[Experimental] Cloth CUA

Plugins [Experimental] Cloth CUA

Stopper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

[Experimental] Cloth CUA - Adds cloth physics to CUAs

Adds cloth physics to CUAs and built-in props.

Note: This is still pretty early in its development. Ping me if you find bugs not listed below. 🙏

Usage
  1. Add to CUA or built-in item.
  2. Select mesh from list.
  3. Press "Create Cloth"
  4. Configure as needed

Bugs / Missing Features
  • Saving/Loading from scene doesn't work
    • This and presets will be added later...

Read more about this resource...

Future version feature suggestions:
A method for identifying meshes before the conversion process. Large, complex CUA often don't have useful labels for various meshes, which means a lot of trial and error to find the mesh you want to clothify, which can take a long time if some of the meshes are slow to convert.
A way to move converted meshes around. With some CUA, the meshes move after conversion, so being able to adjust the position/scale of the converted mesh is a must.

Also, for the community: please list CUA you have found that work well with this plugin as-is!

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth CUA with a new update entry:

Save/Load for geometry. Preset Support

• Added logic to save and restore geometry so that it doesn't have to be recreated each time.
  • Added logic to save and restore presets
    • Geometry and presets are saved into different files to allow sharing of geometry between presets.
      • The last saved/loaded geometry gets set on the preset.
    • Material options should also save/load correctly

Saving and loading in scene should also work. As always, let me know if you see bugs 🙏

Read the rest of this update entry...

When i apply this to a scaled down CUA it reverts it to the default size. Anyway around this?

i have v3 version and when i attach plugin to many CUA and open it its empty, no meshes to choose. Why is that? Does it work with animated CUAs?

2) ife added CUA and your plugin, it recognise some meshes i click to crete joints and now after 30min it get 9% (on AMD 7950x3d :)) why is that ? is it couse of cua has many vertices?

Last edited:
i have v3 version and when i attach plugin to many CUA and open it its empty, no meshes to choose. Why is that? Does it work with animated CUAs?

2) ife added CUA and your plugin, it recognise some meshes i click to crete joints and now after 30min it get 9% (on AMD 7950x3d :)) why is that ? is it couse of cua has many vertices?
It might not work with skinned or animated CUAs, yeah. If you link me the asset file I can try to see if it's possible.

Yeah, the vertex count can affect the time by a lot. There's no spatial partitioning that I saw in the code to find neighbors, so the time taken would grow quadratically with the vertex count.

I don't know why but on most CUA's I've tried when I create the cloth it creates it but moves it away from the actual CUA. Like the part of the CUA I create cloth with will hover in the air and to the side a significant amount. I even tried it on the DSBR_Bed you used in the example video in this post and it still does it. Any ideas why or how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom