Lightsabers 101

Assets Lightsabers 101

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Hazmhox can you please explain shortly what lights exactly do o need to add to simulate the light? I have basic knowledge but can't figure out how to make a light in a swordish shape. Thanks.

Hazmhox can you please explain shortly what lights exactly do o need to add to simulate the light? I have basic knowledge but can't figure out how to make a light in a swordish shape. Thanks.

You don't need a "swordish shape", unless you'd approach the saber super close to a surface, you would never see the shape of the saber at mid range and further. And in this case, iin VAM, this is not something you would be able to do.

You just need to add a basic Invisible Light, make it a spot and preferably pixel and configure it so that it lights up a small area : )

You don't need a "swordish shape", unless you'd approach the saber super close to a surface, you would never see the shape of the saber at mid range and further. And in this case, iin VAM, this is not something you would be able to do.

You just need to add a basic Invisible Light, make it a spot and preferably pixel and configure it so that it lights up a small area : )
Thanks alot) Have a nice day!

hazmhox updated Lightsabers 101 with a new update entry:

New hilt, and sound.

• Thanks to @Tanklover, he made a custom model : Ventress's lightsaber.
  • Added sound that you can enable through the plugin with the well know "ignite" sound and the loop.
In a future update, I potentially will add the shut-off sound, the ability to turn off the blade but also the animation of the blade. But since I got so much to do that it's gonna be... well, later : D

Read the rest of this update entry...

hazmhox updated Lightsabers 101 with a new update entry:

New lightsaber, performance optimization

• Thanks to @Tanklover , you got a new custom lightsaber he designed!
  • Optimized textures to have a lighter package. The .var is now 5 times lighter than before with almost no quality loss thanks to crunch compression and texture size tweaks.

I'm working on a future update who will allow to colorize particle effects of the lightning and tendrils individually. And a trigger to animate the on/off of the lightsaber.

Read the rest of this update entry...

So... here you are! You little scamp!

You made a lot of people worry about your disappearance!

👉 Worried people

I'm kidding... of course. And sorry if "scamp" is a bad word... i just googletranslated a word we use at my location for bad kids.

Welcome back!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom