• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
[Experimental] Cloth Skin

Plugins [Experimental] Cloth Skin

Has anyone noticed how perfect this is for bulge lovers? No need for staged morphs to emulate movement. Completely smooth:
GIF 10-09-2023 00-12-11.gif
Just using a sphere with collision off and material hidden.
If it wasn't so expensive to run I imagine this would see a ton of use on the hub.

Great Plugin! Was wondering if it was still under development? Still has so much more potential. Could be one of the best plugins ever. Thanks for all your work.

Great Plugin! Was wondering if it was still under development? Still has so much more potential. Could be one of the best plugins ever. Thanks for all your work.
The problem is that I don't want to develop it as much as I want to completely overhaul it, and that's too much of a commitment so I just end up not giving it any love.

I've never liked how VAM's cloth physics worked for skin. It's too easy for colliders to slip 'into' the body, there are hard edges where the sim stops, and the performance hit is massive.

A lot of the stuff I've been working on recently has been inspired by me figuring out how to take ClothSkin to the next level. ClothCUA, for example, functions by creating a 'person' skin based on the CUA mesh, and then applying cloth simulation directly to it (rather than on clothing). Doing the same for ClothSkin might help perf. One of my next experiments will be to recess the cloth colliders into the body so that they can be larger without affecting the collision distance. I've also got some ideas about cloth self-collision...

So an update is coming eventually. Maybe even before VAM2 comes out.

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth Skin with a new update entry:

[Beta] Major Overhaul

I've redone the core mechanism behind how this works. Instead of using a geoshell it now applies the physics directly to the skin. I'm also using some custom compute shaders to remove the slow communication with the GPU.

Major changes:
  • Performance greatly improved.
    • I only get a drop of a few fps, but mileage will vary.
  • Now can affect the entire body (including anatomy, eyes, and mouth)
  • Supports male and female models (not AltFuta, yet)

Bugs and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have an issue with the clothing not being on the list. If I search by creator your name is not popping up. This is the second time that happens, last time was with CUA Clothing if I remember correctly. I haven't found anyone else talking about this issue, so I am puzzled what might be the issue on my end. Hopefully, you might have an idea.

That is a fantastic improvement over the last version!

Still a bit weird at times but after a bit of tweaking I got a pretty good setup working on a static scene. Breaks a little in movement due to its being cloth physics. Acceleration really hurts it, but without it the skin lags behind. If you have your person pose really strong and then turn off acceleration it does look really good

I dunno if this is something you can fix, but cloth grabbing needs to be turned off at least on the butt and breasts. When you squeeze the boobs it grabs the cloth and looks really funky

Stopper updated [Experimental] Cloth Skin with a new update entry:

Major Improvements

• Clothing now wraps to the modified skin
  • Added support for AltFuta (v26 and up)
    • Only base female UV supported for now
  • Can now switch between characters/genders
  • Material options combined into smaller set
  • Collider list now updates when objects are loaded
  • Minor fixes
    • Should work for scene save/load
    • Fixed ColliderRadius slider not working
    • Setting stiffness to 1 often broke things to me. Now internally limited to 0.999
    • Fixed sphere...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I was considering mentioning sphere colliders not affecting it, but there you go fixing it. The new overhaul is amazing. No geoshell reliance, and a huge performance boost over the old. I can't imagine not using this from now on.

I was considering mentioning sphere colliders not affecting it, but there you go fixing it. The new overhaul is amazing. No geoshell reliance, and a huge performance boost over the old. I can't imagine not using this from now on.
Glad you're enjoying it!

My QA guy is terrible, so don't hesitate to flag bugs.

I have an issue with the clothing not being on the list. If I search by creator your name is not popping up. This is the second time that happens, last time was with CUA Clothing if I remember correctly. I haven't found anyone else talking about this issue, so I am puzzled what might be the issue on my end. Hopefully, you might have an idea.
@Stopper
I just added the latest version of your plugin but I also can't find the geoshell in the Clothing list. Very strange :confused:

@Stopper
I just added the latest version of your plugin but I also can't find the geoshell in the Clothing list. Very strange :confused:
The new versions don't have the geoshell. If you want the geoshell for other purposes, maybe renaming an old version of the plugin would work?

So it's not needed anymore, only the plugin? Sorry, the video mislead me.
Didn't seem to work with a sphere atom, I'll try a capsule instead.

Last edited:
So it's not needed anymore, only the plugin? Sorry, the video mislead me.
Didn't seem to work with a sphere atom, I'll try a capsule instead.
Spheres should work. Everything is rigid by default so if you might need to turn down the sim strength or add a texture.

There are no built-in sim textures yet, unfortunately.

Spheres should work. Everything is rigid by default so if you might need to turn down the sim strength or add a texture.

There are no built-in sim textures yet, unfortunately.
Capsule also has no effect, does on clothing I added to test though. I feel like a noob here.
Added the plugin to a base female UV person and nothing happens on the skin.
I'll keep testing, have to go now.

Capsule also has no effect, does on clothing I added to test though. I feel like a noob here.
Added the plugin to a base female UV person and nothing happens on the skin.
I'll keep testing, have to go now.
It's possible that it's erroring on startup so nothing gets set up, though if that's the case you probably would not see some of the UI sliders. Feel free to ping me on discord and I can help debug.

I'm not brave enough to test this on my already-almost-melting hardware but... here is my thumb up for the revolutionary idea! ;)

(y)

I'm not brave enough to test this on my already-almost-melting hardware but... here is my thumb up for the revolutionary idea! ;)

(y)
If you decide to abuse your rig, let me know how it performs! The fps hit has been very manageable for me.

Is that have better effecte when using high quality physics?

@octobiped
do you want to share here the plugin's values you placed in the review for more visibility?
Maybe others have also interesting values to share and ideas. I'm still in early testing, need more time before sharing tips.

@octobiped
do you want to share here the plugin's values you placed in the review for more visibility?
Maybe others have also interesting values to share and ideas. I'm still in early testing, need more time before sharing tips.
No problem! Here are the values I changed:

Stiffness to 0.05
Distance Scale to 1.75
Compression Resistance to 0.05
Collision Radius to 0.025
Collision Power to 0.15
Uniform Sim Strength sliders: Torso to 0.60, Limbs to 0.75 and all the others to 0.85

That makes the character far "squishier" without significantly altering their appearance. I'm sure these values can be greatly improved with more testing, and if I find a better combination, I'll share here :) @Stopper You have done absolutely amazing work. This is some straight-up sorcery you've pulled off.

No problem! Here are the values I changed:

Stiffness to 0.05
Distance Scale to 1.75
Compression Resistance to 0.05
Collision Radius to 0.025
Collision Power to 0.15
Uniform Sim Strength sliders: Torso to 0.60, Limbs to 0.75 and all the others to 0.85

That makes the character far "squishier" without significantly altering their appearance. I'm sure these values can be greatly improved with more testing, and if I find a better combination, I'll share here :) @Stopper You have done absolutely amazing work. This is some straight-up sorcery you've pulled off.
Thanks for sharing, and glad you're having fun with it!

You can also attach preset files to make sharing a little easier, though I can't guarantee that they will not be broken by future updates.

I have a suggestion for sim textures. When one is applied, would it be possible for the uniform slider for that part to modify the power of the texture mask instead? Increase/Decrease (red) levels of the texture. This would make it easier to fine tune the softness, with the sim texture acting more like a guide. Looks really cool when the boney areas like collarbones don't deform much compared to soft areas!

amazin. is it couse of low number of vertices on G2 model, if girl had big breast and pres it then quite a big area (compared to pressing object ) is deflated?

amazin. is it couse of low number of vertices on G2 model, if girl had big breast and pres it then quite a big area (compared to pressing object ) is deflated?
That's likely the collision radius.

Back
Top Bottom