initializing). Fixed it by delaying the Randomtimer by disabling it and enabling it with a trigger on the scene animation timeline.

Indeed !
I think this is more because of the CUA than the script itself. The CUA has to load the resource, and if the trigger fires while the resource is still loading, it will be ignored.
We have no way of knowing if a CUA is still loading (hence the code that loops to initialize the CUA in most of my content), I cannot really fix that :/

@VirtAmateur

Great stuff as always. I'd only wish it was consistent with other "oriented" atoms in VAM, like invisible lights, they point towards positive Z, while this points towards positive Y. I think that would make it more compatible with other plugins (like Rotator) and older animations (other fluid assets also point towards positive Z: sapuzex, Mofme)

This is a really great suggestion... I have indeed not thought about that.
If I do that now, it will also means that everybody will have to fix their scenes if somebody uses the most recent version tho. Do you think it's gonna be a problem ?

@VirtAmateur

This is a really great suggestion... I have indeed not thought about that.
If I do that now, it will also means that everybody will have to fix their scenes if somebody uses the most recent version tho. Do you think it's gonna be a problem ?

Yeah, I thought about that, everyone having to fix anything they have already done is a lot to ask, so it's ultimately up to you. I think this would be the time, as the plugin is rather new.

For the use case I mention, there are still ways to make it point in the right direction, by making a parent atom that's offset 90º in the X axis. So it's not a HUGE deal, but rather "best practice" to maintain consistency.

hazmhox updated Fluids 101 with a new update entry:

Critical axis update (please read), new options and bug fixes

Axis update:

Being an Unreal Engine person, I'm used to Z up, and this was a mistake kindly pointed out by @VirtAmateur -more informations about that here-.

The plugin being fairly new, I decided to fix the orientation and point the particle systems to Z as the forward motion. If you update, you will have to update the scenes using the plugin accordingly.

I am really...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@miketruck69
Only minor thing is that it'd be great if the stream on/off status was saved when it's saved as a preset so it starts on preset load.

I try think my plugins with as much control as you can.

The start/stop inside the UI is just a preview system. I'd prefer to stick with trigger so that the user can control when and how the plugin is doing something. not with the custom UI that may be a problem pretty fast when you save during the creation of your scene. More or less, what I'm trying to say is : either use a timeline that triggers your state, or an animation or a trigger in the main animation timeline for instance :)

@miketruck69

I try think my plugins with as much control as you can.

The start/stop inside the UI is just a preview system. I'd prefer to stick with trigger so that the user can control when and how the plugin is doing something. not with the custom UI that may be a problem pretty fast when you save during the creation of your scene. More or less, what I'm trying to say is : either use a timeline that triggers your state, or an animation or a trigger in the main animation timeline for instance :)

No worries, thanks for replying. It does look really good now I've got a Timeline setup anyway - set up so that the Stream Amount increases/decreases when starting and finishing, and using Force for a more powerful stream, also adjusting the angle via Orifice Aligner. I might post a demo scene of my basic set up to see if anyone finds it helpful as a starting point.

Added sounded, fixed bugs.

• Added sound for rain, rain distant and splashes
  • Added options to enable sound, set the volume. Also added a distance setting for the splashes since the sound is spatialized
  • Fixed bounds display with a new system that shows the actual orientation of the particle system
  • Fixed a bug where the density of the rain distant was not saved properly
  • The documentation has been updated...

Hi, Thanks for all of your great work. I was wondering if there was a way of viewing particles through a shape atom which has its alpha set very low (tube shapes made to look like glass etc.) the collision work, but when viewed from outside the particles are invisible inside until they come out the other end.

I figured it out, I'm a dunce.

I tried to mess with the render queue on the object and I thought it was having no effect, but i was only effecting the last/wrong surface.

If anyone else has this issue, set the render queue for each face of the object you want to see through to greater than 3001 under the materials/shaders tab. (It was over 3001 for my object, you may need to play around.)

Thank you again for the great resources.

Hey!
Sorry, you were faster than me!
Yes this is a render queue issue as you found out ;)

Bug fixes and shower asset

• Fixed a few bugs where a few options were not restored properly on scene load
  • Fixed a few typos and titles
  • Added a new shower asset

As someone who has who has messed with the unity particle system for probably hundreds of hours - I can also confirm for anyone who thinks there is better fluid "simulation" possible out of the unity particle system that there is not! Dynamic fluid simulation is not practical (I won't say its impossible, just not feasible) within the current Unity version framework of VaM. NVIDIA PhysX, which theoretically could enable fluid dynamics simulation is not supported on the GPU in Unity. PhysX runs on the CPU in the 2018 version of Unity. Unity 2019 + has preview integration for Havok physics engine, however it's not open source (or free) - and does not appear that it will be integrated into VaM at this point. I'm hopeful we will have some support for GPU fluid sim in some form in 2.0, but It remains to be seen where VaM 2.0 will go with physics - the latest we have from MeshedVR is:

"Physx will be used for joints and body dynamics. A custom physics system will be used for all collision, soft-body, clothing, and hair. This should allow us to meet the goals of improved performance, accuracy, and realism as compared to 1.X physics."

Anyway all that being said... GREAT plugin Haz - keep up the good work and thank you!

As someone who has who has messed with the unity particle system for probably hundreds of hours - I can also confirm for anyone who thinks there is better fluid "simulation" possible out of the unity particle system that there is not! Dynamic fluid simulation is not practical (I won't say its impossible, just not feasible) within the current Unity version framework of VaM. NVIDIA PhysX, which theoretically could enable fluid dynamics simulation is not supported on the GPU in Unity. PhysX runs on the CPU in the 2018 version of Unity. Unity 2019 + has preview integration for Havok physics engine, however it's not open source (or free) - and does not appear that it will be integrated into VaM at this point. I'm hopeful we will have some support for GPU fluid sim in some form in 2.0, but It remains to be seen where VaM 2.0 will go with physics - the latest we have from MeshedVR is:

"Physx will be used for joints and body dynamics. A custom physics system will be used for all collision, soft-body, clothing, and hair. This should allow us to meet the goals of improved performance, accuracy, and realism as compared to 1.X physics."

Anyway all that being said... GREAT plugin Haz - keep up the good work and thank you!

Thank you for the awesome post @djsoapyknuckles !
And thank you ;)

I don't think this was answered here Hazmox, after saving my scene and re-loading, I have to manually go start each fluid sim in the plugin. This by design?

In this particular case it's the Character fluids.

I don't think this was answered here Hazmox, after saving my scene and re-loading, I have to manually go start each fluid sim in the plugin. This by design?
In this particular case it's the Character fluids.

Indeed ! This is by design. I thought that 99% of the cases were going to happen through an animation and the needs of having them enabled at start would be ultra minimalistic.

That said, are you using the buttons inside the custom UI ? If it's the case, these are only test buttons. You should trigger the fluids with your prefered trigger type (buttons, animations, Timeline, whatever).

Hey, hazmhox! Happy New Year! :giggle:

can you make the same asset and advanced script but for confetti?

so that a bunch of multi-colored strips of paper fly out, and then they randomly spinning down to the ground.

need two options: option for a single shot like from Party Popper and an endless stream.
party-popper-dominik-szoboszlai.gif

sorry for my bad english )

Last edited:
Hey, hazmhox! Happy New Year! :giggle:

can you make the same asset and advanced script but for confetti?

Thank you! Best wishes too : )

I can't promise anything, but I'll add it on my list, this might be possible. The hardest thing would be to get the motion / physic behavior of that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom