Other All The Way Through - Collider Editor Preset

mastermike8800

Reactions
Website
www.bonervisionvr.com
Patreon
bonervision
mastermike8800 submitted a new resource:

All The Way Through - Collider Editor Preset Mk. 1 - Custom Collider Editor Preset designed to handle big objects

This preset was not designed for realism.​

Hi! In preparation of my next scene I spent some time reworking the collisions of my characters. Maybe some of you will find this preset useful if you've been frustrated by the vanilla collision model that doesn't handle big objects well.

This preset is an extensive rework of the original colliders. It is designed for easy deep penetration with less spazzing. I have also reworked the...

Read more about this resource...

Hey! Thank you for making and publishing this. I was having some issues with the jaw/throat area. Is there any way you could release your scene so I can compare mine to see what’s going wrong?
and thanks again

Hmm. Are you having issues with my preset? There will always be certain limitations with collisions in VAM. For instance, if you are trying to achieve deepthroat it is possible but I've never been able to do it by physics alone, no matter how much I adjust the springs of the PenisMid and PenisTip nodes when they are in the off position. The nodes just push the head back instead of the head guiding the nodes into place. The only way I can create convincing deepthroat is to animate the PenisMid and PenisTip to manually curve down the throat.

I know a lot of people use Divining Rod but I don't so I can't offer any advice there but I'll give you my set up.

I use Jayjaywon's Orifice Aligner, add it to an empty atom and then select it to align with mouth. Then I set up both the Male and Female with AcidBubble's Timeline. I create a layer on the Male with the Hip, PenisBase, PenisMid and Penis Tip node targets. I usually attach the PenisBase to the Hip inside of Timeline by going to the Target Tab, and using the Parenting and More feature. I attach the PenisMid and PenisTip to the Empty Node aligned with the mouth. From there you just manually animate the PenisMid and PenisTip nodes to curve down the throat. Another tip is to select the Females head and crank that hold potition spring up to 4000-5000, and set the rotation spring to 500 or so. Same with the Penis Nodes. This helps everything to stay in place.

Even with this setup you might run into some issues where once you're in the throat the physics don't want to easily let you out. Also the fact that you only have 3 colliders to work with in the Penis means that when you curve the penis around the many head colliders the animation combined with the physics can look bumpy.

I wish this preset could be a magic bullet to all those issues with the VAM's colliders. Believe me I tried many different iterations trying get everything smooth and perfect but this is the best I've been able to achieve so far but I'll keep at it.

If you still really want me to send you this scene let me know and I'll take some time to remove all dependencies so it will be an easy process to get in there and test things. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let me know.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for replying!
no issues with the preset itself, more likely issues with what I’m trying to do with it.
I’m going to experiment more with it later today to see what’s going on.

I think it has to do with the jaw and mouth colliders when penetrating from the bottom up. This also may have to do with the size of the model relative to the size of the (non rigid) penetrator. (I have a feeling that this has something to do with it)

Ah, I see. I created quite a bit of space in the cranium so maybe try going further up before attempting to go out through the mouth. I did test this preset on a completely zeroed model but yes size of certain body parts will affect the collisions. I'll also take a look at the collision model around the neck and jaw line. Since the jaw was designed to move relative to collisions on the outside of the jaw, it is possible that collisions from the back of the jaw could have some weird interactions.

Hmm. Are you having issues with my preset? There will always be certain limitations with collisions in VAM. For instance, if you are trying to achieve deepthroat it is possible but I've never been able to do it by physics alone, no matter how much I adjust the springs of the PenisMid and PenisTip nodes when they are in the off position. The nodes just push the head back instead of the head guiding the nodes into place. The only way I can create convincing deepthroat is to animate the PenisMid and PenisTip to manually curve down the throat.

I know a lot of people use Divining Rod but I don't so I can't offer any advice there but I'll give you my set up.

I use Jayjaywon's Orifice Aligner, add it to an empty atom and then select it to align with mouth. Then I set up both the Male and Female with AcidBubble's Timeline. I create a layer on the Male with the Hip, PenisBase, PenisMid and Penis Tip node targets. I usually attach the PenisBase to the Hip inside of Timeline by going to the Target Tab, and using the Parenting and More feature. I attach the PenisMid and PenisTip to the Empty Node aligned with the mouth. From there you just manually animate the PenisMid and PenisTip nodes to curve down the throat. Another tip is to select the Females head and crank that hold potition spring up to 4000-5000, and set the rotation spring to 500 or so. Same with the Penis Nodes. This helps everything to stay in place.

Even with this setup you might run into some issues where once you're in the throat the physics don't want to easily let you out. Also the fact that you only have 3 colliders to work with in the Penis means that when you curve the penis around the many head colliders the animation combined with the physics can look bumpy.

I wish this preset could be a magic bullet to all those issues with the VAM's colliders. Believe me I tried many different iterations trying get everything smooth and perfect but this is the best I've been able to achieve so far but I'll keep at it.

If you still really want me to send you this scene let me know and I'll take some time to remove all dependencies so it will be an easy process to get in there and test things. I hope this helps. If you have any more questions let me know.

There's a scene that does deep penetration that uses some kind of custom script to disable the end and mid penis colliders during thrusting. It's in a scene called Telly.OgreScene1.1.var and the name of the script is called bvctr.PenisCollision. I don't think that script was ever released separately.

i can't figure out how to get it working , I'm not sure if I'm missing something

How familiar are you with VAM plugins? Have you downloaded AcidBubbles Collider Editor? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/collider-editor.183/ Put the .VAR file in your VAM/Addonpackage along my VAR file. You need to add that plugin to your female character atom by clicking on the plugins tab while the atom control is selected. Add a new plugin and find collider editor from the addon packages list on the left. Click the 'Open Custom UI' and click load preset. You then find my plugin from the list on the left and add the preset. That should be all you need to do. Let me know if you have any more trouble.

How familiar are you with VAM plugins? Have you downloaded AcidBubbles Collider Editor? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/collider-editor.183/ Put the .VAR file in your VAM/Addonpackage along my VAR file. You need to add that plugin to your female character atom by clicking on the plugins tab while the atom control is selected. Add a new plugin and find collider editor from the addon packages list on the left. Click the 'Open Custom UI' and click load preset. You then find my plugin from the list on the left and add the preset. That should be all you need to do. Let me know if you have any more trouble.
I'm not that familiar with the plugins and I have it installed, ill try this and see if I have anymore problems

Hi! I just want to give you a special thanks for those little infos:
  • The Soft Body Physics under the Glute Physics Tab has a lot to do with how easy it is to penetrate as well as how it looks. Tweak those values, especially Fat Collider Radius and Fat Distance Limit.
  • To reduce spazzing; increase the hold position/rotation spring and dampener of the body parts affected.
  • Another way to reduce the chance of hips spazzing out is to turn on the left and right thighs by parent linking them to the hips. This way they don't rotate into awkward positions that interfere with penetration.
Those few rows changed everything in my VaM sessions.

THANK YOU! ;)

Hi! I just want to give you a special thanks for those little infos:
  • The Soft Body Physics under the Glute Physics Tab has a lot to do with how easy it is to penetrate as well as how it looks. Tweak those values, especially Fat Collider Radius and Fat Distance Limit.
  • To reduce spazzing; increase the hold position/rotation spring and dampener of the body parts affected.
  • Another way to reduce the chance of hips spazzing out is to turn on the left and right thighs by parent linking them to the hips. This way they don't rotate into awkward positions that interfere with penetration.
Those few rows changed everything in my VaM sessions.

THANK YOU! ;)

You're welcome. I like to lurk around the hub and discord and check out the media people are posting. Even though I don't get a ton of credit, I'd like to think that this collider preset has something to do with the deep penetration revolution going on around here. It's always nice to hear that people are satisfied with the work. Happy to do it.

Last edited:
Hey! Thanks for the nifty collider-preset.

It does have some asymmetries, though:
- one of the horizontal chest colliders is off-center (has a non-zero z-value).
- and the glute-colliders are ,,, whelp. You can see it if you select "mesh-colliders", "select", "only modified", then enter "glute" into the text-field, crank the opacity for selected way up and go through the modified glute colliders one by one - the l/r glute colliders don't match. Actually most of them.

Breast, vag & mouth collliders are perfectly symmeteric - only the ass is skewed ... :oops:

Hey! Thanks for the nifty collider-preset.

It does have some asymmetries, though:
- one of the horizontal chest colliders is off-center (has a non-zero z-value).
- and the glute-colliders are ,,, whelp. You can see it if you select "mesh-colliders", "select", "only modified", then enter "glute" into the text-field, crank the opacity for selected way up and go through the modified glute colliders one by one - the l/r glute colliders don't match. Actually most of them.

Breast, vag & mouth collliders are perfectly symmeteric - only the ass is skewed ... :oops:

Thanks for the insight. I knew that the glutes needed work and I hadn't got around to it because of the scene I've been working on. Sounds like its pretty bad. I'll spend sometime here in the near future to clean it all up.

Thanks for the insight. I knew that the glutes needed work and I hadn't got around to it because of the scene I've been working on. Sounds like its pretty bad. I'll spend sometime here in the near future to clean it all up.

Well, bad ... I should probably mention that I have OCD and a pronounced symmetry-fetish ... :geek:

TL;DR - Yes, it's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!

Actually, there's another issue I've been having with this plugin in two scenes by XRWizard - when I activate the "previewcolliders"-view (where you see all the colliders as tubes & spheres), it also affects a CUA that hosts the scene's environment. A weird "cylinder" appears around the CUA. Looks like this:

1671674603.png

Any idea what that might be?

I'm running a Zen 7 5800x & Radeon Ry5700XT GPU, ColliderEditor version 38, scene is "North Pole" by XRWizard (free version here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/north-pole.27452/)

Note that:
a) The CUA is at the center of that cylinder.
b) The person-atom root is close to the CUA - it would be within the volume of that cylinder, so it might be the effect only appears if the person-atom root is in the proximity of the CUA.
c) The cylinder ONLY appears when using the "collider preview" function - the scene works just fine with your preset if I don't toggle "collider preview"
d) XRWizard tested the preset on his machine & couldn't reproduce the effect - it might be smth that is specific to Radeon cards.
e) XRWizard has speculated if it's related to 'Ignore Raycast' Layer - he set this to an object in the CUA.

Last edited:
Actually, there's another issue I've been having with this plugin in two scenes by XRWizard - when I activate the "previewcolliders"-view (where you see all the colliders as tubes & spheres), it also affects a CUA that hosts the scene's environment. A weird "cylinder" appears around the CUA. Looks like this:

View attachment 191728

Any idea what that might be?

I'm running a Zen 7 5800x & Radeon Ry5700XT GPU, ColliderEditor version 38, scene is "North Pole" by XRWizard (free version here: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/north-pole.27452/)

Note that:
a) The CUA is at the center of that cylinder.
b) The person-atom root is close to the CUA - it would be within the volume of that cylinder, so it might be the effect only appears if the person-atom root is in the proximity of the CUA.
c) The cylinder ONLY appears when using the "collider preview" function - the scene works just fine with your preset if I don't toggle "collider preview"
d) XRWizard tested the preset on his machine & couldn't reproduce the effect - it might be smth that is specific to Radeon cards.
e) XRWizard has speculated if it's related to 'Ignore Raycast' Layer - he set this to an object in the CUA.

I've honestly never experienced anything like that... you might bring it up with AcidBubbles who created the plugin. He might have more to say about it.

I really don't know, sorry... The CUAs that are parented to the Person atom with Collider Editor will be included, so you should be able to find them and configure them if that helps?

Yeah, but the CUA wasn't parented to the Person atom.

VaM treats the cylinder as a genuine collider- the person-atom's objectnodes can't penetrate into it. So my "guess" was that the cylinder is some type of collider in the CUA that's normally turned off, and ColliderEditor's "preview colliders" feature somehow turns it on again (note that the person atom's root-node is located within the volume of the cylinder). Or something, yknow?

Anyhow - thx for having a look.

"Another one for the X-files, Scully ..."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom