[Experimental] Cloth Skin

Plugins [Experimental] Cloth Skin

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

[Experimental] Cloth Skin - Replaces female skin with sim cloth geoshell

This plugin replaces a female model's skin with a sim cloth geoshell . The intent is to add a bit of additional 'softness to' models.

The effect... not great. VAM cloth physics aren't really suited for this, and can be hard to work with. I've played around with various settings for a while and I don't think I can make it much better without tweaking the cloth physics implementation.

In the meantime, I figure people might want to play around with the concept, or cannibalize some of the...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, there s a problem with textures, anus become a big white dot after applying, rest is working fine

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth Skin with a new update entry:

Self-Collision for hands. Minor fixes

• Hand/finger colliders now interact with the cloth of the same model.
  • Improved apha mask and rigidity for the hips to align better with the genital region.
    • Alpha mask extended to not cover the anus and other regions
    • Most of the area covered by the gen mesh is now rigid to keep them aligned
    • It's still not great, but a little better
  • Tweaked the render queue settings to work better with some other transparent...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It works as advertized. I noticed that you mentioned skin clipping. There is a plugin that hides the skin. Maybe that could be a temporary fix? I'm trying to find it in my plugins tab right now, but can't remember the name. I will find it eventually and continue testing.

It works as advertized. I noticed that you mentioned skin clipping. There is a plugin that hides the skin. Maybe that could be a temporary fix? I'm trying to find it in my plugins tab right now, but can't remember the name. I will find it eventually and continue testing.

The plugin should hide all the skin it covers, but there are artifacts and clipping around the seams. The biggest and most obvious is around the gens/pelvis, but also around the wrists, ankles and ears if you look close.

I might finally end up splurging $12 and buying the female anatomy mesh that VAM uses...

Holy crap, this is so cool!! I really hope that this can be combined into one geoshell with Hunting Succubus's subsurface scatter plugin!

This is the best thing I've seen since TittyMagic. It also doubles as a tool for character transparency. Amazing stuff.

.. But for all that is holy, do not accidentally click "undress" in sim options 😂

Holy crap, this is so cool!! I really hope that this can be combined into one geoshell with Hunting Succubus's subsurface scatter plugin!

Now you've got me thinking whether I can get better compatibility if I figure out how to apply cloth physics to skin directly. Ugh, that's going to take up a good chunk of time...

This is the best thing I've seen since TittyMagic. It also doubles as a tool for character transparency. Amazing stuff.

.. But for all that is holy, do not accidentally click "undress" in sim options 😂

Yup, pure nightmare fuel. The fact that the teeth and eyes remain doesn't help..

This is quite amazing for sure. Great stuff. Is there a way playing some setting, so I cannot pull her skin literally away from the body. Not complaining, this is quite incredible, and I even requested something like this some time ago. Thanks also I was not sure what the sync texture was used for, If I changed the appearance it did not seem to do anything and I needed to reload the plugin.

Last edited:
This is more than awesome, thanks @Stopper !
I found a small bug tho: after loading a saved scene with it applied to one or more person atoms, the plugin is somehow inactive (i see the shell poking through the skin). In this case, there is no customk UI available for the plugin.
Only way to resolve this: reload the plugin.

This is quite amazing for sure. Great stuff. Is there a way playing some setting, so I cannot pull her skin literally away from the body. Not complaining, this is quite incredible, and I even requested something like this some time ago. Thanks also I was not sure what the sync texture was used for, If I changed the appearance it did not seem to do anything and I needed to reload the plugin.

Unfortunately that's pretty hard with the current state of cloth physics. I haven't found a good way to limit the 'stretchiness' of clothing. You can increase the joint strength, which pulls vertices to their original position, but that decreases jiggliness and collision sensitivity as well.

But there are a few other physics compute passes that hair uses that I've been able to add to clothing, which help to some degree. I need to do more science...

This is more than awesome, thanks @Stopper !
I found a small bug tho: after loading a saved scene with it applied to one or more person atoms, the plugin is somehow inactive (i see the shell poking through the skin). In this case, there is no customk UI available for the plugin.
Only way to resolve this: reload the plugin.

Likely something broke in initialization. Thanks for flagging and I'll take a look when I get a chance.

I like you work stopper, thanks for all the effort you are putting in this really making a change for this game. Is there any chance you will add the genital region for this mod as well? The seams between the genital region and thighs are quite noticable for some more extreme positions like during squats

I like you work stopper, thanks for all the effort you are putting in this really making a change for this game. Is there any chance you will add the genital region for this mod as well? The seams between the genital region and thighs are quite noticable for some more extreme positions like during squats

Yeah, I'd like to. It might not even be that hard (if I'm lucky). The question is how much work it would be to get DAZ to give me a geoshell with the body and gens in one contiguous mesh.

Yeah, I'd like to. It might not even be that hard (if I'm lucky). The question is how much work it would be to get DAZ to give me a geoshell with the body and gens in one contiguous mesh.

You would make my day

Is it possible to make such a thing for CUAs ? could be nice to be allowed to distort things like beds and so on.

Is it possible to make such a thing for CUAs ? could be nice to be allowed to distort things like beds and so on.

Unfortunately cloth is tied to a DAZMesh object. It's not impossible, few things are, but it'd take a lot of work.

hmm, is it possible to limit the amount of cloth to like the area around the stomach, thighs, back? The entire model is like overkill

hmm, is it possible to limit the amount of cloth to like the area around the stomach, thighs, back? The entire model is like overkill

Yeah, it's possible but it'll take some work. A few issues
  • Seams. Clothing doesn't wrap 100% exactly to the body for me, even for geoshells, and even a small difference in angles can be visible.
  • I'd need to use transparent shaders, which don't support tesselation
  • The boundary between rigid and sim clothing can be very pronounced, even at minimal settings
I'm probably going to look into tuning and improving the physics or adding gens before I spend too much time on this.

Maybe this was already said some where, but I notice for the clothskingeoshell, if you go to physics and turn stiffness down to zero, the skin forms to the body better, especially in the butt.

I love this! Hoping for updates. Isolation of each body part in order to turn them on/off individually?

I love this! Hoping for updates. Isolation of each body part in order to turn them on/off individually?

You can more or less do this now. Each bodypart on the geoshell has a different sim texture and you can replace the existing one with 100% red to turn off sim.

I'm going in a bit of a different direction for the moment and it's slow-going. I've got some initial prototypes of applying the cloth physics to the skin directly (not through a geoshell). I also want to improve the physics overall, whether it's by tweaking VAM's implementation or replacing it with a new one.

You can more or less do this now. Each bodypart on the geoshell has a different sim texture and you can replace the existing one with 100% red to turn off sim.

I'm going in a bit of a different direction for the moment and it's slow-going. I've got some initial prototypes of applying the cloth physics to the skin directly (not through a geoshell). I also want to improve the physics overall, whether it's by tweaking VAM's implementation or replacing it with a new one.
Alright, I'll give it a shot. Sounds exciting! Looking forward to whatever you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom