[Experimental] Cloth Skin

Plugins [Experimental] Cloth Skin

Has anyone noticed how perfect this is for bulge lovers? No need for staged morphs to emulate movement. Completely smooth:
GIF 10-09-2023 00-12-11.gif
Just using a sphere with collision off and material hidden.
If it wasn't so expensive to run I imagine this would see a ton of use on the hub.

Great Plugin! Was wondering if it was still under development? Still has so much more potential. Could be one of the best plugins ever. Thanks for all your work.

Great Plugin! Was wondering if it was still under development? Still has so much more potential. Could be one of the best plugins ever. Thanks for all your work.
The problem is that I don't want to develop it as much as I want to completely overhaul it, and that's too much of a commitment so I just end up not giving it any love.

I've never liked how VAM's cloth physics worked for skin. It's too easy for colliders to slip 'into' the body, there are hard edges where the sim stops, and the performance hit is massive.

A lot of the stuff I've been working on recently has been inspired by me figuring out how to take ClothSkin to the next level. ClothCUA, for example, functions by creating a 'person' skin based on the CUA mesh, and then applying cloth simulation directly to it (rather than on clothing). Doing the same for ClothSkin might help perf. One of my next experiments will be to recess the cloth colliders into the body so that they can be larger without affecting the collision distance. I've also got some ideas about cloth self-collision...

So an update is coming eventually. Maybe even before VAM2 comes out.

Back
Top Bottom