[Experimental] Cloth Sim Proxy

Plugins [Experimental] Cloth Sim Proxy

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

[Experimental] Cloth Sim Proxy - Enables wrapping of clothing to other clothing

Clothing plugin that lets clothing be wrapped to other clothing rather than just the body. Doing this allows double-sided, multi-layered, or complex clothing to have its simulation be based on a simpler single-layered clothing. This prevents common issues like having the layers constantly clip through themselves.

Disclaimer: This is an early proof of concept and not ready for general consumption. See known bugs below.

Usage

Set...

Read more about this resource...

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth Sim Proxy with a new update entry:

Saving/Loading of wraps from file. Various bugfixes.

• Added actions to save and load wrap data from file (no need to re-wrap each time clothing is loaded)
  • Patched loading from boot or hard reset.
    • Fix is incomplete. Might still break for some. If your clothing loads all jumbled, let me know.
  • A bunch of internal fixes and improvements
    • Hasn't caused physics corruption or crashes for me in a while.

Please continue sending me bug reports and feedback. Demos welcome too!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth Sim Proxy with a new update entry:

Fix for rendering delay.

• The rendering lag on the primary cloth should be fixed for most purposes.
    • It's due to the order of script execution in Unity. Disabling and re-enabling the proxy cloth will break it again.
  • Removed the limitations around hidden clothing. Any clothing can now be selected to be a proxy.
    • Turns out VAM doesn't honor .hide files packaged in vars. They'll have to be hidden by the user 😔

Read the rest of this update entry...

May I confirm with you whether the Primary Clothing itself in the demo video is a double sided cloth with closed geometry? I am asking because I am wondering how to deal with the edge thickness of the primary clothing and make it stable like real thickness in the simulation.

May I confirm with you whether the Primary Clothing itself in the demo video is a double sided cloth with closed geometry? I am asking because I am wondering how to deal with the edge thickness of the primary clothing and make it stable like real thickness in the simulation.
I can confirm that it's double sided and closed.

I'm not sure what you mean by edge thickness. Are you referring to single-sided clothing where the edges are curved to give an illusion of thickness? If so, then that should work as well.

The stability comes from the fact that the vertices on opposite sides of the primary cloth will get wrapped to the same vertex on the sim (based on proximity). The same goes for the edge. Those vertices will then move as one, unless you add sim to the primary cloth as well.

After adding the plugin and wrapping, the clothes are stripped of any texture map they had, automatically move to the default XYZ position and are not "attached" to the character. I have tried several times with different clothes and I always face the same issue.

@Stopper can this plugin be used on underwear to prevent it clipping through a dress or anything along those lines? Thanks!

After adding the plugin and wrapping, the clothes are stripped of any texture map they had, automatically move to the default XYZ position and are not "attached" to the character. I have tried several times with different clothes and I always face the same issue.
That generally shouldn't happen, but possible. How are you using the plugin? It needs to replace the DAZSkinWrap, similar to for built in clothes with multiple styles work, and things can be going wrong there.

@Stopper can this plugin be used on underwear to prevent it clipping through a dress or anything along those lines? Thanks!
Kind of/not really. You can have the dress and underwear use the same sim proxy, which would prevent them clipping through, but those garments move differently so it'd look weird.

Hi stopper,
I really like what you're doing.
i'm not sure. but i think i tested your plugin. and i had used an option that allows the garment not to penetrate itself. (self collide).
but i'm not sure. (it's perhaps a dream lol)

having said that, i'm trying to add your plugin to a person atom but unfortunately it's not working. i'm getting this error message :

!> Exception during plugin script Init: System.Exception: Unable to find containing clothing item
at Stopper.ClothSimProxy.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm I doing well? I'm a little lost with this plugin.
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi stopper,
I really like what you're doing.
i'm not sure. but i think i tested your plugin. and i had used an option that allows the garment not to penetrate itself. (self collide).
but i'm not sure. (it's perhaps a dream lol)

having said that, i'm trying to add your plugin to a person atom but unfortunately it's not working. i'm getting this error message :

!> Exception during plugin script Init: System.Exception: Unable to find containing clothing item
at Stopper.ClothSimProxy.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm I doing well? I'm a little lost with this plugin.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
This plugin doesn't enable self-collision. What setting were you using?

It also will not work on a person atom. It only works as a clothing plugin.

Typically, vam clothing is "wrapped" to skin and follows its motion. This plug-in allows wrapping clothing to other clothing instead. So you can have a complex piece of clothing follow the movement of a simple piece of clothing.

This plugin doesn't enable self-collision. What setting were you using?

It also will not work on a person atom. It only works as a clothing plugin.

Typically, vam clothing is "wrapped" to skin and follows its motion. This plug-in allows wrapping clothing to other clothing instead. So you can have a complex piece of clothing follow the movement of a simple piece of clothing.
Big thanks for your response.
I think I've imagined the self collision part lol

Just continue with your amazing creations. all your plugins were really awesome :D

Big thanks for your response.
I think I've imagined the self collision part lol

Just continue with your amazing creations. all your plugins were really awesome :D
Oh nice! I was gonna look into that next. My thought was to use vam's existing neighbor collision for cloth. How did you end up doing it?

Oh nice! I was gonna look into that next. My thought was to use vam's existing neighbor collision for cloth. How did you end up doing it?
to be honest, i thought i had. but in the end i think it was my memory playing tricks on me. and mixing my memories between zbrush and vam lol.

that said, if you ever manage to do this, it'll be great.

PS: I haven't fully tested this plugin yet, but I'm thinking of the countless possibilities it offers. it's brilliant.

Just to ask : I don't know if it's possible to make a mesh extractor (so that we can export complex cloths from vam (which don't always work well) and create simplified versions to blend them with your plugin.

to be honest, i thought i had. but in the end i think it was my memory playing tricks on me. and mixing my memories between zbrush and vam lol.

that said, if you ever manage to do this, it'll be great.

PS: I haven't fully tested this plugin yet, but I'm thinking of the countless possibilities it offers. it's brilliant.

Just to ask : I don't know if it's possible to make a mesh extractor (so that we can export complex cloths from vam (which don't always work well) and create simplified versions to blend them with your plugin.
Mesh extraction is probably possible, yeah. There's a .obj exporter for the model that could theoretically be used for clothing.

Back
Top Bottom