[Experimental] Alternative Futa

Plugins [Experimental] Alternative Futa

Woohoo Updates! Been away for a bit, will start testing it out tomorrow! Looking great from what I've read and seen image wise!

tried the last update and now this is game change! keep up the good work 💪 , also as i mention on discord something that would help on the use/creation using the plugin is the base 3d model to create textures for it .

@Stopper, amazing work! The new update fixed the issue with the pelvis colors. However, the " morphs not found" error still persists:

!> Unable to find the morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset.vmi or by the name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset referenced in the save file.

!> Unable to find the morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset.vmi or by the name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset referenced in the save file.

Also, I've noticed that whether you perform a 'Hard reset' or just close and reopen VAM, the issue with the morphs remains. (It also significantly reduces the frame rate).

@Stopper, amazing work! The new update fixed the issue with the pelvis colors. However, the " morphs not found" error still persists:

!> Unable to find the morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset.vmi or by the name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset referenced in the save file.

!> Unable to find the morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset.vmi or by the name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset referenced in the save file.

Also, I've noticed that whether you perform a 'Hard reset' or just close and reopen VAM, the issue with the morphs remains. (It also significantly reduces the frame rate).

I'll need to look into it. Maybe it's because I'm not listing the plugin as a 'Morph Pack' anymore.
tried the last update and now this is game change! keep up the good work 💪 , also as i mention on discord something that would help on the use/creation using the plugin is the base 3d model to create textures for it .

'Export to Obj' should work. I've uploaded samples here:

I've never done any texturing so I don't what to do with those files beyond presumably opening them in Blender.

Woohoo Updates! Been away for a bit, will start testing it out tomorrow! Looking great from what I've read and seen image wise!

Welcome back!

@Stopper, I've tried to repack your plugin with the 'Morph Pack' checkbox selected, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The error persists."
And here is the video on how to reproduce the issue:

Anyone experiencing collider problems with the anus while using the plugin? It used to work normally for me, but now it's like there's something blocking the anus, pushing the dick sideways or up and messing the mesh all up.

'Export to Obj' should work. I've uploaded samples here:

Thank you for providing these! When I opened them in blender I noticed a few things that were going to make texturing difficult, at least for me. I had ideas about how to fix them, so I put together a mega folder that contains some files that will hopefully be helpful to anyone looking to texture the "show gens" version of the plugin with no visible vagina. I am a beginner to both VaM and texturing but I wanted to use the time and knowledge I do have to hopefully help somebody out. If anyone has any suggestions, critiques or improvements to this please let me know. Here is the folder:

Blender View

Additional info and some pictures to demonstrate it under the spoiler.

The included .obj file has its UVs separated into 4 UDIM tiles, one for each texture. Extra facial features (eyeballs, mouth parts, lashes, etc.) that aren't included when making a skin were cut from the model. You can import it into Substance Painter with "Use UV Tile Workflow" and "Preserve UV Tile Layout" checked and it should work well. (Note: I wanted to include a .spp file with baked maps so Substance users could jump right in, but I couldn't get it down to a manageable size. As a compromise I uploaded the maps I baked to the folder. You can import them into your own .spp file with the .obj loaded and they should work well. I baked every possible map with maximum anti-aliasing at 8k, which is probably overkill! The maps I uploaded are only 4k, and some of them are obviously blank or identical to other textures, but I included them just to be safe.)

Blender UDIM example Substance UDIM example
ambient occlusion world space normal thickness curvature

I also included a .vap file for the pose I used to export the model. This pose is hopefully fully symmetrical. The toes and legs are spread, and the face is posed for painting. Here are some things to note when posing for a texturing export that I've noticed so far: auto expressions should be turned off, and the model should be looking forward.

Thanks for reading!

Thank you for providing these! When I opened them in blender I noticed a few things that were going to make texturing difficult, at least for me. I had ideas about how to fix them, so I put together a mega folder that contains some files that will hopefully be helpful to anyone looking to texture the "show gens" version of the plugin with no visible vagina. I am a beginner to both VaM and texturing but I wanted to use the time and knowledge I do have to hopefully help somebody out. If anyone has any suggestions, critiques or improvements to this please let me know. Here is the folder:

View attachment 271274

Additional info and some pictures to demonstrate it under the spoiler.

The included .obj file has its UVs separated into 4 UDIM tiles, one for each texture. Extra facial features (eyeballs, mouth parts, lashes, etc.) that aren't included when making a skin were cut from the model. You can import it into Substance Painter with "Use UV Tile Workflow" and "Preserve UV Tile Layout" checked and it should work well. (Note: I wanted to include a .spp file with baked maps so Substance users could jump right in, but I couldn't get it down to a manageable size. As a compromise I uploaded the maps I baked to the folder. You can import them into your own .spp file with the .obj loaded and they should work well. I baked every possible map with maximum anti-aliasing at 8k, which is probably overkill! The maps I uploaded are only 4k, and some of them are obviously blank or identical to other textures, but I included them just to be safe.)

I also included a .vap file for the pose I used to export the model. This pose is hopefully fully symmetrical. The toes and legs are spread, and the face is posed for painting. Here are some things to note when posing for a texturing export that I've noticed so far: auto expressions should be turned off, and the model should be looking forward.

Thanks for reading!

cool stuff, do you have any guides or information i can look at to utilise these templates you've provided?

@Stopper, I've tried to repack your plugin with the 'Morph Pack' checkbox selected, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The error persists."
And here is the video on how to reproduce the issue:

I think I know what's going on here and I don't know if I can fix it...

Characters effectively have 4 morph banks:
  1. Morphs that affect the base model
  2. Morphs that affect the 1st graft (genitalia)
  3. Morphs that affect the 2nd graft
    1. Anus for males.
    2. Unused for females by default.
  4. Other gender's 1st morph bank (Use __ morphs on __ )
Other morph banks aren't processed (ok, technically it looks like they can be, but not by the standard process and I need to look deeper).

So what I did is set the Male's 2nd morph bank (for the male penis) and set it as the Female's 3rd morph bank. This is why you can see the AltFuta morphs in the female's morph list even though they apply to the penis.

My intuition is that after a hard reset VAM looks for the AltFuta morphs under any of the standard female morph banks and realizes they're not there (since the plugin hasn't run yet). That's where the error comes from.

That being said, it *should* still work if you use the plugin UI sliders to manipulate the morphs rather than the morph ui. These get applied after the plugin has modified the morph banks. Of course, this only applies to those specific morphs...

I'll keep looking for a solution. VAM has a concept of 'transient' morphs and maybe they don't throw these types of errors. I can also create my own method of storing and loading morph values for all the other penis morphs.

Note: On some further testing, it looks like using "Use Male Morphs On Female" will at least preserve penis morphs when loading, even though you still get the error.

Last edited:
My intuition is that after a hard reset VAM looks for the AltFuta morphs under any of the standard female morph banks and realizes they're not there (since the plugin hasn't run yet). That's where the error comes from.
Could the script be modified so that the plugin initializes during scene loading, instead of when a character root is selected?

Could the script be modified so that the plugin initializes during scene loading, instead of when a character root is selected?

In my experience with the additional controllers plugin, characters exist in the scene even before scene plugins are loaded. I don't know how that relates to when morphs are loaded though. I'll play around with it.

There's probably a solution. I'll just need to get creative.

Is it causing issues beyond errors on startup? Loading the morphs should still work if you have 'use male morphs on female' checked.

its your choice how long you want to make it work i know you have been into some other awsome plugins aswell so i just needed to to wait till you got back into this one, so far the plugin is working amazing then ever, but i wanted to ask what i need to do for divining lips and hands to work for it cuz i add that plugin after futa one and it still recognize it as a female atom, do i have to change into male skin while using futa plugin and then change back into the one i use or it can be done with applying futa plugin 1st? i need divining lips and hands to some how detect that the female atom is now a male atom after futa plugin applied.
Nvm i got it to working 😅

In my experience with the additional controllers plugin, characters exist in the scene even before scene plugins are loaded. I don't know how that relates to when morphs are loaded though. I'll play around with it.

There's probably a solution. I'll just need to get creative.

Is it causing issues beyond errors on startup? Loading the morphs should still work if you have 'use male morphs on female' checked.
Despite the error, everything seems to be working properly. No more FPS drops.

cool stuff, do you have any guides or information i can look at to utilise these templates you've provided?

I have to admit, I usually end up learning by brute forcing things until they work for me, so I don't have any exact guides on how to utilize these. While I was working I referenced this Blender doc to learn how to map a UDIM. How to texture them inside of Blender is still a mystery to me... I'm currently searching for a good tutorial on that.

When it comes to making use of the mesh maps, I don't know how they can help in Blender or any other program besides Substance Painter. As far as I know, they are mainly used in Substance Painter to direct Smart Materials (Here is the official page on those) on how to behave. The main reason I uploaded them is because they take a long time to bake, so if anyone needs them I could save that person some time.

If one doesn't already exist, can you add a simple trigger other plugins like timeline can use to disable anatomy? so we can hide female/male gens for clothing or other reasons?

also maybe an idea for a separate plugin, one that easily allows a user to toggle soft body physics regions on/off
i think you can already do this, but not all regions.
this is just to squeeze some extra performance out of vam for when these areas aren't needed.

Last edited:
So far in my testing, most all things are working nicely enough to be usable in a scene.
There are still the odd bugs like if you change any textures on base model after adding the plugin, Alt Futa starts wanting to revert/alter the textures, especially if you end up disabling the Plugin and re-enable it, it will restore all textures that were on the Base character back to what they were when you first added the plugin to it. For the most part Colliders seem to be working correctly. Other then the Penis Tip(gen 3?) collider I think moves around a tad bit more then it should, but it's only obvious when using a handful of morphs that adjust the foreskin.
- Another thing I noticed Texture wise, is that when you have added a second atom to the scene, and then add this plugin to the second atom aswell, the Vagina texture on the first atom gets reset. you have to click "Clear" on the genitalia texture (the base skin textures on the character) and then re-apply it, to get the texture to show back up for the Vagina.

As far as quality of life goes, it would still be great if we were able to adjust various values in the plugin from other atoms, like timeline and animation patterns. Especially things like Gloss offset, and Bumpiness. Also things like Diffuse Offset for pelvis actively updates with the Base Skins value along with bumpiness, where the penis doesn't for either. Either having the Penis bumpiness and gloss update with the skin's, or have them available to be adjusted from other atoms like timeline, would give us the ability to fully utilize the plugin in most all situations. As a simple scene where you want the Character to look like they are starting sweat, doesn't apply to the penis what-so-ever.
-Also the ability to Hide the penis along with the vagina when it's toggled on clothing, would also be a nice addition.

The last thing I'd like to mention/ask? But it's likely too late in development at this point.., but a No Balls version would be cool to see. I mean if you can think of a 'quick' way to implement it, that would be awesome, if not no biggie, I'll just keep doing my make-shift no balls morph :p There's a certain kind of elegance that occurs when you can see the vagina, and the penis at the same time from the front, without balls being in the way :p

Anywho, thanks for the awesome plugin, and all the work you've been doing on it! It's really a massive game changer!

-EDIT: One thing that might be worth noting to some, is that if you have High Quality Physics enabled, having two atoms with this plugin on them is a nightmare FPS wise. Turning off High Quality Physics immediately doubles your fps.

Actually something just occurred to me. When you first add the plugin to a character, the physics are having a field day. You end up with awful performance due to high physics use. Turning off High Quality Physics alleviates the issue. This is especially noticeable when you have added a second atom, also with the plugin. HOWEVER, if you save the scene, and close out of VaM(or Hardreset) and then Load that same scene back up, the physics is no longer having the same issues as before, and you can comfortably have two Atoms with this plugin in one scene with High Quality Physics enabled. (ie. Physics goes from an average of 26.51 with two atoms with Alt Futa, down to an average 6.94 after saving and reloading the scene.

Last edited:
There are still the odd bugs like if you change any textures on base model after adding the plugin, Alt Futa starts wanting to revert/alter the textures, especially if you end up disabling the Plugin and re-enable it, it will restore all textures that were on the Base character back to what they were when you first added the plugin to it. For the most part Colliders seem to be working correctly. Other then the Penis Tip(gen 3?) collider I think moves around a tad bit more then it should, but it's only obvious when using a handful of morphs that adjust the foreskin.

The AltFuta character is a copy of the original, and disabling just re-selects the original. None of the changes you made to AltFuta will carry over. It's similar to how changing the base skin doesn't preserve any settings either.

That being said, I can probably make disable/enable a bit smarter (not reload though, since that re-creates the whole plugin).

- Another thing I noticed Texture wise, is that when you have added a second atom to the scene, and then add this plugin to the second atom aswell, the Vagina texture on the first atom gets reset. you have to click "Clear" on the genitalia texture (the base skin textures on the character) and then re-apply it, to get the texture to show back up for the Vagina.

That's an interesting one. Not sure how that'd happen. I'll need to take a look.

As far as quality of life goes, it would still be great if we were able to adjust various values in the plugin from other atoms, like timeline and animation patterns. Especially things like Gloss offset, and Bumpiness. Also things like Diffuse Offset for pelvis actively updates with the Base Skins value along with bumpiness, where the penis doesn't for either. Either having the Penis bumpiness and gloss update with the skin's, or have them available to be adjusted from other atoms like timeline, would give us the ability to fully utilize the plugin in most all situations. As a simple scene where you want the Character to look like they are starting sweat, doesn't apply to the penis what-so-ever.

That should be possible, yeah. I wanted to overhaul materials in general, but it runs the danger of breaking existing presets.

-Also the ability to Hide the penis along with the vagina when it's toggled on clothing, would also be a nice addition.

Might be doable, not sure. I'd need to take a look on how VAM implements the 'hide anatomy' toggle to see if I can easily detect it.

The last thing I'd like to mention/ask? But it's likely too late in development at this point.., but a No Balls version would be cool to see. I mean if you can think of a 'quick' way to implement it, that would be awesome, if not no biggie, I'll just keep doing my make-shift no balls morph :p There's a certain kind of elegance that occurs when you can see the vagina, and the penis at the same time from the front, without balls being in the way :p

That's a bit outside my expertise. You'd likely want a morph and updated textures. You can do an ok-ish job on the geometry with existing scrotum morphs, but the textures are still as weird and bumpy as the missing testicles.
1690136808845.png

Actually something just occurred to me. When you first add the plugin to a character, the physics are having a field day. You have awful performance physics wise. Turning off High Quality Physics alleviates the issue. This is especially noticeable when you have added a second atom, also with the plugin. HOWEVER, if you save the scene, and close out of VaM(or Hardreset) and then Load that same scene back up, the physics is no longer having the same issues as before, and you can comfortably have two Atoms with this plugin in one scene with High Quality Physics enabled. (ie. Physics goes from an average of 26.51 with two atoms with Alt Futa, down to an average 6.94 after saving and reloading the scene.

Let me look into that as well. Could be any number of things.

Last edited:
Great work, but one thing. Is it possible to get the option back to not use the male pelvis area for skins? The older plugin version allowed for this. It makes it a bit easier to hide when the skin doesn't fully ligne up as I don't really know how to make textures like some other people which would help out a lot.

Just in case anyone is wanting to get previously existing textures working well with Alt Futa, just use this guide: (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources...ns-texture-with-torso-texture-for-futa.25748/) (just in the part for exporting Kayla, when you do it with the AltFuta plugin added, it will show up as AltFutaSkin_skinned.obj instead of the mentioned Kayla. There's also 2 additional regions you'll need to add textures to (in blender) due to the 2 meshes added by AltFuta, they're the Male variants of the pelvis and gen(both being the Genital Diffuse texture), although it's fairly self-explanatory** when you get in there while following the guide)
Blender is surprisingly easy to use. Far easier then Daz3d (IMO). Daz is wonky AF when it comes down to how more complicated things are handled. Blender can look intimidating at first, but it's actually among the easiest(if not the easiest) 3D modeling software out there. Especially for stuff like texture editing where your only fixing the seams, you can complete a torso and gen texture literally in a couple of minutes after you know how. And that guide will teach you that. Special Thank You to @MvFF.

My Favorite Milf wouldn't have been possible without Stopper's Alt Futa and MvFF's guide xD
1690282954464.png

**PS: It's fairly self-explanatory if you've paid attention to the textures used in VaM (G2M and G2F) and know which locations they occupy. (ie. the Forearm, hand, shoulder, Fingernails, legs, feet, and toenails, are all the Limbs Texture used on a G2F/G2M UV map.) If you didn't already know that, then It won't be self-explanatory.

Last edited:
Bit surprised this hasn't been brought up that I can see, but there seems to be a glitch where if one tries to open up the textures folder with the plugin, it'll open up multiple windows, depending largely on how much VAM is chugging.

For example, I tried to use this plugin to give Zin's Roxy a dick, but it uses something like 14 CUAs, so it has a bit of impact on my PC, clicking the button once opened the Textures folder 9 times.

The default model opened up 2 of them.

It's a bit similar to how one could be moving the camera in desktop mode, and VAM freezes for a couple seconds, and when it unfreezes again, your camera is much much farther than it could have possibly moved otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom