Food 101

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Food 101 - Food. Lots of food.

⚠ PLEASE:
  • If you like this asset, consider liking and reviewing it for the community
  • Read the description, read the ingame help if you have any trouble. I will not answer private messages asking questions about things that are actually explained in the documentation/help.

View attachment 126632

Food 101 is a collection of food assets.
There is not much to say about these : D

A plugin is included to enable continuous...

Read more about this resource...

Just realized you did the other scene I just put a question on too. lol. I tried following the instructions for this plugin (that makes select items interactable) but am obviously missing a step because it's not working. Any guidance? the scene says objects that are "enabled" will be set, but I"m not sure what setting that actually is.

Yo.

"the scene says". What scene? Some context please : )

Yo.

"the scene says". What scene? Some context please : )
Sorry...the sample scene that comes with food 101. IT's the one where everything is floating. there's a sign with some info pointing you to the control (empty?) object that allows you to turn all the objects off and on at the same time. So when I go to that object (sorry, I don't have VAM open in front of me at the moment to get the actual name) it does show me a list of objects that are "included" and "excluded". I guess what I'm asking is...how do I get an object to get onto the "included" list. I can refresh the plugin to show it on "excluded" but not sure what I need to do to get it onto the "included" list so I can have it float around and actually hit walls and other objects but not fall through everything. If I'm reading that other tutorial correctly, it seems as if not just any assetbundle can be used with that plugin, correct? They have to be set up with specific colliders in Unity? So does that mean the food items in that scene are the only ones that utilize those special colliders? That may be why I was struggling. I was trying to make some of the crates and whatnot have the same ability to be thrown around. But couldn't get them to work. Maybe they don't have the same collider properties?

Sorry...the sample scene that comes with food 101. [...]

Perfect!

Then you need to do the same thing in your scene, have an Empty with the plugin on it.
As I was mentionning in the hideout resource, you need to have a root (an empty gameobject as the parent) named "root_throwable" like this:
throwable_help.jpg

You cannot use "any" CUA, because they are most of time, not authored properly on the collisions. Everyone uses "mesh colliders" and they are not able to handle continuous collisions that are "frame accurate".

I tried all the solutions, it's not possible. So you would need proper CUAs to have that "feature".
This is mostly why I wrote my big tutorial, but most people don't really know that : )

Gotcha. So can you confirm that the crates and books and papers and whatnot that come with hideout also don't have those proper collision setups? Because I was trying it out with those and couldn't get them to work. I'm assuming only the food items have it?

Hideout has an old plugin. Food101 relies on the most recent version.

In Hideout you can use the plugin inside the package, it works on "logical" physics objects (bottles, glass, canisters etc)
The demos have the objects properly setup if you check it out.

For every other objects I'm now using the Food101 system (Space force assets uses that for instance).

Great demo & plugin, opens many new possibilities! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm studying your food101 plugin code but struggle with root_throwable on CUAs.
Can you please give me a hint or short indication on how to approach this to make my own CUAs compliant with your plugin.

Great demo & plugin, opens many new possibilities! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm studying your food101 plugin code but struggle with root_throwable on CUAs.
Can you please give me a hint or short indication on how to approach this to make my own CUAs compliant with your plugin.

As mentionned two posts above, you only need a child called root_throwable.
In the capture, prop_food_bread01 and root_throwable are simply empty objects, they're used to structure the object for the script. your parts with collisions can be children of the root_throwable. Like break-1 is.

As mentionned two posts above, you only need a child called root_throwable.
In the capture, prop_food_bread01 and root_throwable are simply empty objects, they're used to structure the object for the script. your parts with collisions can be children of the root_throwable. Like break-1 is.
Argh, now I got it... i tried to figure it out inside code / VAM. Didn't see that recently the same question has been raised. Will try to prep my PreFabs accordingly. Many thanks.

No problem @mediamac1 !

Checkout SpaceForce btw, the plugin is the most recent version.
You are free to grab and include the plugin in your content if needed (if you don't want a dep), just throw a credit ;)

No problem @mediamac1 !

Checkout SpaceForce btw, the plugin is the most recent version.
You are free to grab and include the plugin in your content if needed (if you don't want a dep), just throw a credit ;)
Many thanks, I'll dig in and certainly I will leave a credit if used/successful.

Back
Top Bottom