• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Fluids 101

Plugins Fluids 101 11

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Fluids 101 - Several particle system meant to simulate fluids for characters and environment.

⚠ PLEASE:
  • If you like this plugin, consider liking and reviewing it for the community
  • Read the description, read the ingame help if you have any trouble. I will not answer private messages asking questions about things that are actually explained in the documentation/help.
Fluids 101 is a package of plugins and particle systems meant to simulate fluids for characters and environment.

View attachment 53506...

Read more about this resource...

hazmhox updated Fluids 101 with a new update entry:

Added a demo

Added a demo to show how to use triggers.

Notes :
- Be aware that it might be CPU intensive if you push the lifetime of particles on low-end configurations.
- Collisions seems a bit more accurate with soft-body physics disabled, this might be due to the fact that particles will not collide with post process. This is something I cannot fix.

Read the rest of this update entry...

great plugin, but some problems have not yet been solved: fluid adhesion to the surface and the effect of the emitter tilt angle on the stream angle.
1) The fluid must adhere to the surface and follow the surface when the body moves, and move only under the influence of gravity.
2) After firing from the emitter, the stream should move along a ballistic trajectory, and the emitter should in no case affect the angle of motion of the particles.

Thank you :)

To not enter in an endless discussion which will be pointless, I quote the description of the plugin : "particle systems meant to simulate fluids". This is NOT a fluid simulation. These are particle systems trying to emulate fluid behaviors. There are a lot of limitations due to Unity's particle system that I will not be able to bypass on 1.x.

That said even if a fluid simulation was possible, it would kill almost any GPU to simulate it on top of all the characters physics and a complete scene. Maybe in the future when engines can handle that with less resource consumption ; )

Last edited:
I understand that this is not a liquid, but particles (although the physics of clothes works great in virtamate and simulates a liquid), but what does the angle of the emitter have to do with it?
why when I rotate the emitter around its axis it also affects the particles, why do the particles while in flight change direction, be it a RC drone? can this problem be solved?
I hope I didn't offend you.

You do come up a bit strong with the "must" and "should" in your sentences... but nothing to offend me. Maybe try to be a bit more sympathetic in your way of writing a feedback.

I was reacting to the actual fluid simulation you are refering to based on the body / surfaces. If you got that way, particles do not adhere to post process, so it means hairs, some part of the body, and if you have soft body physics enabled, the collision is even less accurate. More or less, you focus on a detail that is not even close to be possible in any game engines today, but you ignore details that may even be more "illusion breaking" on a "faked fluid simulation"... so I really don't understand the point of raising this issue :)

And for the rotation, this is a problem I've already solved and I'm trying to get the best behavior possible for the next update. You have heavy limitations based on the velocity of particles, the control you can have based on the emitter and the actual visual feeling you want to get.

Right now it seems to be a problem for you, but I'm discussing with Spacedog at the moment and he thinks the opposite way of yours with the new beta and the rotation fix. He prefers the old way (the current released version).
I'll see what I can do, and I'll see what other feedback I get... from that I'll make a decision on what I fix and implement in the next update.

hazmhox updated Fluids 101 with a new update entry:

Improvements and functions

• Tweaked the particle systems to behave more like an actual spray. Force, speed, rotation does not influence particles during their lifetime making the stream more convincing and more realistic.

Note : There are still limitations due to the fact that emission direction over lifetime has never been changed/improved since Unity's dev team has swapped to Visual effect graph. See...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great, you managed to solve the problem with the stream angle.
If you can fix the situation with the behavior of particles on the collider surface, then this will be a huge step for the Virtamate community.

Video example of how the particle system works now, admit it, it looks strange)
When changing the angle of the collider everything works well, but when moving along the axis, the particles do not follow the surface.
(in the plugin settings, particle sticking is set to maximum)

"Hi, Hey ! Cool, you did fix something, thank you very much".
"Ho hi, could you please check if you could do this, that would be awesome, thank you in advance!".
FFS. Is that so hard to be nice... or at least polite ? Next time I will not even bother to answer.

About your video. This is the problem when you look at simulation and do not understand how it works behind... or do not try to use google to comprehend the mechanic behind it. Or do not even take in account what the person said in the previous post.

- Again, this is not a fluid simulation, it is a particle system faking a fluid simulation.
- The particles are in reality rigidbodies. Rigidbodies on top of the box are behaving this way most likely because of the code moving the box. I suspect that it uses transform instead of MovePosition.

You have to get out of your head that this is meant to be an actual credible physic simulation. This was never the goal.
This is a plugin made to give a better visual feeling to human fluids and a few controls to customize it.

If I could have done an actual fluid simulation, I would have. This is not the case.

- Again, this is not a fluid simulation, it is a particle system faking a fluid simulation.
I understand that this is not fluid, no need to yell at me.
I think particles can also stick to the surface ... Ok, nevermind.
I absolutely did not want to offend anyone, I am just conducting a technical discussion here, nothing personal.
I'm sorry that I ruined your mood.
Anyway you did a great job, thanks!

I think particles can also stick to the surface ... Ok, nevermind.

So enlighten me... do you know game engines ? Do you actually know the tech behind ? Or you're just assuming because you've seen something somewhere ? 'coz you know... I'm always glad to learn, I don't think I have the answer to everything, especially in video game tech where there are a frikkin ton of things to know.

But I'm curious to know what makes you "think" that. I don't see a lot of resources on your profile... actually none to be exact. Are you working in video games ? Do you have any information that I don't have ?

I mean, you might sense the sarcastic tone in my sentences here. But, I don't see any technical suggestions about the engine itself or Unity's particle system that might help... so... I think I'm not far from the truth if I say that you have actually no clue what you're talking about since you did not even follow up on the actual solution that could fix the problem mentionned in the previous post.

I absolutely did not want to offend anyone, I am just conducting a technical discussion here, nothing personal.

The thing is, you did not offend me with your questions... but with the fact that more or less, the way you are "conducting your technical discussion" sounds more like something I owe you without any courtesy whatsoever.

You would have been nice and not patronizing, explaining me how a fluid simulation should work like if I'm not aware of the limitations of the system... I would have been chill.

Thank you for the review :)

Can you get it to spray wider to emulate rain or a shower?

I'm working on environmental effects that will be added to the package. Shower and water jet first I think : )
I would avoid making rain with that since it is a super heavy physics simulation. I can think of making rain tho yes!

Will we be able to choose the number of jets in quantity and repetition in the future? In any case, this tool is almost perfect! good job

You did not read the manual.
You can. Triggers section of the documentation > Spray X times, customizable.

Thank you for the work, this is amazing! I noticed the particles seem to pass directly through the actors as though they are not there sometimes. I have tweaked with the settings and can't seem to make it consistent. Is there a setting that will improve this or is it a limitation in the physics system?

Hey DarkFantasy! Thank you :)

This might happen when you're tweaking the fluid keeping it on all the time. The "stream" will be always on. But, the fluid that applies on the body (or the environment) has a max particle count. If you push the lifetime so that the fluid stay alive longer, when you are spraying for a long period of time, the "stream" will go through the actors as long as there is no new particle available to create a fluid impact.

New particles become available when the old one dies and fade out.
More or less, in a situation where you use it wisely (aka : not spraying for 3 minutes continuously)

The trick to compensate that could be to reduce lifetime and reduce the stickyness so that the particle travel a bit further before they fade out. And since the lifetime is lower, you will always have a "fluid budget" available to collide on actors.

One other limitation of the system (which is not the same problem) is that these particles do not collide with post process. So you may notice some strange behaviors on collision on hairs, certain parts of the breast area, certain parts of the thighs.

I think that's all !

Last edited:
Hey DarkFantasy! Thank you :)

This might happen when you're tweaking the fluid keeping it on all the time. The "stream" will be always on. But, the fluid that applies on the body (or the environment) as a max particle count. If you push the lifetime so that the fluid stay alive longer, when you are spraying for a long period of time, the "stream" will go through the actors as long as there is no new particle available to create a fluid impact.

New particles become available when the old one dies and fade out.
More or less, in a situation where you use it wisely (aka : not spraying for 3 minutes continuously)

The trick to compensate that could be to reduce lifetime and reduce the stickyness so that the particle travel a bit further before they fade out. And since the lifetime is lower, you will always have a "fluid budget" available to collide on actors.

One other limitation of the system (which is not the same problem) is that these particles do not collide with post process. So you may notice some strange behaviors on collision on hairs, certain parts of the breast area, certain parts of the thighs.

I think that's all !

That makes sense, thank you! That helped quite a bit, I have it working now!

Last edited:
hello, it's me again.
please, if possible, make rendering settings in your wonderful plugin, such as shadow, specular, glossy, etc.
well, or at least just a shadow, otherwise the stream looks strange that does not cast a shadow)

hello, it's me again.
please, if possible, make rendering settings in your wonderful plugin, such as shadow, specular, glossy, etc.
well, or at least just a shadow, otherwise the stream looks strange that does not cast a shadow)

Hey! I'm starting to understand... you're not a native english speaker are you ?

I can't for the rendering : the material is a GPU instanciated material for particles. It allows a lot of boost on the performances. But... It only has the metallic aspect in the lit version and only the Albedo in the unlit version. And at this size, even tweaking the metallic will not do much difference.

The shadows, I can do that... but this may kill some GPUs depending on the setup.

Back
Top Bottom