[Experimental] Alternative Futa

Plugins [Experimental] Alternative Futa

Stopper updated [Experimental] Alternative Futa with a new update entry:

Geometry Overhaul. Save/Load presets

This update is a long-time coming, and it took a lot of investigation, custom tooling, and trial & error to get here. The end result, though, is what I'm hoping will be the final version of the geometry so texture work can start.

Huge thanks to @WeebUVR for helping me work through all this and creating some of the first compatible textures.

General Changes
  • The only major setting is now whether to show/hide the vagina.
    • The male pelvis is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Stopper! Love the plugin. One thing I've noticed is that whenever I launch it, it seems to break Gossamer's morph filter plus plugin and search queries in the morphs tab do nothing. I can work around it by disabling that plugin, but I wanted to ask if that's a bug that you should know about or if I should let them know? Seems like it might be up to them to figure out what's causing their plugin to break but wanted to bring it up anyway. Thanks for all the incredible work on this!

Hey Stopper! Love the plugin. One thing I've noticed is that whenever I launch it, it seems to break Gossamer's morph filter plus plugin and search queries in the morphs tab do nothing. I can work around it by disabling that plugin, but I wanted to ask if that's a bug that you should know about or if I should let them know? Seems like it might be up to them to figure out what's causing their plugin to break but wanted to bring it up anyway. Thanks for all the incredible work on this!

I'll take a look. This plugin sets the 2nd male morph bank as the female's 3rd morph bank. I can see how that can confuse morph plugins.

YES! i can't wait to test it out! was patiently waiting for an update thank you!🙌 this plugin has come a long way and i enjoyed every moment of it!

Yeah, I know it took a while. There were a bunch of things I needed to figure out how to do and VAM fought me kicking and screaming through most of it. Rage-quit a few times...

But here we are! Let me know how it works for you.

@Stopper I'm getting an error "Alternativefuta.15.var":
!> Could not find morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset.vmi or name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset referenced in save file
!> Could not find morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset.vmi or name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset referenced in save file

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Add a character to the empty scene.
  2. Load the plugin and save the scene.
  3. Perform a hard reset.
  4. Reload the scene.

Testing the plugin, adjusted the textures to remove the seam, not really happy with it and will redo them

1689742651.jpg1689742582.jpg1689742489.jpg1689741846.jpg

i still have the issue of diffuse/specular bumpiness resetting to 0 whenever i reload the plugin or load preset or related activities.

1689741757.jpg
i noticed some odd indents around the pelvis, maybe it's the morphs i am using, i played around with the z mesh offsets, kinda makes it better in some places, worse in others, i guess it's a trade off. not sure if there's any built in morphs that could smooth out the areas on the side of the base of the penis.

the join of the perenium and anus is a bit harsh, becomes apparent when moving the softbody, i'm not sure if anything can be done here. if you have direct control over which verticies

overall it's super cool. thanks again for the plugin 💕

@Stopper I'm getting an error "Alternativefuta.15.var":
!> Could not find morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset.vmi or name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Y-Offset referenced in save file
!> Could not find morph by uid Stopper.AlternativeFuta.15:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/male_genitalia/AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset.vmi or name AltFuta Bone+Mesh Z-Offset referenced in save file

Steps to reproduce:
  3. Perform a hard reset.
  4. Reload the scene.

Hrm, the repro doesn't work for me. I've also checked that v15 should have those morphs. Not sure what the issue might be. Is anyone else seeing this?

Testing the plugin, adjusted the textures to remove the seam, not really happy with it and will redo them

I think she looks great!

i still have the issue of diffuse/specular bumpiness resetting to 0 whenever i reload the plugin or load preset or related activities.

I just noticed this too, but only for the pelvis. After merging the pelvis takes the place of the old 'disable anatomy' material so it's actually affected by the base skin material controls. It should at least be defaulting to that. I have no idea why it goes to 0. Will look deeper...

i noticed some odd indents around the pelvis, maybe it's the morphs i am using, i played around with the z mesh offsets, kinda makes it better in some places, worse in others, i guess it's a trade off. not sure if there's any built in morphs that could smooth out the areas on the side of the base of the penis.

Yeah, I might have been a little too aggressive with the pins on the top of the pelvis. It was to compensate for a problem that I ended up solving a different way.

the join of the perenium and anus is a bit harsh, becomes apparent when moving the softbody, i'm not sure if anything can be done here. if you have direct control over which verticies

Can you show me what you mean?

overall it's super cool. thanks again for the plugin 💕

You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback.

i made a video showcasing both issues, the specular bumpiness - for me it happens with both pelvis and penis materials.
the anus/perenium thing i think isn't really an issue, it'll be obscured by anything penetrating it.
i'm just hoping it's easy to improve :p

Hrm, the repro doesn't work for me. I've also checked that v15 should have those morphs. Not sure what the issue might be. Is anyone else seeing this?

I think she looks great!

I just noticed this too, but only for the pelvis. After merging the pelvis takes the place of the old 'disable anatomy' material so it's actually affected by the base skin material controls. It should at least be defaulting to that. I have no idea why it goes to 0. Will look deeper...

Yeah, I might have been a little too aggressive with the pins on the top of the pelvis. It was to compensate for a problem that I ended up solving a different way.

Can you show me what you mean?

You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback.
just tested on a clean version of the game and can confirm that this bug is still there.

Steps to reproduce:
  3. Perform a hard reset.
  4. Reload the scene.

i made a video showcasing both issues, the specular bumpiness - for me it happens with both pelvis and penis materials.
the anus/perenium thing i think isn't really an issue, it'll be obscured by anything penetrating it.
i'm just hoping it's easy to improve :p

Thanks! Very useful. I'll play around with the material settings. Might just rewrite the whole material options system since I'm having trouble remembering all of its idiosyncrasies.

I see what you mean about the anus/perineum issue now. I'll see if there are any morphs that adjust it.

Unfortunately there are limits to how I can pin the vertices. VAM only lets grafts get pinned to the base mesh, not each other (which is what I need to do to align the two gen meshes). The workaround is that I need to find a base mesh vertex to pin both meshes to, and finding good candidates isn't easy. Here's a picture of what I mean: green are vagina verts, blue are base verts, and red are the male gens.

1689748298336.png

That being said, I played around with it some more, and I think I found a better configuration. Still works well with Weeb's textures though.
1689748991792.png1689749281554.png

The only issue is that this one needs morphs to prevent weird shadows.
1689749145320.png

It's late now, but I'll send out an updated version some time tomorrow

There is another issue concerning the color of the male pelvis textures.

just tested on a clean version of the game and can confirm that this bug is still there.

Steps to reproduce:
  3. Perform a hard reset.
  4. Reload the scene.

Ah, I think I misunderstood. I thought a 'hard reset' was just restarting vam, but do you mean the hard reset button?
1689749566607.png

I haven't tried that. What does it even do?

Yeah, that's a known issue with no easy fix. It looks like you're using the default skin texture, which doesn't have a 'futa' version so the plugin just loads the default penis texture. Some skins (Kayla, Lexi, Maria, Mia) have a futa version and the plugin will try to use the corresponding texture.

Unfortunately, even that's not perfect as the male and female textures are subtly different. Removing the seams completely will require new textures. WeebUVR has already converted some existing futa textures to blend better :

Ah, I think I misunderstood. I thought a 'hard reset' was just restarting vam, but do you mean the hard reset button?
View attachment 270735

I haven't tried that. What does it even do?
From Vam Wiki: ”Hard Reset” Hard reset will essentially reboot VaM. Clearing out any physics issues, flushing memory and putting the program into the same state it was when launched without having to relaunch.

Yeah, that's a known issue with no easy fix. It looks like you're using the default skin texture, which doesn't have a 'futa' version so the plugin just loads the default penis texture. Some skins (Kayla, Lexi, Maria, Mia) have a futa version and the plugin will try to use the corresponding texture.

Unfortunately, even that's not perfect as the male and female textures are subtly different. Removing the seams completely will require new textures. WeebUVR has already converted some existing futa textures to blend better :
No no, I mean, the color of the 'Male Pelvis Material' just doesn't stick after you reload the scene. I saved it with a dark color but it loads with the default one.
1689750295109.png

No no, I mean, the color of the 'Male Pelvis Material' just doesn't stick after you reload the scene. I saved it with a dark color but it loads with the default one.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Will fix in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks! Very useful. I'll play around with the material settings. Might just rewrite the whole material options system since I'm having trouble remembering all of its idiosyncrasies.

I see what you mean about the anus/perineum issue now. I'll see if there are any morphs that adjust it.

Unfortunately there are limits to how I can pin the vertices. VAM only lets grafts get pinned to the base mesh, not each other (which is what I need to do to align the two gen meshes). The workaround is that I need to find a base mesh vertex to pin both meshes to, and finding good candidates isn't easy. Here's a picture of what I mean: green are vagina verts, blue are base verts, and red are the male gens.

View attachment 270720

That being said, I played around with it some more, and I think I found a better configuration. Still works well with Weeb's textures though.
View attachment 270726View attachment 270733

The only issue is that this one needs morphs to prevent weird shadows.
View attachment 270727

It's late now, but I'll send out an updated version some time tomorrow

definitely seems better, nice work :)
the shadows are a concern but if it's an easy morph as you say all should be good.

@Stopper
Thank you for the great update!
Just want to say that i saw the same "indents" on the pelvis area, same ones @MvFF noticed

I already converted some of @Riddler skins to futa the "classic" way. Currently i'm waiting to release them on the HUB because, i want to also add versions that work with your awesome plugin. Those from riddler and the @RenVR ones from @WeebUVR should give plenty of choices to futa look creators
I know i'm super picky but, those indents are really disturbing for me...don't want to convert textures and then a future "fix" makes them useless

EDIT:
Seems that the"dents" can be fixed by playing a bit with the options...
Now we need better plugin compatibility (hazmhox fuids, divining foreskin, etc) but, probably is a thing relevant to creators of those plugins
Keep up the awesome work :love:

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it took a while. There were a bunch of things I needed to figure out how to do and VAM fought me kicking and screaming through most of it. Rage-quit a few times...

But here we are! Let me know how it works for you.
its your choice how long you want to make it work i know you have been into some other awsome plugins aswell so i just needed to to wait till you got back into this one, so far the plugin is working amazing then ever, but i wanted to ask what i need to do for divining lips and hands to work for it cuz i add that plugin after futa one and it still recognize it as a female atom, do i have to change into male skin while using futa plugin and then change back into the one i use or it can be done with applying futa plugin 1st? i need divining lips and hands to some how detect that the female atom is now a male atom after futa plugin applied.

View attachment 270734
This used to happen to me too but on previous versions but it used to happen even if i don't load the saved atom preset it just changed pelvis color after few moments ingame. Not sure about now though as i still need to test it more to see if it still happens to me or not.

@Stopper
Not really sure if is a thing you can "fix" but, @hazmhox fluids plugin (person version), obviously doesn't recognize the added penis so, only presents options for the female fluids:
1689775717980.png

Workaround would be to go back to "old" method of attaching an invisible atom to the penis and have fluids from here but, person version is so much easier to use and adapt (was added in recent versions) that, would be nice to have it work with alt-futa too

Last edited:
Stopper updated [Experimental] Alternative Futa with a new update entry:

Geometry and MaterialOptions Fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a quick test with latest version and WeebU Gina Alt-Futa texture, Totally awesome <3
I didn't used any shine or gloss map and matched all the female skin settings to the plugin penis

1689796596366.png

1689796656407.png

Back
Top Bottom